elkski

AOS USCIS address used is now wrong but AOS submittal and online acct is correct?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

AOS was received July 29th and a few weeks later we  got the received NOA with the correct  5 digit house number address.

We are lucky the USPS was able to forward us the Biometric interview dates letter as it had 6 digit house number.  We just logged on USCIS yesterday to change our address and noticed we have a RFE for the I-864, IRS form, and Thailand birth certificate. I will post questions I have on those in a  separate thread.

So it says we cant change our address in the profile now with these applications ongoing?  it appeared we must use the online form, however our old address is correct there so I didn't think it was right to input a new same address so I cancelled out of that submittal.  I sent an mail in our USCIS to tell them to fix the error where ever it may be and to send a new copy of all letters.

I guess we lost 2 more weeks of delay since we didn't log in to the USCIS.  kinda sad that the system can operate like this.  I wont speculate to much but perhaps intentional delays are being used.  

Is our online request adequate or what should we do?

Edited by elkski

Timeline

I submitted this online inquiry Friday  evening.. its now Tuesday morning and no reply.  should I just do an address change using the same old and new?  not sure how or if this will fix things.

biometrics appointment is Thursday and  the letter  somehow made it with the extra house digit in the address.  still haven't got the RFE letter .  online RFE letter said if we didn't get the letter by  10/13 to request another letter. 

I wonder if correcting the correct address will fix this issue? and how many days would it take before its active and new FRE letter request will have correct address?

your tax dollars at Work 

Edited by elkski
your tax dollars at Work

Timeline

good news is USCIS did reply to our e mail.   bad news is  they dont understand the system says you cant change your address in your profile for an active application?? JEEZ

"Your USCIS online filing system account has options that you may change and customize at your convenience. By choosing the “Profile” button in your USCIS online filing system account, you may change your Contact Preferences, Mailing Address, and Physical Address."

I did send in an online address form change using same old and new address??  jump doggy... how high master?

Edited by elkski

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.