JojoandTomas

October 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

272 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Rman616 said:

Hey Keith, Congrats man on all the progress. I received my NOA2 on 10/28/21 and its been almost 4 weeks now, I haven't even called NVC yet because i've been beyond busy with work. I have some time now because of the holiday this week and was wondering just simply what do i ask them exactly? Also my attorney said we can technically fill out the ds-160 immediately and get that going. My fiancee is in Ecuador, not sure what the current wait times there are but hopefully we can get an interview by february fingers crossed. Do you think i should also fill out the online request thing for an update on NVC? Any information to guide me along in my current point in the process is appreciated, thanks.

Have your WAC # if you went through CSC for the petition approval, your DoB, the beneficiary's DoB and then when they ask for why you are calling, let them know you want to see if your 129F petition was received by the NVC.  Yours might be there and assigned a case already, but start calling from this week and you should get a case # in the next couple of weeks. 

As far as the Ecuador embassy, I am not sure of their status, but I know someone can probably speak to it.  You might want to check the local area link for Ecuador.  I can do some research tonight after work to see, but currently I am only able to answer on breaks which are short so not long enough to research.  As @Bittersweetlovee said, ensure the email is updated while you are on the phone with NVC, even if they dont provide a case # the first time you call.  Email for both you and the beneficiary.  If it will be difficult to spell over the phone, put in the online request.  You can see an example of it in that drive PDF link on the very first post.

Edited by Keithn85
Page 1 was confusing. I removed it from the last sentence

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Zoozoo said:

Do you know if NVC can accept expedite for k1 visa

The only way to put in a request for a K1 expedite is to contact your embassy by email and request the expedite this way.  You would need to provide a reason and supporting evidence in order to do this.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Zoozoo said:

Do you know if NVC can accept expedite for k1 visa

I say the above because the embassy requests the petition from NVC so if you expedite with the embassy and they approve it, they will request your petition from NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Rman616 said:

Hey Keith, Congrats man on all the progress. I received my NOA2 on 10/28/21 and its been almost 4 weeks now, I haven't even called NVC yet because i've been beyond busy with work. I have some time now because of the holiday this week and was wondering just simply what do i ask them exactly? Also my attorney said we can technically fill out the ds-160 immediately and get that going. My fiancee is in Ecuador, not sure what the current wait times there are but hopefully we can get an interview by february fingers crossed. Do you think i should also fill out the online request thing for an update on NVC? Any information to guide me along in my current point in the process is appreciated, thanks.

I would definitely call them.  Ask them if they've received the petition.  If so, ask if they can provide you your embasssy specific ID number.  I would also fill out the online update request.  There's no downside to doing that.  When you submit your DS160, you can also pay the visa fee.  That should grant you access to the interview scheduling calendar.  You can get an idea of what's available, and how soon you might be able to interview.

Timeline

So apparently we made the 11/23 shipping date!  I checked CEAC this morning.  It shows "in transit", even got an email just like Keith did.  It was addressed to my fiancee, but sent to me and my IL.  So it looks like a 12/13 interview date may still be possible.  My fiancee changed it to 12/22, but says there are still slots available for 12/13.  She's applied for her Schengen visa to cover both dates.  I'll be checking DHL later this week to see when it arrives in Warsaw.

For those of you wondering about your status, I encourage you to call, either NVC, or your embassy.  Don't endure the unnecessary stress of "not knowing".

Timeline
3 hours ago, Caboose29 said:

So apparently we made the 11/23 shipping date!  I checked CEAC this morning.  It shows "in transit", even got an email just like Keith did.  It was addressed to my fiancee, but sent to me and my IL.  So it looks like a 12/13 interview date may still be possible.  My fiancee changed it to 12/22, but says there are still slots available for 12/13.  She's applied for her Schengen visa to cover both dates.  I'll be checking DHL later this week to see when it arrives in Warsaw.

For those of you wondering about your status, I encourage you to call, either NVC, or your embassy.  Don't endure the unnecessary stress of "not knowing".

Fully agreed and awesome!!  Looking forward to seeing the progress!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Ok guys so i just got off the phone with NVC and they gave me the case number which starts with 3 letters and then a 10 digit number. On ceac case status update nothing shows up however, is that normal? So the lady said the case hasnt been sent to the embassy yet and that they will send me an email when they do. But that basically my case is at NVC awaiting to be sent to Guayaquil Ecuador, I got a hold of a live person with in like 5 min though. So that was pretty quick but now im just going to finish the ds-160 and go from there, is there anything else you guys think im missing? Thanks for the responses Keith and Caboose 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Rman616 said:

Ok guys so i just got off the phone with NVC and they gave me the case number which starts with 3 letters and then a 10 digit number. On ceac case status update nothing shows up however, is that normal? So the lady said the case hasnt been sent to the embassy yet and that they will send me an email when they do. But that basically my case is at NVC awaiting to be sent to Guayaquil Ecuador, I got a hold of a live person with in like 5 min though. So that was pretty quick but now im just going to finish the ds-160 and go from there, is there anything else you guys think im missing? Thanks for the responses Keith and Caboose 

It seems strange that nothing shows up.  I think it's possible 1) You mistyped the number (unlikely), 2) They gave you the wrong number, 3) The number hasn't had time to propagate into the system to show up yet?  Regardless, you should see the message "At NVC" in the popup window.  It will stay like that until it's sent to the embassy.  If you don't see it in the status tracker page by the end of the day tomorrow, I'd call them again on Friday to double check the number.  Filling out the DS-160 now is a great idea, maybe even pay the $265 visa fee.  Once you do that, you or your beneficiary can create an account and see the scheduling calendar.  At least that's my understanding of how it works.  Probably wouldn't hurt to go ahead and fill out an I-134 as well.  It will be needed for the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Caboose29 said:

It seems strange that nothing shows up.  I think it's possible 1) You mistyped the number (unlikely), 2) They gave you the wrong number, 3) The number hasn't had time to propagate into the system to show up yet?  Regardless, you should see the message "At NVC" in the popup window.  It will stay like that until it's sent to the embassy.  If you don't see it in the status tracker page by the end of the day tomorrow, I'd call them again on Friday to double check the number.  Filling out the DS-160 now is a great idea, maybe even pay the $265 visa fee.  Once you do that, you or your beneficiary can create an account and see the scheduling calendar.  At least that's my understanding of how it works.  Probably wouldn't hurt to go ahead and fill out an I-134 as well.  It will be needed for the interview.

Yea Im going to call again tomorrow to clarify to see if i have the right number, i even doubled back with her to make sure. But she could have had it wrong i suppose. and yea im just finishing the ds-160 right now, my fiancee went to bed and she has the rest of the info i need to finish it but other than that i just want to take care of this last part of it so that we're ready to go. I'll keep posting updates.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rman616 said:

Also, just checked again now and i checked immigrant visa as opposed to Non immigrant and it popped up now as "At NVC" so thats good news

Minor, but critical detail I left out.  Yes, in this situation, you need to selection IV instead of Non IV.  Glad to hear you can at least see it now!!

Timeline

Worked on the DS-160 with her before work earlier.  That was fun.  I think there might be one part where I was confused a bit, but it was at the point where it said "is there anyone traveling with you" and I had her put her son for it.  But i also know she will fill out another DS-160 for him.  I figured that at least sets the stage for his DS-160 and won't really hurt to have it in there.  It was fun to have her go through all the security questions though (it was easy but explaining what the security question meant as in some of the paramilitary and other questions alike) but we made it.  We should be able to submit it before the end of the week and then get the receipt for the bank payment.  This way like @Caboose29 mentioned, we can start checking the interview slots for when we get the green light.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.