2,964 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Demise said:

2. You can file up 180 days early before expiration. The receipt notice for the renewal extends the previous EAD for 180 days. Each C09 EAD is valid for 2 years.

2- Do you get AP also w/ EAD?

- Prima Facie- Why ppl need multiple Prima Facie?

- Is VAWA processing is done at same place where I-130/I-485?

23 minutes ago, VolksWagon99 said:

So, What i understood...VAWA can be filed even after 2 yrs of divorce but won't be approved and you'll be in removal proceedings. Then you can fight cancellation of removal in court based on hardship to yourself or/and to your kid. This kid has to be with abuser?

- Do you get EAD in this scenerio?

- Whats the level of hardship to prove, is it too hard?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Not sure if this is allowed to share here. But i found these random cases on care tracker. Seeing lot of rejections. Any thoughts. 

pS i dont know anyone in that case just random search that anyone can do. If no issues please post these pictures 

D1A2188B-EAD5-4EC1-AA31-1B92EFD64F20.png

11BA4C7F-9977-4FAD-881E-9B7735D0CDDD.png

24 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

Not sure if this is allowed to share here. But i found these random cases on care tracker. Seeing lot of rejections. Any thoughts. 

pS i dont know anyone in that case just random search that anyone can do. If no issues please post these pictures 

Honestly we cannot say, now I believe i360 is used for variety of other petitions, so all these cases denied may not be vawa 

1 hour ago, Aadi135 said:

I feel depressed when seeing denied cases.

3 hours ago, VolksWagon99 said:

So, What i understood...VAWA can be filed even after 2 yrs of divorce but won't be approved and you'll be in removal proceedings. Then you can fight cancellation of removal in court based on hardship to yourself or/and to your kid. This kid has to be with abuser?

Cancellation of removal is a bit different. It can only be filed with an immigration court while in removal proceedings and getting yourself placed into removal proceedings when you want to is actually pretty damn hard. In this case you do not file I-360, instead you file EOIR-42B with the court.

Correct, the extreme hardship has to be to yourself or to your child. The kid does not have to be with the abuser, however due to some particular wording of the section of law pertaining to VAWA COR you can file EOIR-42B if you were never married but your mutual child was a victim of abuse by other parent who's a USC or LPR. Basically it's a bit of a mess. 

2- Do you get AP also w/ EAD?

- Prima Facie- Why ppl need multiple Prima Facie?

- Is VAWA processing is done at same place where I-130/I-485?

You can get an AP with the C09 EAD, however filing for a renewal only extends your employment eligibility, NOT the advance parole, so if you plan to travel, make sure that you're back while the prior EAD is still valid, do not bank on getting lucky and getting the renewal approved while you're abroad.

- Do you get EAD in this scenerio?

- Whats the level of hardship to prove, is it too hard?

Yes, while you have a pending EOIR-42B with the court you can file I-765 with USCIS under the category code C10.

Let me do another list for a C10:

Basis of eligibility: Pending EOIR-42B

Cost: $410 for initial and renewals (or you will need a fee waiver, ideally from the judge)

Validity: 1 year

Automatic 180 day extension: Yes

Can have advance parole (combo card): No

The term used is extreme hardship, which is the same standard that's used for things like unlawful presence waivers. It is difficult and it goes above just being forced to move to a crappier country but it is far from insurmountable. That being said, I do not under any circumstances recommend DIYing a COR case.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
18 hours ago, VolksWagon99 said:

I hope i'll finish it before getting the approval  lol

We all have been awake at night due to stress of abuse and read the threads every night.  The threads provide insight, comfort, and understanding that you are not alone in dealing with abuse, and the fear of the unknown with immigration.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

3 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

Seems odd, since no one on this thread ever seems to have their case denied.

7 minutes ago, HustlingStill said:

I have messaged you long time ago, can you clean up your inbox?

Me?  I don't have any unread messages and the inbox has plenty of storage space.

7 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

I wouldn't recommend looking at random cases because you will drive yourself mad. I've done it for mine, I looked like 200 cases before and after mine and I swear that I was one of the last ones to get a decision on mine.

If you want to look at stats just get the chart from USCIS: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/data/I360_VAWA_performancedata_fy2021_qtr4.pdf

Looks like for FY 2021 the approval rate for spouses was about 68.8%, which seems a bit down. Maybe they're clearing out the backlog by denying cases that lack merit.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.