DoodBoy

I-864 Financial Documents (transcript or tax return)

10 posts in this topic

hi folks, CR1 for pakistan (applying for wife)  petition approved.. looking to file in I-864 which requires financial documents (my case is vanilla, i dont need any sponser blessed career) on  website  it says 

Please submit an IRS tax transcript from the most recent tax year, which can be processed more efficiently than a copy of a tax return.  Alternatively, you may submit a complete copy of a filed tax return from the most recent tax year.

2 options (transcript or tax returns) 

option 1) online transcript (wait 5-10 days)

In order to get irs transcript one has to register at IRS site. So i tried registering, they are tough about identification. Address/Email/Creditcard last 8 # verified identity by phone # didnot get accepted, perhaps they want one with person's own name. So Alternatively, they will be sending me activation code through ACTUAL Physical MAIL (taking 5-10 days) per website. 

option 2) submit tax return copy & save time (1 day)

has anyone had any issues n delays because of option 2? what's best.

Meanwhile what else i can do to save time?  Ds-260 i should start on that form? freaken 100+ pages? are they serious

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

if  you have your credit frozen,  you will need to unfreeze it for that step.  I forget which agency they use though.

The document you want is the Tax Return Transcript.  You can get that either online or via mail.

If you send your tax document that you submitted to the IRS, you will also have to include any documents related to the income shown on the tax document.

Timeline
Just now, DoodBoy said:

speaking of saving time, what more can my wife do meanwhile?

like medical checkup? covid vaccine etc?  i want things to be done n not waste more time. 

Completing the COVID-19 vaccine,  and any other age appropriate vaccines, for which your wife does not have vaccine record for.

Collecting all the information that is going to be asked for by the DS-260 would also be a good use of time.

DS-260 i can fill that on behalf of my wife correct? that's accepted? 

About medical checkup & what's needed..they have some kind of list ahead? and what accredited hospitals accepted?

About Ds-260. I can start filling n leave it half now & half later, leave some in middle? correct

about the 1year timeframe to get visa by, when does that clock of 1 year begin? like there is a 1 year time by which one has to get everything done or one has to restart process from 0. Because some delay will be at NVC/Consulate end, i imagine, don't wanna be caught up in that mess.

Timeline

If by medical checkup, you are referring to the one that is required before she gets the visa.  That has to be done by an approved doctor, and note the visa (if approved) is only valid for (at most) 6 months from the date of medical.  And it's not accredited hospitals,  it's individual doctors.   for brazil there are 4 doctors spread somewhat across the country

The only 1 year deadline i am aware of is if say, start in the NVC paperwork today Oct 18, 2021,  then decided to wait until Oct 20, 2022 to finish it.

You would need to contact the NVC to let them know you were still working on it before the 365 days passed.

ok thanks Devraj, this response prompted me to look into medical further & i discovered additional steps/info. for Pakistani applicants. I'll share some

1) must get covid19 before medical exam

2) medical exam must be done before interview

3) one cannot complete medical exam before one has obtained interview letter +  DS-260 confirmation page which needs to be brought to approved doctors.  One MUST bring covid19 immunization certificate & few civil documents in order to get medical exam.

Covid19 vaccines must be from these 7 vaccines

https://covid19.trackvaccines.org/agency/who/

No saving time is possible (for medical) until applicant is document qualified + interview letter granted.  Only, way one can save time is get Covid19 vaccine ASAP because they require 2nd dose after 6weeks. 

After NVC approves you, here are the next steps for Pakistani applicants

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/ISL-Islamabad.html

Edited by DoodBoy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.