JojoandTomas

October 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

272 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Depends on your embassy

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Timeline

Between NOA2 and being rcvd at NVC it took them over a month and half for me

Once it showed at nvc from there barely a week to in transit and a couple of hours to ready.

Have you recieved your ISL number and invoice Id from NVC?

• March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)

2 minutes ago, mitzab said:

Between NOA2 and being rcvd at NVC it took them over a month and half for me

Once it showed at nvc from there barely a week to in transit and a couple of hours to ready.

Have you recieved your ISL number and invoice Id from NVC?

Omggg are you k1 Pakistan too? This is so nice to know someone from that embassy too since I feel like other embassies are so much faster besides Pakistan. My case was sent to NVC in October I think because I never received anything from NVC till I called them in October that is how I got my ISL number. But as of today I have not heard anything back 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Zoozoo said:

Omggg are you k1 Pakistan too? This is so nice to know someone from that embassy too since I feel like other embassies are so much faster besides Pakistan. My case was sent to NVC in October I think because I never received anything from NVC till I called them in October that is how I got my ISL number. But as of today I have not heard anything back 

Did you check your case status on ceac? 

It still shows at NVC?

Pakistan is actually super quick these days 🇵🇰 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Zoozoo said:

Wait I have to create an account? I do check it at NVC status but I don’t know what is ceac? Can you please tell me how to check the status there? 

Sent you a msg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I normally try not to log on here unless I see something I can answer in this thread in the mornings, but I had to log and write this.  I received the NVC email that stated the petition was requested by Kiev Embassy.  The email is addressed to Anna but still, it is exciting!  I will say something to anyone still waiting (or maybe something good to put in any latter posts) I would definitely put in the email request with NVC to update both the petitioner and the beneficiary's emails.  It might not work for the beneficiary (as it did not for her as far as I know yet) but I received correspondences every since I did that.  I put in the request the following week after I returned from Ukraine (which was the week after my NOA-2 was approved).  It was not touched until a couple weeks ago so it took basically a month but I have been receiving emails since then.  This might help for those who are waiting for their case to move from NVC to the embassy.  Again, it takes about a month for them to fulfill.  And the instructions are in the link inside of the first post on the 3rd page i think of the PDF.  So I will update my timeline when the petition departs NVC and arrives to Ukraine.  I say Ukraine because I realize I spell it differently than NVC and the english spelling is so for me it is easier to say the country on here.  

Stay positive everyone!  Especially if you have your case # and are waiting (which here in October NVC group I hope you do) because if you have your specific embassy case, you are over that hurdle and your petition is in line for the embassy to request it.  If you do not have your case # yet, call NVC (i called i think the nonimmigrant line but it does not matter) and ask to see if NVC received it yet.  Again, this is kind of the same process of when you call USCIS except not as long hold times.  Call either sometime between 8:00am and 10:00am Eastern Standard or anytime between 18:00 (6pm) and 21:00 (9pm) Eastern Standard for evening hours.  The one day I was off work, I called at 7am central standard and when i would call in evenings, it was between 17:00 (5pm) and 19:00(7pm) Central Standard and my wait time at most was 10 minutes (morning and evening).  If you run into any roadblocks, note exactly what the script says (i think there is that one guy who recorded the entire script.  Once his script is completed, it might say something about pressing a number to continue (might be 1) but then there are a couple other scripts about agents being busy or something.  Just stay on the line and you will be connected with someone.  Again, give them 15-20 minutes at least if not longer to pick up but you should get someone sooner than you would get with USCIS.  Best wishes everyone!

Timeline

As an amendment to my previous post, Anna received the email, or at least it was sent to her.  So yes, the email update request to NVC works.  It just at this moment takes about a month from the request to fulfillment.  

