2,964 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, hazel.60 said:

Actually I was thinking about that too, Do people sue immigration officers at all?

I am having the VAWA interview, and I was thinking what happens when they start asking questions not related to the I 485, like the VAWA case. 

Probably nothing happens to them, but was just wondering if people ever sue IO lol 😆

Any lawsuit will be address to USCIS, not specifically to an officer.  For the interview is advice to bring an attorney to step in if any VAWA questions arise on the I-485 interview, but sometimes they do it, specially if you go by yourself we just have to answer according :/  

Filed: Other Timeline
On 10/27/2021 at 3:39 PM, hazel.60 said:

OMG! I'm glad you were able to find out the ate, this is coming up soon! Daaaamn I probably have an interview on the 20th then... SO NERVOUSSSS

SHOULD I GO WITH MY LAYER GUUUUUYS????!!!!

The interview with my husband went so bad, he made it look so awefull and the officer wasn't too convinced, we got an "invitation" for the second interview... WITH THE CAMERAS!!! Sooooo I feel like they are suspicious with my marriage, do you guys think I should take a lawyer with me?

I think I would feel safier since it is about my life... My green card! But also officers apparently aren't allowed to ask about the past, but without the lawyer they could...

Do Not go to the interview without a lawyer. Especially if you had a second interview, and they have doubts about your marriage. I recently had an interview in Pittsburgh, and it was a total crash. I went there by myself, thinking it will not be hard. Brought my taxes, all papers. But the officer didn't care about my taxes, he said that he doesn't need them. All he cared about was to break me or bring me to the breaking point. He start questioning me from the day 1 I came to the US, how I met my husband, why didn't I go back when my marriage didn't work, that I am a bad mom, since my kids are in my country, and I don't care about them. I was in shock. He started blaming me that I am from the Russian community, who pretty good knows how to prepare papers and fool migration. I never heard about such an interview. It was a lot. He kept me for more than an hour, with his blaming game. I was trying to answer him also, but since I was alone, I couldn't tell him you have no right to talk to me like this. I was afraid he could do something worse and just tried to give answers. He told most of you migrants do these, thinking that we are in USCIS here all stupid, but we are not. bla bla bla. In the end, he told me he doesn't believe me, even my case was approved in Vermont and he has to investigate it. It has been 2 months since my interview day, and I still didn't get an answer from USCIS. So my advice, do not go there without a lawyer. It is better to have a show watcher than become a show victim of some officer, who hates migrants.

3 minutes ago, Kama2018 said:

Do Not go to the interview without a lawyer. Especially if you had a second interview, and they have doubts about your marriage. I recently had an interview in Pittsburgh, and it was a total crash. I went there by myself, thinking it will not be hard. Brought my taxes, all papers. But the officer didn't care about my taxes, he said that he doesn't need them. All he cared about was to break me or bring me to the breaking point. He start questioning me from the day 1 I came to the US, how I met my husband, why didn't I go back when my marriage didn't work, that I am a bad mom, since my kids are in my country, and I don't care about them. I was in shock. He started blaming me that I am from the Russian community, who pretty good knows how to prepare papers and fool migration. I never heard about such an interview. It was a lot. He kept me for more than an hour, with his blaming game. I was trying to answer him also, but since I was alone, I couldn't tell him you have no right to talk to me like this. I was afraid he could do something worse and just tried to give answers. He told most of you migrants do these, thinking that we are in USCIS here all stupid, but we are not. bla bla bla. In the end, he told me he doesn't believe me, even my case was approved in Vermont and he has to investigate it. It has been 2 months since my interview day, and I still didn't get an answer from USCIS. So my advice, do not go there without a lawyer. It is better to have a show watcher than become a show victim of some officer, who hates migrants.

Wow, this is disheartening. Sorry you went through this 🤗

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I received a letter from my USCIS office in my city requesting for the I-865W and the medical . I have vawa approved . Have anyone been asked I-865W before ? Will my green card be approved after I send those documents in ? 

43 minutes ago, Kama2018 said:

Yes I do agree with you, I have had same experiences with 2 uscis officers who made my interview with my ex husband worst than the marriage we were in. I felt like they added to what made my ex husband treated me like all I just wanted was to be with him to become a USA citizen. After the interview he made my life a living hell like i was some kind of evil monster that migrated to the USA just to be with him for papers. Please I will advise if you are going to any interview just to be on the safe said take a lawyer who would speak up and defend your right. Thanks 🙏 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

I have EAD which I received on July 2021 with advance parole. I got this EAD because my spouse applied I-130 and I-485. I also applied for I-360 plus I-485 in June 2021 but I haven't received EAD and advance parole for this I-485. 

If I leave the country with I-130+I-485 advance parole will my I-360+I-485 be abandoned because I haven't used respective advance parole for traveling ? 

Spoiler

Progress related to Form I-130

01/15/2021 - Received date for I-130,  I-485, I-765, I-131
01/21/2021 - We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.

01/23/2021 - Received notices for I-130,  I-485, I-765, I-131

02/05/2021 - The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 and Form I-765 were taken.

