JojoandTomas

October 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

272 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 11/12/2021 at 11:53 AM, Bittersweetlovee said:

Same here! we still waiting its about to be the 30 days :( I really would like everything could be faster and have the interview on December! I am having a lot of anxiety

Yeah I know you are in the same week of approvals as I am.  Basically when I was 3 weeks out, i started calling twice a week.  Finally someone was able to get me a case number :)  It just took 4 weeks total for that.  I would say this week or next week for sure to get that case #.  Or at least for them to say "we've received your case but it has not been assigned a case #." because then at least you know it is 1-2 weeks for that.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Caboose29 said:

Update:  Got my WRW number last Friday.  My fiancee flew to Moscow last Thursday to do her medical.  She flew home Saturday with results in hand.  I realize that our petition may not ship out until November 23, but I read somewhere today that the electronic version of the application can arrive significantly sooner than the hard copy, and that as long as the hard copy arrives to the consulate before the interview, that they can effectively perform the interim steps, like the IMBRA check.  When I check the WRW number on CEAC it shows as "at NVC", but I'm going to start calling Warsaw embassy this week to see if there's a chance that the electronic version can or will be sent before November 23.  I'm skeptical that if we have to wait until they get the hard copy, AND do necessary checks, that we'll be able to keep the original interview date (Dec 13).  Still I'm always hopeful.  Stay tuned....

Awesome!!!!  I will be curious to hear if the electronic version and hard copy allow for the December 13th interview.  Still on target though :)  

Timeline

Per the DHL tracking hack, it looks like the parcel takes 5 days (including a holiday) to travel to Kyiv.  I will say if it ships with next week's shipment, it will arrive by Monday of the following week.  Only because this shipment from last week departed on a Wednesday and arrived yesterday (Monday).  Since Portsmouth is close to Boston, DHL shows Boston as the origin on the DHL hack.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

Per the DHL tracking hack, it looks like the parcel takes 5 days (including a holiday) to travel to Kyiv.  I will say if it ships with next week's shipment, it will arrive by Monday of the following week.  Only because this shipment from last week departed on a Wednesday and arrived yesterday (Monday).  Since Portsmouth is close to Boston, DHL shows Boston as the origin on the DHL hack.  

What’s the hack??  I’m dying to know. 

12 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

Yeah I know you are in the same week of approvals as I am.  Basically when I was 3 weeks out, i started calling twice a week.  Finally someone was able to get me a case number :)  It just took 4 weeks total for that.  I would say this week or next week for sure to get that case #.  Or at least for them to say "we've received your case but it has not been assigned a case #." because then at least you know it is 1-2 weeks for that.

Yeah well we dont even recieved the notification that they recieved our case. We already writte an email after the 30 days and i just start calling them yesterday but they dont answer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Bittersweetlovee said:

Yeah well we dont even recieved the notification that they recieved our case. We already writte an email after the 30 days and i just start calling them yesterday but they dont answer.

I don’t actually think there is any notification for K-1s when NVC received the case. Those of us who have found out it has been received have found out by calling the number (don’t think email works either). I know many people, myself included, have had success getting through when calling early in the morning. I’ve usually found calling around 7:20 am EST gets me through pretty quickly. Calling right at 7 am though hasn’t been successful for me - seems like their system isn’t up and running yet and I have heard some old recording about inclement weather closings from last February.

Hope you’re able to get through soon! Silver lining is that your case probably has been received already - you just need to call to find out. 

6 minutes ago, lastrose said:

I don’t actually think there is any notification for K-1s when NVC received the case. Those of us who have found out it has been received have found out by calling the number (don’t think email works either). I know many people, myself included, have had success getting through when calling early in the morning. I’ve usually found calling around 7:20 am EST gets me through pretty quickly. Calling right at 7 am though hasn’t been successful for me - seems like their system isn’t up and running yet and I have heard some old recording about inclement weather closings from last February.

Hope you’re able to get through soon! Silver lining is that your case probably has been received already - you just need to call to find out. 

Yeah i think the same about the email. I will try to call tomorrow around that time hopefully this time can go through.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Caboose29 said:

What’s the hack??  I’m dying to know. 

Wow apparently I did not send this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view (same link at the beginning)
The screenshot i show is from this on the document page 6:
image.png.caddd28b17a31871a62d0f2d30d38415.png

Basically in the reference, use EXP (day) (3 letter month) (4 digit year)A for the shippers reference.  What i did is I put EXP 09 NOV 2021A and put the estimated leave dates as 09 - 11 - 2021 to 10-11-2021 and ukraine.  It did not pull up with that so i put EXP 10 NOV 2021A and saw it with those dates.  Again, this was just a shipment to Kyiv and not my particular petition, but it was awesome to see transit dates.  So for next week, query the link on Friday (the 26th) and put EXP 23 NOV 2021A for poland and see if it left then.  If not, then try EXP 24 NOV 2021A for poland with the same dates.  Especially if your case changes to in transit by Friday on CEAC then you can see.  Unless there are alot of cases and they have to split between Tuesday/Wednesday for shipments to Poland, you will only see one for Poland with so many items in it.

