elkski

RFE asking for 2 things, new I-864 with complete copy of taxes and her birth certificate,

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

RFE asks 

#1 a new I-864

"We are unable to process the I-864 because it has one or more deficiencies. In order for us to process your application further, you must: Submit a completed and signed Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, from the petitioning sponsor. All pages must be present and of the latest edition date. Provide the petitioning sponsor's Social Security Number on Form I-864. Provide a complete and correctly calculated household size for the petitioning sponsor on Form I-864. Submit a complete copy of the petitioning sponsor’s Federal income tax return, including all supporting tax documents (W-2s, 1099s, Form 2555, and tax schedules) filed with the return, for the most recent tax year."

Is this just a stock reply as our I-864 was signed, has correct SS# ?

From what I can tell there is no new updated form.  We used one expiring in 9/21 it says  to just use this one. 

household size

They want a complete household size. I was a bit confused on this and followed advice given here    using line 8 as 2 of us.  I posted about this before as I had issues with the form download already having the Part 5 line 8 set as 1 and unchangeable.. we hand input a 2 here. IT says to add up all lines 1-7 and line 1 is from line 29 and is for immigrant. line 2 is for me.  If I put a 1 in the line 3 for currently married the total is 3... so the advice I got on here was to leave line 3 blank?  I read about java script issues. 

immigrant's name

I do think I made an error on Part 2 line 1a-1c immigrant's name.. maybe this was an autofill or my old age.  I used my wife's maiden name rather than that on our marriage license. And then I put her married name on mailing address.  Obviously I made a mistake,  I now think it should be her new married name.?

Birth certificate

RFE asks "must submit a copy of their birth certificate issued by the appropriate civil authority in their country of birth. We will only accept a long-form birth certificate which lists at least one parent. If the document is in a foreign language, the applicant must include a full English translation along with a certification from the translator verifying that the translation is complete and accurate, and that they are competent to translate from the foreign language to English. For more information about the acceptable birth certificate for the applicant's country of birth, please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html. Select the applicant's country of birth and review the information under the “Birth, Death, Burial Certificates” section."

I cant find the exact specs of the reciprocity agreement even if I use that url.  We submitted what I think is a long form birth certificate including both parents name,  Also a certified translation. Do I need a letter from this translation company saying they are competent?

Part 6

I seem to have left both item 21 & 22 blank and did not include a name.  21 is people listed in items 8...11.14..17 have completed an I-864

22 is do not need to complete a I-864 because they are the intending immigrant has  no accompanying dependents.

I think I should check 22 and put her name in the line below?

Tax

they request a complete copy of petitioning sponsors Federal tax return for last year.  I guess this is self explanatory.  I submitted a transcript before...  What  does this signify?

Additional questions. 

I didn't put in any sponsors *SCIS online acct.. not sure I had one or not.. is this optional?.  I may have one as  I may have had to register to send in an inquiry as to where the cast status was of our K1 visa interview.  

Part 6 Sponsors employment and income. 

I don't have an employer. I am self employed as a property manager and service guy. I left retired and unemployed blank.. is this correct. 

My income on the tax return met the minimum and my cash assets listed  far exceed 10x the minimum... I didn't even see the need to include Info about the house I  fully own. 

Any suggestions.

20211012_083134.jpg

Edited by elkski

Timeline

on the topic of my tax return for 2020 and proving this years income:  if I am correct the minimum 125% poverty income is 21,775$

I am self employed with rental income and also withdrawal from an investment account that shows up as income. I can print out an up to date investment account statement showing distributions that I control.  Should I include rental contracts?  including letters of rental increases? (not really important for minimum income level) 

I didn't include my home in original I-864 but maybe I should? any input on this.

How do I show its appraised value?  Do I just use this years tax statement which always shows a lower value than zillow or what the market is doing. Although the state has been ramping this up in recent years.  Provide bank loan closed letter ?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

responding in general:

If even one item is wrong or missing, the RFE would be general. So just fill the form properly and provide all related evidences.

for reciprocity:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Thailand.html

household size: 2

Youse your spouse name used on AOS form.

Unless you are using their income, you won't check or list names on 21 and 22.

any income or any assets you list have to be accompanied with the evidences to back them up. As a self employed you have to provide quaterly tax statement or something of this year, look into i864 instructions. Past Withdrawal from investment can't be used as current income unless it's recurring.

You can use your house value as an asset. 

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

thanks for the reply.  Investment income from a rollover IRA can be as reoccurring as we need and it shows up as income in my taxes.   I did include some investment account year end statement and included it on the I864. It far exceeded the 5x minimum income. I didn't think I needed to bother to include the house. I know houses are not considered liquid assets rightly so.   I may include it just so they know more of my  financial standing.

I did do some stupid mistakes it appears. 

Timeline

I did find the reciprocity agreement and it wants a Sutibat. Wife says the original amphor records were destroyed in a fire so this is some type of replacement document.

USCIS also says. 

:If the applicant's birth certificate is not available, they must submit acceptable secondary evidence and an original written statement from the government agency authorized to issue the birth certificate. The letter must indicate the reason the record does not exist and whether similar records for the time and place are available. The letter must contain a legible seal, a legible stamp, or a signature with the title of the issuing official. Examples of acceptable secondary evidence the applicant may submit include, but are not limited to, church or school records listing the applicant's parents’ names and the applicant's date of birth; hospital records of the applicant's birth; or other official records indicating a country and record of birth."

Im not sure what we need.  Ask the translator for a letter saying they are a qualified service?

Wife says her Thai visa  FB group  tells her this is common and what we submitted it fine. 

Also we must complete our resubmittal before Dec 31.. but of course we want to do it pronto.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.