04/13/2021 - I-693 Deficiency Notice

05/24/2021 - We are ready to schedule your Form I-485 for an interview.

06/17/2021 - We received your request for expedite processing for Form I-765.
06/23/2021 - Your request to have your case expedited, was assigned to an officer for response for Form I-765.

06/23/2021 - We sent a response to your request to have your case expedited for Form I-765.
06/23/2021 - Your request to have your case expedited, was completed for Form I-765.

06/28/2021 - We approved your request for expedite processing for Form I-765.

06/28/2021 - We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485.

07/18/2021 - We sent a response to your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time for Form I-131. 

07/28/2021 - We ordered your new card for Form I-765.

07/29/2021 - We approved your Form I-765 with 2 year validity. We approved your Form I-131 with 2 year validity.

07/30/2021 - We mailed your new card your Form I-765, directly to the address you gave us.

08/02/2021 - The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card for Form I-765.

08/05/2021 - Initial interview for Form I-485. Spouse also attended but separated. Told IO that I-360 was filed. Did not take any evidence to prove the marriage is valid so later got a RFE

08/11/2021 - Request for evidence to prove bonafide marriage and form I-130A and I-693. 

08/19/2021 - Submitted the RFE directly to Field office. 

08/24/2021 - Your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, was completed for Form I-131.
Progress related to Form I-360

06/17/2021 - Mailed Form I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131

06/25/2021 - We received your Form I-485, Form I-131, Form I-765.

06/29/2021 - We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-360

06/29/2021 - Received notices for I-360,  I-485, I-765, I-131

07/22/2021 - Fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 and Form I-360 have been applied to your case

08/05/2021 - Received Prima Facie Determination valid for 1 year. Expiry 08/05/2022

02/26/2022 - We ordered your new card for Form I-765.

03/01/2022 - We mailed your new card your Form I-765, directly to the address you gave us. We approved your Form I-765 validity for 2 years and combo card. We approved your Form I-131.

03/02/2022 - The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.

07/28/2022 - Received Prima Facie Determination valid for 6 months. Expiry 01/24/2023

01/18/2023 - Received Prima Facie Determination valid for 6 months. Expiry 07/17/2023

01/28/2023 - Mailed Form I-765, I-131 for renewal in C09P

02/09/2023 - We received your Form I-131, Form I-765.

03/01/2023 - Received notices for I-765, I-131. We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, I-131

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
23 hours ago, hazel.60 said:

Did you have a lawyer, if so did s/he prepare you for the interview?

Thank you! 

Tbh i dont know which one is my local field office, my lawyer was doing all the paperwork. I applied from San Diego.

edit: I just checked, looks like Vermont 

here:

02/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 
02/2020 C31 produced
01/2021 VAWA  status changed to CASE APPROVED
11/2021 -  VAWA  Interview 

No. I didn’t have a lawyer. Entirely relied upon this forum and @sandranj’s advice. 
To me lawyers were being out right rude. One asking me to carry my checkbook before I step into his office. I decided to just carry myself to the interview minus the checkbook and lawyer lol 😂 

Ofcourse, God’s grace and mercy were with me and I had a very chill interview with a very friendly interviewer! I wish you the same!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Karman said:

Hello All,

I have EAD which I received on July 2021 with advance parole. I got this EAD because my spouse applied I-130 and I-485. I also applied for I-360 plus I-485 in June 2021 but I haven't received EAD and advance parole for this I-485. 

If I leave the country with I-130+I-485 advance parole will my I-360+I-485 be abandoned because I haven't used respective advance parole for traveling ? 

Do  you have 2 pending i485’s?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kama2018 said:

I would sue that IO and also talk to their supervisor . Do you remember his/her name?

Timeline
On 10/28/2021 at 4:42 PM, hazel.60 said:

I see!

I actually just go the letter today! I'll do my medical next week. Interview is in 3 weeeeeks. 1 week before my birthday. God. HEEELP! 

Good luck!

19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I would sue that IO and also talk to their supervisor . Do you remember his/her name?

Yeap, he gave me a decision paper with his Last name. Lawyers told me to wait until he makes a decision and then file a complaint. Also, I was told that he was a former military that's why he is acting like this, since he knows that it is really hard to get rid of him, he is protected by the government. I found a recent lawsuit against that USCIS field and that officer, exactly with the same complaint as mine. 

4 hours ago, Kama2018 said:

That’s so true. DO NOT , Do Not go without a lawyer. Not everyone is nice and not everyone is luck. That was how my first interview was before my husband died. Some are terrible. 

22 minutes ago, Kama2018 said:

Yeap, he gave me a decision paper with his Last name. Lawyers told me to wait until he makes a decision and then file a complaint. Also, I was told that he was a former military that's why he is acting like this, since he knows that it is really hard to get rid of him, he is protected by the government. I found a recent lawsuit against that USCIS field and that officer, exactly with the same complaint as mine. 

Sounds familiar. Where was your interview. What star are you in. That sounds same like the person I had.😩

Fam, I need help.

If the processing date for 485 is past my receipt date, how do I open a query for my case? Can I do it online or do I have to write Vermont again? Thank you all!

Edited by peacefulFor

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.