RO_AH

Just Arrived in Manila

38 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, John & Rose said:

How did you answer the OneHealth app?  It only allows your permanent home address to be in the Philippines.  

I put my wife's address

Well I just got released from prison. I am certified covid free! Now time to see my family.

I was tested around 8pm last night and the cashier came to collect the money at around 10pm. I only had USD and they could not accept CC because their machine was not working. They gave me a great "foreigner" exchange rate of 47 PHP to the USD. Oh well, make sure that you pay online in advance.

The results were emailed to me at 7:18am. I called the front desk and they verified that the certificate had been uploaded and I was free to go.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, RO_AH said:

Well I just got released from prison. I am certified covid free! Now time to see my family.

I was tested around 8pm last night and the cashier came to collect the money at around 10pm. I only had USD and they could not accept CC because their machine was not working. They gave me a great "foreigner" exchange rate of 47 PHP to the USD. Oh well, make sure that you pay online in advance.

The results were emailed to me at 7:18am. I called the front desk and they verified that the certificate had been uploaded and I was free to go.

Happy to hear you were released from "prison". During your stay, did any BOQ minders or hotel staff come to check you?

Edited by D Dub718
incorrect grammar

Just an FYI since they changed the quarantine rules on October 8th they are more strict on what proof of vaccine they are accepting. They were accepting the white CDC card before, now they are no longer accepting this as proof of vaccination.  This YouTuber goes over what they are looking to accept, back in the 70's when I was traveling with my parents to visit family in Germany we had to carry our yellow vaccination booklets. This used to be the standard for travel between countries, we just have not used this system in quite some time now.  Unless you are going to a country that requires you to have the yellow fever vaccination.  I would check with your healthcare provider to see if they can provide you with the yellow international vaccine booklet and get that filled out if possible.  Or just be prepared for them to not accept your white CDC card.  If you watch the video a day two before this video you can see a number of people who arrived on October 8th and 9th get their vaccine cards rejected as 'we can't verify if these are real or not.' 

On 10/16/2021 at 12:52 AM, D Dub718 said:

Happy to hear you were released from "prison". During your stay, did any BOQ minders or hotel staff come to check you?

Nothing. All instructions are given on the plane. They tell you to call front desk if you ever start having any symptoms. Whe released from hotel with certificate in hand, the certificate says contact your LGU if you start having symptoms. Supposed to home quarantine once you arrive at your destination. But no check ups or check ins required so that aint happening.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.