Sal11

Parents US visitors visa

52 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, I want to apply for my parents to visit USA. Working on checklist at the moment? Can someone pls share it. 

also, my brother is gonna support them. 
(Do they need to carry my, my siblings and my brothers birth certificates to prove the relationship?) 

also, if they need to carry their marriage documents too? 

im not sure. 
thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, Sal11 said:

Hi, I want to apply for my parents to visit USA. Working on checklist at the moment? Can someone pls share it. There are no checklists.  Your parents apply, not you.

also, my brother is gonna support them.   No, not a thing for B visas.
(Do they need to carry my, my siblings and my brothers birth certificates to prove the relationship?)   Nope.  That is not a thing.

also, if they need to carry their marriage documents too? No.  Why would they?  People who hope to travel for VACATION to the US do not normally carry vital records.  If they do, it is a red flag, and for good reason.  

If your parents are truly traveling as visitors, why would they bring such documents?  If you want them to live here, petition them for visas properly.

im not sure. 
thanks in advance 

It is taking nearly a year to get a B visa appointment at the consulates in Pakistan.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
18 hours ago, Sal11 said:

Hi, I want to apply for my parents to visit USA. Working on checklist at the moment? Can someone pls share it. 

also, my brother is gonna support them. 
(Do they need to carry my, my siblings and my brothers birth certificates to prove the relationship?) 

also, if they need to carry their marriage documents too? 

im not sure. 
thanks in advance 

You can follow this website it has complete detail how you can sponsor your parents visitor visa with sample letter I did  the same for my parents few years back and they both got the visa 

https://www.path2usa.com/visitor-visa

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

58 minutes ago, Capital Z said:

You can follow this website it has complete detail how you can sponsor your parents visitor visa with sample letter I did  the same for my parents few years back and they both got the visa 

That is not a department of state website.  There is no sponsorship for tourist visas.

Applicants must qualify for the visa on their own, based on their ties to home.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

That is not a department of state website.  There is no sponsorship for tourist visas.

Applicants must qualify for the visa on their own, based on their ties to home.

I never said it's a department of state website I used this website to sponsor my parents and they got the visa. Obviously they have to prove their ties by showing property papers and I on the other hand provided a letter that I'll be financing their whole trip and they both got the visa 

36 minutes ago, Capital Z said:

I never said it's a department of state website I used this website to sponsor my parents and they got the visa. Obviously they have to prove their ties by showing property papers and I on the other hand provided a letter that I'll be financing their whole trip and they both got the visa 

Correlation is not causation.

you filled out a form, your parents got a visa. You have no way of knowing if your form made the slightest bit of difference. Chances are it did not, in fact. Their ties to their home country would have been the most important factor according to the official website.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Capital Z said:

This Rumor Just does not die, you cant sponsor for a visitors visa. Just because you live in the US does not mean, you can sponsor a visitors visa. Not with all the money in the world.

Timeline
1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

Correlation is not causation.

you filled out a form, your parents got a visa. You have no way of knowing if your form made the slightest bit of difference. Chances are it did not, in fact. Their ties to their home country would have been the most important factor according to the official website.

I never mentioned that my form or what ever was mentioned in it had influenced the decision of the visa officer in any way. I am stating my experience that they both got the visa that's why I also mentioned they had to take their property papers and my letter of financing their whole trip with them at the time of interview. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Calicolom said:

This Rumor Just does not die, you cant sponsor for a visitors visa. Just because you live in the US does not mean, you can sponsor a visitors visa. Not with all the money in the world.

Did I mention that because I live in US I can sponsor stop twisting the context of my reply.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Invitation letter and sponsorship letters are not considered by CO for US visitors visa.

----

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

"Note: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa."

3 hours ago, nastra30 said:

Invitation letter and sponsorship letters are not considered by CO for US visitors visa.

----

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

"Note: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa."

You bring what you need to bring to support your case

Every Embassy or Consulate has their own rules or guidelines they follow

Timeline
45 minutes ago, LU SEE FURR said:

You bring what you need to bring to support your case - as long as it proves strong ties to their home country.

Every Embassy or Consulate has their own rules or guidelines they follow - Every embassy or consulates rules or guidelines must still fall within the State Department rules and guidelines.

Timeline
1 minute ago, LU SEE FURR said:

The CO at the embassy will iterperet the rules and guidelines, they have the final decision

Of cause they will. That's why letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support has no impact on visitor's visa because they'll interpret the law correctly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.