TomoMontenegro

USCIS Immigrant Fee ( Green Card)

14 posts in this topic

hello , so today i recived Visa and a letter about USCIS immigration fee , i read the letter and  said to pay the fee now or after we Travel To United state ,also in letter is saying its much better to pay immigratio  fee befor to enter in USA , im asking what is difference to pay fees now and after enter tu USA ? 

Edited by TomoMontenegro

17 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

The sooner you pay, the quicker you'll get your GC

yeah logically , but im planing to travel 1 novembar 2021 ,   if i pay today  and when i enter to USA , what if im refused , in offical site of NVC says this ::

,___________________________

"Issuance of a visa does not guarantee entry to the United States. A visa simply indicates that a U.S. consular officer at an American embassy or consulate has reviewed the application and that officer has determined that the individual is eligible to enter the country for a specific purpose."

35 minutes ago, TomoMontenegro said:

yeah logically , but im planing to travel 1 novembar 2021 ,   if i pay today  and when i enter to USA , what if im refused , in offical site of NVC says this ::

,___________________________

"Issuance of a visa does not guarantee entry to the United States. A visa simply indicates that a U.S. consular officer at an American embassy or consulate has reviewed the application and that officer has determined that the individual is eligible to enter the country for a specific purpose."

If you have an immigrant visa the chances of you being refused entry are almost zero, the only case I heard about for that is someone who had a criminal record that somehow hadn’t been “cleared” for the entry packet (and he was allowed in later after getting some documentation from the consulate). But if you’re that worried about being allowed in, pay after you enter 🤷‍♀️ As long as it’s pretty soon after you enter it shouldn’t delay your card processing.

Edited by SusieQQQ

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

If you have an immigrant visa the chances of you being refused entry are almost zero, the only case I heard about for that is someone who had a criminal record that somehow hadn’t been “cleared” for the entry packet (and he was allowed in later after getting some documentation from the consulate). But if you’re that worried about being allowed in, pay after you enter 🤷‍♀️ As long as it’s pretty soon after you enter it shouldn’t delay your card processing.

first thanks for reply  Susie , our crime records are 100% clear , just worried bcs my parent not speaking english , and we had  all  family covid19 , and we are not vaccinated , we will do PCR Test , but im scared that we dont have Vaccine 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
3 minutes ago, TomoMontenegro said:

i dont know , maybe my parents not speking english at all

People with immigration visas do not get deny entry for not speaking English.  

If it makes you feel better to pay the fees after they enter the US, then do that.  Know that paying after they enter means delaying getting their plastic green cards.  Meanwhile, their immigration visas upon entry and stamping will serve as temporary 1 year green cards.  

30 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

People with immigration visas do not get deny entry for not speaking English.  

If it makes you feel better to pay the fees after they enter the US, then do that.  Know that paying after they enter means delaying getting their plastic green cards.  Meanwhile, their immigration visas upon entry and stamping will serve as temporary 1 year green cards.  

thanks  ,no im better feeling to pay befor enter to US ,  so our visas have 1 year temp valid GC? and what does mean that wich our visas expires 21/Dec/2021 what after expiration would be? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, TomoMontenegro said:

thanks  ,no im better feeling to pay befor enter to US ,  so our visas have 1 year temp valid GC? and what does mean that wich our visas expires 21/Dec/2021 what after expiration would be? 

Once a person enters the US with an immigrant visa and CBP endorses that visa, it becomes a temporary green card that is good for 1 year from the date of entry.  The visa expiration date is for when to use it - and has nothing to do with the 1 year validity as a green card.  

So a person who enters with an immigrant visa on 10/01/2021 will get an endorsement and the visa becomes a 1 year green card expiring 10/1/2022.  The visa expiration date will not matter. 

1 hour ago, TomoMontenegro said:

i dont know , maybe my parents not speking english at all

Since when is English a prerequisite for entering the US? Jeez, you went through all the checks etc before you got the visa. If you were nit going to be allowed in they would just have not issued your visas.

31 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Once a person enters the US with an immigrant visa and CBP endorses that visa, it becomes a temporary green card that is good for 1 year from the date of entry.  The visa expiration date is for when to use it - and has nothing to do with the 1 year validity as a green card.  

So a person who enters with an immigrant visa on 10/01/2021 will get an endorsement and the visa becomes a 1 year green card expiring 10/1/2022.  The visa expiration date will not matter. 

last question  , do im able to work with temporary  GC?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TomoMontenegro said:

Yes, you can work as soon as your immigrant visa is endorsed.

You will need to get your Social Security Number in order for your employer to report your pay to the IRS.

2 hours ago, TomoMontenegro said:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/temporary-i-551-stamps-and-mrivs

A machine-readable immigrant visa (MRIV) usually has the following text on it: “UPON ENDORSEMENT SERVES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR.” When a new immigrant first enters the U.S., U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will stamp the passport with an admission stamp that indicates the immigrant has permanent resident status and has the date the new immigrant entered the U.S. The employee’s foreign passport with the MRIV is evidence the employee has permanent residence status for 1 year from the date of admission.

Immigrant_Visa_CBP_endorsement.jpg

Also an example of working before receiving SSN:

https://www.e-verify.gov/faq/my-employee-applied-for-a-social-security-number-ssn-but-has-not-yet-received-it-what-should-i

My employee applied for a Social Security number (SSN) but has not yet received it. What should I do?

A case cannot be created in E-Verify without an SSN. If a newly hired employee has applied for, but has not yet received his or her SSN (e.g., the employee is a newly arrived immigrant), attach an explanation to the employee’s Form I-9 and set it aside. Then create a case in E-Verify using the employee’s SSN as soon as it is available. If you are unable to create a case by the third business day after the employee’s first day of employment, select Awaiting Social Security number when prompted by E-Verify.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.