JojoandTomas

October 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

272 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 10/22/2021 at 1:46 PM, lastrose said:

Just finally got approval today so joining this thread! Hope things start to move more quickly from here. 

Check your case status this week.  I know it seems like the NOA-2 was the end of the status but I received a notification this morning that my case status was updated and it ended up being the "document was mailed."  For me this is the shipping to NVC notification.  Then you'll know you should get a case # from NVC assigned in the next week.  This is the week for shipping the next round of NOA-2s as I was approved 2 weeks ago.  2 weeks ago was the previous shipment and nothing left last week.  Again, this is from the service center to the NVC, not post NVC.  Best wishes!  I also realized I combined my post to say I received a notification with the reply to lastrose!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 hours ago, Patou & Kashou said:

Was this before or after completing DS-160?

I can't remember if you have to complete that form before they forward your case?

You can complete your ds160 at anytime,  I filled it,  checked it rechecked it rechecked it more and then submitted when status changed to ready 

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

On 10/21/2021 at 10:38 AM, Vladislav667 said:

Got my Nvc number and invoice id. Right after two weeks of noa2. I was shocked when they told me they have my case lol

How you get the notification? did you call or did they send you a letter??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Bittersweetlovee said:

It can be both. You can call between 7am-midnight, EST or they will send you a notification through email. It would say something along these lines.. 

The National Visa Center sent your K1 visa petition to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in XXXXX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Bittersweetlovee said:

It is always better to call them. Moreover we Russians can’t be notified thru email anyway

Timeline

Btw I got my wrw number and set up interview (dec 15th) and medical (nov 18th) date. I expect our case to be in transit on November 8th but even if NVC won’t send it that day but next shipment day (nov 20ish) it’s still tons be enough time. The reason I do this is that I have to get a Schengen visa in order to go to Warsaw and to get to Warsaw I need to go thru Greece. So it’s just a crazy amount of money to spend if u do this not in advance. 

Timeline
On 10/18/2021 at 9:52 PM, Keithn85 said:

All settled in and put in the inquiry for the email addresses to be updated.  Not sure if it will work in time but it is definitely worth a shot!  I saw on NVC's site that it shows about a month to respond to inquiries and a few days to assign a case #.  I will call NVC in a couple weeks to get the Kyiv case #.

I just did the same this morning.  I know they're busy, I'd just like to be able to track the application asap.  Looks like "Poland here we come".

Timeline
1 hour ago, Caboose29 said:

Just joined this group. Got my NOA2 Oct 14. Haven’t heard anything from NVC yet. I assume I can call them now. 

I think you missed the delivery date also.  Check your WAC case status and see if it shows "document mailed."  If it does and has a date before this week, then you should be able to call them and get a case #.  I think yeah it's been taking a week or so after they receive it to create the case #.  For me, i will call them this coming Wednesday as I received my notification that my petition was mailed on the 27th.  (again, it said document mailed and I already received my NOA-2 in the mail from the 15th approval)

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

I think you missed the delivery date also.  Check your WAC case status and see if it shows "document mailed."  If it does and has a date before this week, then you should be able to call them and get a case #.  I think yeah it's been taking a week or so after they receive it to create the case #.  For me, i will call them this coming Wednesday as I received my notification that my petition was mailed on the 27th.  (again, it said document mailed and I already received my NOA-2 in the mail from the 15th approval)

Apparently I was off a day. My approval date was Oct 15, not 14.  Case Tracker app still shows it approved.  Nothing mentioned about being mailed. 😔😔

1 hour ago, Caboose29 said:

Just joined this group. Got my NOA2 Oct 14. Haven’t heard anything from NVC yet. I assume I can call them now. 

Mine was Oct. 12 and i havent heard from them yet either. We are going to wait till next week that be the 15 business days if not we will call to check.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

everyones mileage will vary, does not seem like a hard and fast rule. My NOA2 was on 9/8 and it did not make it to the NVC till 10/14 and even then it took them a week to give me a case number but then within a day or so it was at the embassy and ready for interview.

So do not read too much on timelines because everyone will have a different experience, Do pester them every other day for your case number so at the least you can start on your DS160 because if your country is not backlogged you will be staring down a couple of weeks turn around.

cheers

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Also joining this journey for now :).

NOA2 Feburary 26th, so guess around November 10th should be fine to check. Anybody knows if the I-134 is still good to go, even if its expired :)?

- K-1 Visa Journey - 

Spoiler

02/12/2021 - Filed Petition

02/19/2021 - Received Date NOA1

03/19/2021 - Received NOA1 Letter

10/14/2021 - Sent Case Inquiry
10/26/2021 - Received NOA2
11/12/2021 - Case created NVC
11/23/2021 - Case left NVC

11/26/2021 - Consulate Received

12/04/2021 - Received Paket 3 (Instruction)

12/21/2021 - Sent Paket 3

01/07/2022 - Medical Exam

01/24/2022 - Interview Date

01/24/2022 - Approved

- AOS Journey - 

Spoiler

05/03/2022 - Filed Petition

05/12/2022 - NOA1

05/19/2022 - RFE

06/06/2022 - Biometrics

Timeline
11 minutes ago, thekevkev said:

Also joining this journey for now :).

NOA2 Feburary 26th, so guess around November 10th should be fine to check. Anybody knows if the I-134 is still good to go, even if its expired :)?

Yeah it says it on the site but I am using that edition as long as it shows the 2019 edition.  And i say it says it on the site but you have to check under some menu.  I explored all the options under that form so that is why I saw it a few times.  Rock'n'Roll with it!  and Congrats on the approval!

Timeline

I'm soooo excited!!  I feel invigorated having to make plans to get ready for her interview.  After 8 months of watching the "digital" paint dry, anything feels like progress!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.