Timeline
4 hours ago, misahk said:

Hi. Where can I see how backlogged the embassy is in my country? We received the NOA2 on October 5 and got the case number by calling on November 12 and the rep told me they were just waiting for the embassy in Tokyo to be ready. The status is still "At NVC" today so I am getting a bit anxious...

To be honest, you might want to post in the regional subforum, which I believe is the Asia subforum.  That google drive link I posted above?  If you read this before I do my second reply, the link is in there and i think it is on page 3 or 4.  Somewhere around there at least.  Without looking, I am going off what I remember.  I am going to take a sample of recent timelines though to see what other VJ people in Tokyo have been experiencing and I will reply again.  

Hi. Where can I see how backlogged the embassy is in my country? We received the NOA2 on October 5 and got the case number by calling on November 12 and the rep told me they were just waiting for the embassy in Tokyo to be ready. The status is still "At NVC" today so I am getting a bit anxious...

Hi! We have almost the same NOA2 date, ours was October 6th, our file was forwarded to Tokyo on Oct 26th and we received the P3 Nov 4th. I wonder why yours is still at NVC… it should have been on the same shipment as ours 🤔

Timeline

Yeah to answer your first question, consistently it looks like anywhere from a few weeks to 1 month.  I would examine your Tokyo case # and decode it.  The first 3 letters are the name of the city the embassy is in, the next 4 numbers are the year the NVC created the case, the 3 numbers following are the julian month/day the case was created - 500 and the final 3 numbers are what actual number it was assigned that day, EX mine was in KEV2021813XXX.  I blocked out the last 3 because those are ones you cannot figure out from my timeline.  My case was created in year 2021, day 813-500 = 313 julian month/day (I googled the 2021 julian calendar and found out the exact day) and then the 3 X's are my assembly line number.  So my case was created on 09 NOV 2021.  That might shed more light on when it is sent if it is already past the 1 month of waiting.
Here is the julian calendar:image.png.2dcffc0efd132ac3e5e5a1532239ad9f.png

Timeline

I guess what I am saying @misahk is your petition might have taken the scenic route from CSC to NVC as mine did.  I was approved roughly 1 week after you but NVC created my case almost 1 month later.  If your creation date was not in October, then that might be why you are waiting a bit.  I know last week was a shipping week and this coming week 23rd/24th are shipping days.  Try checking next week Thursday or Friday.  :)  I really believe yours was delayed in creation so this is why it has not been sent.  

Edited by Keithn85

10 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

Yeah to answer your first question, consistently it looks like anywhere from a few weeks to 1 month.  I would examine your Tokyo case # and decode it.  The first 3 letters are the name of the city the embassy is in, the next 4 numbers are the year the NVC created the case, the 3 numbers following are the julian month/day the case was created - 500 and the final 3 numbers are what actual number it was assigned that day, EX mine was in KEV2021813XXX.  I blocked out the last 3 because those are ones you cannot figure out from my timeline.  My case was created in year 2021, day 813-500 = 313 julian month/day (I googled the 2021 julian calendar and found out the exact day) and then the 3 X's are my assembly line number.  So my case was created on 09 NOV 2021.  That might shed more light on when it is sent if it is already past the 1 month of waiting.
Here is the julian calendar:image.png.2dcffc0efd132ac3e5e5a1532239ad9f.png

Thank you for the information! I decoded my case number and it was 312 which means my case was received by NVC on November 8th, if I understood your explanation correctly. I will check the regional forums too!

16 minutes ago, alexmamone said:

Hi! We have almost the same NOA2 date, ours was October 6th, our file was forwarded to Tokyo on Oct 26th and we received the P3 Nov 4th. I wonder why yours is still at NVC… it should have been on the same shipment as ours 🤔

For some reason our case must’ve been left out🥲

Timeline
1 minute ago, misahk said:

Thank you for the information! I decoded my case number and it was 312 which means my case was received by NVC on November 8th, if I understood your explanation correctly.

Actually just focus on this.  Your case was created right before a shipping day so that means it will ship either 23rd/24th of November or in a couple weeks (the 7th/8th of December).  NVC only ships every other week and both of our embassy cases were created the week of shipping, so they are both going to ship to their respective countries either next week or the 2nd week in december.  Hang in there! :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.