flicks1998

Passport Slots to Open for rest of the year soon

9 posts in this topic

For those of you who need to renew or get a PI passport, be ready.  The slots go fast.

https://mb.com.ph/2021/10/12/dfa-says-passport-appointment-slots-for-october-to-december-will-open-soon/

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

5 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

For those of you who need to renew or get a PI passport, be ready.  The slots go fast.

https://mb.com.ph/2021/10/12/dfa-says-passport-appointment-slots-for-october-to-december-will-open-soon/

My wife needs to renew her passport in Chicago. It appears there are no appointments available at all.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

2 hours ago, jg121783 said:

My wife needs to renew her passport in Chicago. It appears there are no appointments available at all.

The link I listed should be for the DFA offices in the Philippines. The embassies and consulates around the world may be different. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

15 hours ago, jg121783 said:

If she hasn't already, she should try the online passport appointment tool at 9:00 am every morning, and keep refreshing every 10 minutes. It's worked for several people in groups I follow.

What worked for me personally was checking the appointment tool on weekend mornings. I got an appointment slot on my first try on a Sunday morning. YMMV.

14 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

The link I listed should be for the DFA offices in the Philippines. The embassies and consulates around the world may be different. 

The link had an option to schedule appointments in Chicago but it appears none are available.

1 hour ago, Adventine said:

If she hasn't already, she should try the online passport appointment tool at 9:00 am every morning, and keep refreshing every 10 minutes. It's worked for several people in groups I follow.

What worked for me personally was checking the appointment tool on weekend mornings. I got an appointment slot on my first try on a Sunday morning. YMMV.

Unfortunately we both work at that time so we will have to try on the weekends. My wife will be applying for naturalization soon so I wonder which will take longer. That or getting an appointment to renew her Philippines passport. We would just wait for her naturalization but we are planning on taking a trip to the Philippines next summer (assuming the covid hysteria doesn't get worse).

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

30 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

The link had an option to schedule appointments in Chicago but it appears none are available.

Unfortunately we both work at that time so we will have to try on the weekends. My wife will be applying for naturalization soon so I wonder which will take longer. That or getting an appointment to renew her Philippines passport. We would just wait for her naturalization but we are planning on taking a trip to the Philippines next summer (assuming the covid hysteria doesn't get worse).

You'll want to follow @Adventine advice as well.  We had to schedule an urgent passport appointment last December and it was a nightmare.  We constantly had to check locations as some spots would open up through the day for future dates but disappear so fast.  I get the feeling these fixers are using bots to snag alot of the appointments then sell them off to people who need a passport. 

On 10/13/2021 at 3:49 PM, jg121783 said:

They just opened december this morning, got my wife a Dec 6th slot.  We were just there yesterday for Dual Citizenship.

2 hours ago, jskibo said:

They just opened december this morning, got my wife a Dec 6th slot.  We were just there yesterday for Dual Citizenship.

How long did you wait to hear back from the consulate on the dual citizenship?  We have been waiting 2 months with Houston.

Finally done.

2 hours ago, Talako said:

How long did you wait to hear back from the consulate on the dual citizenship?  We have been waiting 2 months with Houston.

Chicago responded in two weeks to the first request but gave us a date my wife was out of town. Second request took five days for response. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.