5 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

I normally try not to log on here unless I see something I can answer in this thread in the mornings, but I had to log and write this.  I received the NVC email that stated the petition was requested by Kiev Embassy.  The email is addressed to Anna but still, it is exciting!  I will say something to anyone still waiting (or maybe something good to put in any latter posts) I would definitely put in the email request with NVC to update both the petitioner and the beneficiary's emails.  It might not work for the beneficiary (as it did not for her as far as I know yet) but I received correspondences every since I did that.  I put in the request the following week after I returned from Ukraine (which was the week after my NOA-2 was approved).  It was not touched until a couple weeks ago so it took basically a month but I have been receiving emails since then.  This might help for those who are waiting for their case to move from NVC to the embassy.  Again, it takes about a month for them to fulfill.  And the instructions are in the link inside of the first post on the 3rd page i think of the PDF.  So I will update my timeline when the petition departs NVC and arrives to Ukraine.  I say Ukraine because I realize I spell it differently than NVC and the english spelling is so for me it is easier to say the country on here.  

Stay positive everyone!  Especially if you have your case # and are waiting (which here in October NVC group I hope you do) because if you have your specific embassy case, you are over that hurdle and your petition is in line for the embassy to request it.  If you do not have your case # yet, call NVC (i called i think the nonimmigrant line but it does not matter) and ask to see if NVC received it yet.  Again, this is kind of the same process of when you call USCIS except not as long hold times.  Call either sometime between 8:00am and 10:00am Eastern Standard or anytime between 18:00 (6pm) and 21:00 (9pm) Eastern Standard for evening hours.  The one day I was off work, I called at 7am central standard and when i would call in evenings, it was between 17:00 (5pm) and 19:00(7pm) Central Standard and my wait time at most was 10 minutes (morning and evening).  If you run into any roadblocks, note exactly what the script says (i think there is that one guy who recorded the entire script.  Once his script is completed, it might say something about pressing a number to continue (might be 1) but then there are a couple other scripts about agents being busy or something.  Just stay on the line and you will be connected with someone.  Again, give them 15-20 minutes at least if not longer to pick up but you should get someone sooner than you would get with USCIS.  Best wishes everyone!

How many day should I wait after NOA2 until I can call nvc for case number ?

19 minutes ago, Lena1 said:

If you recieved a letter they said to wait untill 30 days for contact NVC but you can call before i think some people here start doing it after 2 weeks. Best time to call is in the morning or night time. For me was better at night around 8:00pm.

Also when you call ask them for your case number, the invoice number and be sure they have the beneficiary's email because in my case i update both emails and when i called they said they dont have mine (beneficiary). So it is important because from now the information will be send it to the Beneficiary. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lena1 said:

I started calling 2 weeks after the NOA-2 but in reality they assigned my case # after 3 weeks.  I would start calling 3 weeks after you receive your NOA-2.  Maybe call once or twice a week (I was calling on a Wednesday and Friday or trying to do this) until they provide you the case #.

29 minutes ago, Bittersweetlovee said:

If you recieved a letter they said to wait untill 30 days for contact NVC but you can call before i think some people here start doing it after 2 weeks. Best time to call is in the morning or night time. For me was better at night around 8:00pm.

Also when you call ask them for your case number, the invoice number and be sure they have the beneficiary's email because in my case i update both emails and when i called they said they dont have mine (beneficiary). So it is important because from now the information will be send it to the Beneficiary. 

I never even thought about updating the email.  Nice!  I always did it through the form and it took usually a month.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hey Keith, Congrats man on all the progress. I received my NOA2 on 10/28/21 and its been almost 4 weeks now, I haven't even called NVC yet because i've been beyond busy with work. I have some time now because of the holiday this week and was wondering just simply what do i ask them exactly? Also my attorney said we can technically fill out the ds-160 immediately and get that going. My fiancee is in Ecuador, not sure what the current wait times there are but hopefully we can get an interview by february fingers crossed. Do you think i should also fill out the online request thing for an update on NVC? Any information to guide me along in my current point in the process is appreciated, thanks.

1 hour ago, Keithn85 said:

Congrats!!! those are really good news 😃

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.