2,964 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, DanyT. said:

image.thumb.png.255c2fb33e2ab684be3155b090e263bc.png

Hi Guys, when I filed my I360 form I included a I765 form under C31 category. My I360 it seems was approved last week and uscis mail me a card yesterday. Today I received this notification with the denial of the I765. Anyone knows if something is wrong with my case , or if this is normal because my I360 was already approved?.

Since you are getting C31 they denied c09. nothing to worry about.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lola_lalo said:

Hello to you all. I need some information. My I-360 were approved on Sep 2019. after that I haven't heard back from USCIS except when i renew my work permit. I don't know if it is transferred to local office from Vermont. But today I get a biometrics appointment for 12/3/21. What does it mean? does it mean it is transferred? Do i need to do medical? (I didn't get the notice) and how long for the interview after the biometrics? Thank you! 

No point in doing medicals right now, they will first send the i693 medical deficiency/courtesy notice and then they'll send RFE for medicals if they want to skip your interview. If they want to interview you they'll send interview notice after courtesy notice. you can get your medical done after you get either RFE for medicals or interview notice. If they interview you, you just need to take the medicals with you to the interview. In case of RFE, you send medicals to USCIS after you get RFE

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017. 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJ forum either)

On H1b status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stay since then. 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020. 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020. 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020. 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / AP Renewal petition in February 2021. 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021. 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021. 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021. 

I-360 case approved status update - Nov 22, 2021. 

No RFE throughout.  

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case update on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in early July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to this congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyer denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22. I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as I assumed RFE was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailed it to me. It was indeed RFE requesting medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealed packet with copy of RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sent a notarized letter with the packet - updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I fired my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service Center on the same date. 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office. 

8/26/22: Case update on I485: New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:  On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO AND VSC.) 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect of "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 11/4/2021 at 9:34 PM, Sparkle said:

If he filed vawa and concurrently filed for work permit, he should wait for it to work lawfully.

Working without a permit is unlawful. Tell your friend to respect the laws of the country he is seeking to stay in legally. He can apply for government benefits with prima facie meanwhile. 

I agreed and suggested same to him, even offered money till he get his EAD. but he is like, i already made a mistake, i dont want to be burden on taxpayers, if i can earn on my own. He is still waiting for the EAD. Hope god gives him sense to do the right thing and follow the law.

On 11/9/2021 at 1:46 PM, sandranj said:

USCIS will forgive the time he worked without work permit, but AFTER filing Vawa he  should not break the Law and he must work with work permit.

Thank you @sandranj, conveyed the same message, hope he will understand the severity and not work illegally. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, marcoisland777 said:

@sandranj  hi sandra, can you please help me with ideas

I still haven't received my EAD renewal receipt, I sent it in October 18th 2021, If I were to write to congressman or write to USCIS to have it expedited, how would I specify about my ead renewal I do not have the ead renewal receipt?

what would you recommend me to do?

5 hours ago, balo101 said:

I called USCIS and rep told me to write to USCIS. My question is if i do not have receipt number how would this gonna help me. 

mention your Alien number, i recommend wait for 8-10 weeks in total before writing to USCIS. I was panicked like you, i did not received I-131 receipt and wrote too many(which i think too many) letters and then got my 2nd RFE. May be no relation but i got my AP. so they are working on it, just have some patience, you should be good  

that is a great question, I still havent received my EAD renewal receipt, If I were to write to congressman or write to USCIS to have it expedited, how would I specify about my ead renewal I do not have the ead renewal receipt?

mention your Alien number, but i recommend to wait for 8-10 weeks, with new address, we are seeing some delays getting the receipts. 

13 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

It is Wednesday already, and time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================

THE HELICOPTER LESSON

A blonde was taking helicopter lessons.

The instructor said, "I'll radio you every 1,000 feet to see how you're doing."

At 1,000 feet, the instructor radioed her and said that she was doing fine.

At 2,000 feet, he said that she was still doing well.

Just before she got to 3,000 feet, the propeller stopped, and she twirled to the ground.  The instructor ran to where she had crash-landed and pulled her out of the helicopter. "What went wrong?!" he asked.

The blonde said, "At 2,500 feet, I started to get cold, so I turned the big fan off."
:P 

lol ha ha ha, 

18 hours ago, DanyT. said:

image.thumb.png.e0f21221f36999d128bd26dc7582dbf3.png

quick update of my Vawa.

Heartiest congratulation, ❤️ 

Hi Fam!!!

So I just had my I485 interview this morning at NYC Federal Plaza and went by myself. It wasn’t that bad but it left me puzzled!

The interview itself only took 5-10 mins but the waiting time was 1 hour. 

The lady officer was nice and very professional.

