atownsen

Need examples of translated documents

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

I need to have several documents translated for an I129f application.

A friend who is a head counselor at a school is willing to translate for me.

I found examples that she needs to provide to state she is fluent in both languages.

But we are not sure how the translation, let's say of a birth certificate should look like.

Does it need to follow the formatting of the original or can it be written line by line?  

ex. if original was formatted with the information horizontally, does the translation need to follow suit?

Nombre: Jose jknmjk         Padre: jkakjd jknmjk

Translation version 1:

Name: Jose  jknmjk           Father: jkakjd jknmjk

or 

Translation version 2

Name:  Jose jknmjk

Father: jkakjd jknmjk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 hours ago, atownsen said:

I need to have several documents translated for an I129f application.

A friend who is a head counselor at a school is willing to translate for me.

I found examples that she needs to provide to state she is fluent in both languages.

But we are not sure how the translation, let's say of a birth certificate should look like.

Does it need to follow the formatting of the original or can it be written line by line?  

ex. if original was formatted with the information horizontally, does the translation need to follow suit?

Nombre: Jose jknmjk         Padre: jkakjd jknmjk

Translation version 1:

Name: Jose  jknmjk           Father: jkakjd jknmjk

or 

Translation version 2

Name:  Jose jknmjk

Father: jkakjd jknmjk

Dude need to be translated by certificate translator or it will be refuse

50 minutes ago, Dreamoflife said:

Dude need to be translated by certificate translator or it will be refuse

That is incorrect. Anyone that is able to translate it from the foreign language to English can do it: https://web.archive.org/web/20190824025502/https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-2061/0-0-0-2253.html

"I certify that I am competent to translate from [Foreign language] to English and that the above Birth Certificate of [Person's name] is a complete and accurate translation to the best of my knowledge and belief."

Sign and date below the statement. Also put name and address.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
7 hours ago, HRQX said:

That is incorrect. Anyone that is able to translate it from the foreign language to English can do it: https://web.archive.org/web/20190824025502/https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-2061/0-0-0-2253.html

"I certify that I am competent to translate from [Foreign language] to English and that the above Birth Certificate of [Person's name] is a complete and accurate translation to the best of my knowledge and belief."

Sign and date below the statement. Also put name and address.

You are right I checked this website 

https://www.state.gov/global-community-liaison-office/naturalization-of-foreign-born-spouses/expeditious-naturalization-application-materials-and-information/

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 10/16/2021 at 8:52 PM, atownsen said:

Please let me know if there is a requirement for formatting.  Does the translation need to look like the original or can it be translated line by line?

Yes it does need to look similar to the document, 

If you are able to translate them you can do it yourself, if not pay for it to a certified interpreter 

And good luck 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.