Karu4u

How many tries CFO until success?

72 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, RO_AH said:

Well you basically have 1 choice. Kiss the toes of the CFO. Plead with them. beg them, do whatever it takes. If you need to take a break from thinking about it for a day and come back with a refreshed attitude, do so. It doesn't matter how tired and angry you are it is the best option in front of you.

I'm actually passed the anger etc. 

My fiancee finally stop crying. 

We are getting focused on round 2. 

But don't know what to do. 

That's why I asked here when we can turn in a new try of application? 

1 hour ago, seekingthetruth said:

I just went through all the posts to make sure I did not miss anything.  There are a few key pieces of information that might explain the CFO decision.

1.  She obtained a "visiting family member" Schengen visa.  Which family member is she visiting?

2.  She is 21 now.  How old was she when you met?

3.  Have you ever met in person?

4.  Does she have any previous travel outside of Philippines?

5.  What is her financial status?

If the answer to #3 is no, 99.9% chance she will not be approved by CFO to go to Sweden.

If #3 and #4 are No, highly unlikely she would be allowed to go to Thailand, especially to meet a stranger.  Sorry, but if you have not met in person, you are a stranger.

If the answer to #5 is less than middle class, no visible career and no visible means of income, highly unlikely that she will get a CFO for any travel.

If those are true, the only solution I see is for you to travel to the Philippines and meet her.  Of course, that is almost impossible right now but might clear up soon.

One of the purposes of CFO is to protect poor, pretty, young girls from being trafficked all over the world.  Her parents notarized permission means nothing if they are poor, because they would hope to benefit from the relationship.

If I am incorrect, we would be happy to hear all the details.

1. She obtained a "visiting family member" Schengen visa.  Which family member is she visiting?

Me. Her fiance. 

3.  Have you ever met in person?

No. 

No.

Middleclass 

So we are basically F ed

At least we know 

40 minutes ago, Karu4u said:

1. She obtained a "visiting family member" Schengen visa.  Which family member is she visiting?

Me. Her fiance. 

3.  Have you ever met in person?

No. 

No.

Middleclass 

So we are basically F ed

At least we know 

The CFO end has to be handled on the Philippines side.  If her parents happened to know a connected politician, maybe something can happen.  Otherwise, you need to go meet her.

Edited by seekingthetruth

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

9 minutes ago, seekingthetruth said:

The CFO end has to be handled on the Philippines side.  If her parents happened to know a connected politician, maybe something can happen.  Otherwise, you need to go meet her.

I asked. They are not originally from Manila so they don't seem to know that many who could help. 

Yeah, I want to go there but its impossible right now and most likely for another 2 to 3 years 

21 years old. Have not met in person. Your chances of success with CFO in the current climate is nil.

Finally done...

6 hours ago, Karu4u said:

All I did was ask why they ignore our msg when they promise to get back to is the next day. 

Online marriage is not legal in Sweden. 

Can't you get  Utah Online marriage done, that will let you get into the Philippines.  Once there then get married again if you decide you really want to be married and then your home country would recognize it.   Then you could do a visa petition.

11 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

Can't you get  Utah Online marriage done, that will let you get into the Philippines.  Once there then get married again if you decide you really want to be married and then your home country would recognize it.   Then you could do a visa petition.

I'm swedish citizen so that won't work. 

10 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

I think they will open up for tourism by this time next year.   

I don't think so. We are at 89% vaccinated. Still not open for tourism outside EU/EES

10 hours ago, RO_AH said:

But you need to remember that they hold the key so you need to kiss their rear or you are doomed.  I know that this really sucks but your easiest and fastest route will be to win the hearts of the people at CFO. It's sad that you got stuck with a consular that is such an (don't want to be filtered). Just remember the culture here in the Philippines. The CFO has ALL of the power and they expect to be treated that way and you must kiss up all the way. It does not matter if you were being  "arrogant" and "inpatient" or not. 

100% Agree here.  The Philippines is just a game to be played and the winners learn how to play the game.  Kiss up, promise the world and deliver nothing.  

14 minutes ago, Karu4u said:

I'm swedish citizen so that won't work. 

Why will that not work?  Philippines will recognize a US marriage certificate, or just about any country for that fact. It will get you visa to Philippines by being married to Philippines Citizen and satisfying the requirement of Bureau of Immigration rules.

Just now, Joe Kano said:

Why will that not work?  Philippines will recognize a US marriage certificate, or just about any country for that fact. It will get you visa to Philippines by being married to Philippines Citizen and satisfying the requirement of Bureau of Immigration rules.

Seriously? Sounds weird but Okay. No idea about the rules. I always thought that we needed to be citizens of any of the countries. I'll check it out then

10 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

Is the page down? Or just blocked in my country? Because I can't reach it

43 minutes ago, Karu4u said:

I don't think so. We are at 89% vaccinated. Still not open for tourism outside EU/EES

I have been going to Mexico since June made 3 trips there, They were at 21% vaccine rate back in June.  They are fully open for tourism and never closed, no vaccine needed to enter, No quarantine, no covid test needed to enter, easy peasy.

They are very very similar to the Philippines except Mexico has much better tourist infrastructure in place and you can get a 5 star hotel for 3 star prices.

Lots of the world is open for tourism, and Asia is starting to open slowly and Philippines will join them.   Philippine has adopted the "I am afraid to open the door" and they have decided to curl up in the fetal position and lay in ball on the ground and hope covid goes away.   Soon they will have to realize they will have to deal with it and stop destroying their economy by shutting down.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.