Here are all the questions she asked me:

1. Do you have your passport? (I gave her my recent passport but she was looking for my old one when I first entered the US, didn’t have it with me, so I apologized for not bringing it)

2. Where is your husband?

3. When was the last time you saw him?

4. What are your old addresses together?

5. How long did you live in your address? (I might have messed this up because i can’t remember honestly since it was in 2017, but i gave her dates, just not sure if it was right) 

6. What was his old address?

7. What’s his mom’s name?

8. How did u meet?

9. Do you have any more proof that your marriage is legitimate? ( I said no more but I brought our marriage cert, she said it’s okay she has a copy)

10. What’s your current marital status? (Still married but i showed her my divorce papers that I just filed and it’s still on process ) 

11. Do you have your medical? (Handed her my medical) 

12. When was your last entry in the US? (Answered her and she asked if I have my recent I94)

She then proceed to the Yes and No questions. 

The only documents she asked from me was my passport, state ID, medical and I94. I thought she was going to ask for my old EAD/AP cards but she didn’t even ask for it then she told me that this interview is over and handed me Notice of Interview Results and if there’s anything they would mail me for updates. And That’s how my interview went. She didn’t say if it was approved or not. 

Was I supposed to bring more proof of bonafide marriage? I wasn’t even prepared for that.  

What should I expect next?

Is it possible for them to schedule me for another interview or RFE since I didn’t bring my old passport and more proof of bonafide marriage?

9 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

mention your Alien number, i recommend wait for 8-10 weeks in total before writing to USCIS. I was panicked like you, i did not received I-131 receipt and wrote too many(which i think too many) letters and then got my 2nd RFE. May be no relation but i got my AP. so they are working on it, just have some patience, you should be good  

mention your Alien number, but i recommend to wait for 8-10 weeks, with new address, we are seeing some delays getting the receipts. 

lol ha ha ha, 

Heartiest congratulation, ❤️ 

@Aadi135 thanks for your reply, should I write to this address?

USCIS Vermont Services 38 River Rd, Essex Junction, VT 05452

@sandranj  hi sandra, can you please help me with ideas

I still haven't received my EAD renewal receipt, I sent it in October 18th 2021, If I were to write to congressman or write to USCIS to have it expedited, how would I specify about my ead renewal I do not have the ead renewal receipt?

@sandranj 

hi sandra, can you please help me with ideas

25 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hi Fam!!!

So I just had my I485 interview this morning at NYC Federal Plaza and went by myself. It wasn’t that bad but it left me puzzled!

The interview itself only took 5-10 mins but the waiting time was 1 hour. 

The lady officer was nice and very professional.

Here are all the questions she asked me:

1. Do you have your passport? (I gave her my recent passport but she was looking for my old one when I first entered the US, didn’t have it with me, so I apologized for not bringing it)

2. Where is your husband?

3. When was the last time you saw him?

4. What are your old addresses together?

5. How long did you live in your address? (I might have messed this up because i can’t remember honestly since it was in 2017, but i gave her dates, just not sure if it was right) 

6. What was his old address?

7. What’s his mom’s name?

8. How did u meet?

9. Do you have any more proof that your marriage is legitimate? ( I said no more but I brought our marriage cert, she said it’s okay she has a copy)

10. What’s your current marital status? (Still married but i showed her my divorce papers that I just filed and it’s still on process ) 

11. Do you have your medical? (Handed her my medical) 

12. When was your last entry in the US? (Answered her and she asked if I have my recent I94)

She then proceed to the Yes and No questions. 

The only documents she asked from me was my passport, state ID, medical and I94. I thought she was going to ask for my old EAD/AP cards but she didn’t even ask for it then she told me that this interview is over and handed me Notice of Interview Results and if there’s anything they would mail me for updates. And That’s how my interview went. She didn’t say if it was approved or not. 

Was I supposed to bring more proof of bonafide marriage? I wasn’t even prepared for that.  

What should I expect next?

Is it possible for them to schedule me for another interview or RFE since I didn’t bring my old passport and more proof of bonafide marriage?

Thanks for sharing all the info, hope you get the gc soon!

what are the yes and no questions? how many of them are?

Timeline
2 hours ago, marcoisland777 said:

@Aadi135 thanks for your reply, should I write to this address?

USCIS Vermont Services 38 River Rd, Essex Junction, VT 05452

yes, correct 

7 hours ago, shiva32 said:

No point in doing medicals right now, they will first send the i693 medical deficiency/courtesy notice and then they'll send RFE for medicals if they want to skip your interview. If they want to interview you they'll send interview notice after courtesy notice. you can get your medical done after you get either RFE for medicals or interview notice. If they interview you, you just need to take the medicals with you to the interview. In case of RFE, you send medicals to USCIS after you get RFE

Thank you very much!

7 hours ago, DanyT. said:

image.thumb.png.255c2fb33e2ab684be3155b090e263bc.png

Hi Guys, when I filed my I360 form I included a I765 form under C31 category. My I360 it seems was approved last week and uscis mail me a card yesterday. Today I received this notification with the denial of the I765. Anyone knows if something is wrong with my case , or if this is normal because my I360 was already approved?.

Hello, I had the same notice. It means that when your I360 approved you are eligible to get your C31  automatically. That's why they mailed you your work permit. They deny your I-765 because you already have a work permit and you do not need another one. You are perfectly fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.