JojoandTomas

October 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

272 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Caboose29 said:

I'm soooo excited!!  I feel invigorated having to make plans to get ready for her interview.  After 8 months of watching the "digital" paint dry, anything feels like progress!!!

Yeah we both were talking about this when I was visiting her a couple weeks ago.  And the movement will be crazy compared to the waiting period.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:02 PM, Patou & Kashou said:

Was this before or after completing DS-160?

I can't remember if you have to complete that form before they forward your case?

I waited until my case was actual at the embassy to then start filling out the ds160. And we looked over it sooo many times before finally completing it because then it’s a hassle to get it fixed later on if you make a mistake

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, JojoandTomas said:

I waited until my case was actual at the embassy to then start filling out the ds160. And we looked over it sooo many times before finally completing it because then it’s a hassle to get it fixed later on if you make a mistake

Thank you! I learned that I didn’t get any emails from NVC after our case was in transit so I thought I had to do something. But it was ready when I checked the case status. 

Now, I am chasing a lot of links and forms to schedule the next steps! 

14 minutes ago, Patou & Kashou said:

Thank you! I learned that I didn’t get any emails from NVC after our case was in transit so I thought I had to do something. But it was ready when I checked the case status. 

Now, I am chasing a lot of links and forms to schedule the next steps! 

Remember to also start filling out the Affidavit of Support I-134 and gathering any evidence that you’ll include with it.

Your fiancé will be bringing that to the interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, JojoandTomas said:

Remember to also start filling out the Affidavit of Support I-134 and gathering any evidence that you’ll include with it.

Your fiancé will be bringing that to the interview

Yes, thank you. I do have to gather a bit of information for that. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello. Currently I’m living in Nigeria and my fiancé (the petitioner) is in the U.S. In Nigeria I can’t receive physical mail due to the system here. Which of us will receive the new case number from NVC and how will it be received? Mail or Email? I am registered on CEAC with NVC too. 

My embassy in Nigeria also does not allow us to schedule our own interview appointments....so how will they communicate with me about interview dates when the time comes to be notified for my interview. 

Thank you 

Also my embassy

58 minutes ago, sleem88 said:

Hello. Currently I’m living in Nigeria and my fiancé (the petitioner) is in the U.S. In Nigeria I can’t receive physical mail due to the system here. Which of us will receive the new case number from NVC and how will it be received? Mail or Email? I am registered on CEAC with NVC too. 

My embassy in Nigeria also does not allow us to schedule our own interview appointments....so how will they communicate with me about interview dates when the time comes to be notified for my interview. 

Thank you 

Also my embassy

I don’t know about your interview because every embassy has different ways they are handling that, but nvc will contact you through email not regular mail. If you guys included your email on the original petition , then that is likely where you will receive the email notification from NVC. But you will only receive the email once nvc send your petition to the embassy 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, sleem88 said:

Thank you 

Also my embassy

1 hour ago, sleem88 said:

Hi , please how am I going to receive the packet from nvc ? Is it by email or through post ..

Please try to limit your posting to one thread rather than posting it in multiple places.  I understand this is a stressful process but we all want to contribute to answering and it is easier when it is in one place.  
I would be happy to help, but I do need some additional information.  And it might be good if your petitioner makes an account on here so they can research and ask questions also!  My beneficiary is not on here because we are working together and I told her I would handle everything on the petition side leading up to getting any information for her for the visa interview process.  
Alright so:
-Does your petitioner already have the NOA-2 approval from USCIS?  Your timeline is not filled out so anything I give is an estimate

-If you answered yes to the first question, then have the petitioner call/email the NVC in about 4-6 weeks for a case #.  If the petitioner calls, then they should be able to give the case # out at that point.

-As far as the Nigeria embassy/consulate,  https://ng.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/  This is the Lagos website.  It looks like you schedule it after it shows ready on the CEAC website.  The links at the beginning of this thread show the different websites you need for this part of the process!  Best wishes!

Timeline

So i received the "document" in the mail that my case # shows.  I realized I was incorrect in saying other people will get this notification.  Apparently when I changed my address while the RFE was in the process of being sent to me, they tried sending to my old address and it would not forward to my new one.  I put in my change of address during the time of the RFE but it didnt take at that time.  It took afterwards, but now I have an AR-11, which is funny, to fill out.  I'm going to call after work here in the next 40 minutes so I can get this all sorted.  My NOA-2 came with the correct updated address so I do not think I have anything else to fill out, but it was funny to get the RFE again stapled to an AR-11 and a letter.  The AR-11's title is Alien's change of address card.  So this was definitely not what I thought it was!  But I am still going to call NVC on Wednesday anyways to see if I can get an update on whether they received my case or not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well I managed to get my MOS number today, paid the visa fee and get her ds160 submitted. Even managed to schedule an interview for December. Not sure if everything will be done and ready by then, but I certainly hope so. Having her here by Christmas would be a dream come true. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Caboose29 said:

Well I managed to get my MOS number today, paid the visa fee and get her ds160 submitted. Even managed to schedule an interview for December. Not sure if everything will be done and ready by then, but I certainly hope so. Having her here by Christmas would be a dream come true. 

Congrats! please update your timeline to help others :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. I just found this thread. Going through the thread because I realized it's been a month since our NOA2 (10/01) and I haven't heard anything yet. My fiance received the NOA2 by mail on 10/13 and we haven't heard since. I'm guessing it really does depend where the beneficiary is from. We have a lot of backlog in the Philippines so we are just patiently waiting for when the next update would be. 

K1 Process (536 Days)

• 01/28/2021: I129F Packet Sent - 07/20/2022: Visa On Hand

• 08/12/2022: POE - Dulles

• 09/20/2022: Marriage

AOS (Pending)  EAD & AP (88 Days):

• 09/30/2022: AOS, EAD, AP Packet Sent
  • 01/09/2023: Combo Card on Hand (Expedited)

Complete timeline can be checked on my profile.

Timeline
2 hours ago, SWRP said:

Hi everyone. I just found this thread. Going through the thread because I realized it's been a month since our NOA2 (10/01) and I haven't heard anything yet. My fiance received the NOA2 by mail on 10/13 and we haven't heard since. I'm guessing it really does depend where the beneficiary is from. We have a lot of backlog in the Philippines so we are just patiently waiting for when the next update would be. 

This really does not have much bearing, but I was approved on the 15th of October and I called today to see if my case arrived, but no case number was created yet.  Granted Friday will be 3 weeks since the approval date, so I might have been a little quick to the draw.  But maybe for you, I would contact the NVC so you at least have your Philippines case #.  I know the document that is in the first post of this thread says start calling after 5 weeks for the case #.  That would be my suggestion if you do not have the # yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.