JISnJRS

Annulments process in the Philippines

7 posts in this topic

It took 3 years to get the Annulment thru the local court district, from there it was sent to the Solgens office in Manila. The Solgen official signed off on it also..hooya hooya, BUT we were told it needs to go back the local court and after that to the Solgens office AGAIN!

We both have no clue why it needs to back to both offices after it was already signed off of.

Please help!

pic2_2022.jpg.c44bdafe791ace24f3ee1b38379ac5ab.jpg

13 hours ago, Luk Dit Mo said:

It took 3 years to get the Annulment thru the local court district, from there it was sent to the Solgens office in Manila. The Solgen official signed off on it also..hooya hooya, BUT we were told it needs to go back the local court and after that to the Solgens office AGAIN!

We both have no clue why it needs to back to both offices after it was already signed off of.

Please help!

update....

I just found out that a letter was sent to the "long lost" husband here in the states. The letter was returned to the Solgen, explaining they could not find the  "long Lost". In time the paperwork is going to be sent back to the locality, for the finalization of singleness...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When my ladies annulment was processed - it was explained to us that the SOLGEN  review in Manilla was a 60 period where the high court is given an opportunity to review the decision for irregularities and if they respond positively (agree with the decision) or do not respond  within 60 days it is returned to the local court for final adjudication.  In our case ours went in early July and after the mandatory review period of 60 days the local court finally issued the certificate of final nullity in mid September

7 hours ago, Pack88 said:

When my ladies annulment was processed - it was explained to us that the SOLGEN  review in Manilla was a 60 period where the high court is given an opportunity to review the decision for irregularities and if they respond positively (agree with the decision) or do not respond  within 60 days it is returned to the local court for final adjudication.  In our case ours went in early July and after the mandatory review period of 60 days the local court finally issued the certificate of final nullity in mid September

very good to hear, thanks so much for letting me know with whats going.. BTW, we're neighbors.. Spring Hill here, Lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Luk Dit Mo said:

very good to hear, thanks so much for letting me know with whats going.. BTW, we're neighbors.. Spring Hill here, Lol

As someone who was often frustrated by the synchronized swimming approach to judicial actions in the Philippines I am enclosing a link so you can see what you need to do to speedily get your Cen Omar annotated on your ladies official record! 

When you mentioned a 3 year struggle with the Annulment I know when you get it I hope you consider getting married and going thye CR-1 route.  If I knew the,  what I know now I would have made a visit somewhere close and gotten married and then filed that route.  It has been more than a year and most likely  will be another year before I get my lady here and CR-1's if your case is clean seem to only take 12-13 months just like before Covid!  Anyway, Good luck 

Pack88

20 minutes ago, Pack88 said:

As someone who was often frustrated by the synchronized swimming approach to judicial actions in the Philippines I am enclosing a link so you can see what you need to do to speedily get your Cen Omar annotated on your ladies official record! 

When you mentioned a 3 year struggle with the Annulment I know when you get it I hope you consider getting married and going thye CR-1 route.  If I knew the,  what I know now I would have made a visit somewhere close and gotten married and then filed that route.  It has been more than a year and most likely  will be another year before I get my lady here and CR-1's if your case is clean seem to only take 12-13 months just like before Covid!  Anyway, Good luck 

Pack88

We are definitely going the CR-1 route

Edited by Luk Dit Mo
spelling

• 10 months later...
On 10/1/2021 at 8:48 PM, Luk Dit Mo said:

Please help!

I finally got back from the Philippines in early July-early August, we've finally got married! Now on with the "spousal visa" It's going to be sent soon to the USCIS..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.