John & Rose

Philippines lifting some requirements

36 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, VanHalen said:

They will go away, You can take that to the bank

I hope you are right but the people at the Philippine Consulate in Chicago are not as confident as you are.  Only time will tell.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

19 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I hope you are right but the people at the Philippine Consulate in Chicago are not as confident as you are.  Only time will tell.

I see they are opening many places for tourism this month in Philippines, I saw Camigiun Island was opening again.  It will be a matter of time before they open the country for international tourism and things will go back to normal.   Will it be 2022 or 2023 is the bigger question

3 minutes ago, VanHalen said:

I see they are opening many places for tourism this month in Philippines, I saw Camigiun Island was opening again.  It will be a matter of time before they open the country for international tourism and things will go back to normal.   Will it be 2022 or 2023 is the bigger question

There is definitely some good news starting to happen.  Domestic tourism is very slowly coming to life.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

10 hours ago, John & Rose said:

There is definitely some good news starting to happen.  Domestic tourism is very slowly coming to life.  

Even when tourism opens, I still feel alot will depend on what are the internal rules.  Wearing masks indoors and outdoors will scare alot of people away if they are planning to go on a vacation and relax at resort.  If restaurants are still limiting the number of people, stores, etc.  What will testing be like?  Alot of questions besides just opening up.

My closest US friend who lives in the Philippines on an SRRV and left last August 2020, refusing to go back until the mask rules are dropped.  He has been flying in and out of Mexico for the past year.  Last week he flew back into Mexico and his report on Covid rules was the following:  He had to fill out an online form within 12 hours of his flight, took about a minute and nobody collected it on arrival.  No Covid tests required, no health questions, no one took his temperature,  no social distancing requirements.  Also no masks except at the airport.

This is what the Philippines will most likely be competing against as more countries open up, but also drop many of the rules. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

My step daughter landed in Manila yesterday. No Traze app but she did fill out OneHealth. She is vaccinated and they didn’t question her CDC card so 5 days of quarantine. She is having Inasal and Jolibee delivered to the hotel so she is bored but happy. Lol. She said that NAIA seemed organized and arrival to going to the hotel was less than 30 minutes from stepping off the plane to getting in the taxi. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

My step daughter made it through 5 boring days in quarantine.  She probably gained a lot of weight because her boyfriend delivered a lot of food (drop off at desk, desk leaves it outside room).  Swab company said no home quarantine for her so she is out in Metro Manila enjoying family and friends.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.