Isabelle&Edward

K1 Visa Denied / Experience of a Bride

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good morning, everyone would like information to help a girl who is going through the K1 process and is desperate Here in Brazil people are going to the interview pending a medical examination due to the large amount of delay that was due to the pandemic, what happens and that here in Brazil we have the possibility of going to the interview before taking the exams and medical consultation, or there are those who get a date and go to the consultation first and then the interview. the point is that there was a girl that the interview was all right, it was approved and the consul said that now it was just a matter of waiting for the medical exam to arrive at the consulate, that is, she did the exam and consultation doctor on september 6th her interview was on the 16th and the exams only arrived at the consulate on september 23 everything was fine but yesterday she informed that she received a letter at home along with the passport communicating that her visa had been denied. she has never done anything illegal in the US according to her and she also has a tourist visa and is still active. so I came here to make this report for q can you tell me if this has ever happened to anyone and if there is a solution

Was there form letter with the returned passport?  What was checked?

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline

The girl in question took all the right documentation for an interview, the consulate kept her passport and yesterday she received a letter only saying that the k1 cyst had been denied along with her passport. the letter only said that it had been denied and that she was ineligible we are all in the group trying to help her she has already sent an e-mail no one else responds and does not explain why

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Isabelle&Edward said:

Good morning, everyone would like information to help a girl who is going through the K1 process and is desperate Here in Brazil people are going to the interview pending a medical examination due to the large amount of delay that was due to the pandemic, what happens and that here in Brazil we have the possibility of going to the interview before taking the exams and medical consultation, or there are those who get a date and go to the consultation first and then the interview. the point is that there was a girl that the interview was all right, it was approved and the consul said that now it was just a matter of waiting for the medical exam to arrive at the consulate, that is, she did the exam and consultation doctor on september 6th her interview was on the 16th and the exams only arrived at the consulate on september 23 everything was fine but yesterday she informed that she received a letter at home along with the passport communicating that her visa had been denied. she has never done anything illegal in the US according to her and she also has a tourist visa and is still active. so I came here to make this report for q can you tell me if this has ever happened to anyone and if there is a solution

We need to see exactly what the letter says.  Thanks.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Isabelle&Edward said:

The girl in question took all the right documentation for an interview, the consulate kept her passport and yesterday she received a letter only saying that the k1 cyst had been denied along with her passport. the letter only said that it had been denied and that she was ineligible we are all in the group trying to help her she has already sent an e-mail no one else responds and does not explain why

It is difficult to chart a course of action without knowing the reason for denial. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

We need to see exactly what the letter says.  Thanks.

I translate the letter because as and from Brazil it is in Portuguese as an attachment, I will send the letter

Dear (Removed) Your visa has been denied pursuant to section 221(g) of the Immigration Act and Nationali also constitutes a refusal for ESTA application purposes (see ES page Please check the information below regarding your process : Your case is in administrative proceeding The Consulate will notify you when 7 Your petition will be sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Service office (US For information on the status of your petition, contact Na https:// /travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/(603) 334-0700.Dear XX Your visa has been denied pursuant to section 221(g) of the Immigration Act and Nationali also constitutes a refusal for ESTA application purposes (see ES page Please check the information below regarding your process : Your case is in administrative proceeding The Consulate will notify you when 7 Your petition will be sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Service office (US For information on the status of your petition, contact Na https:// /travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/(603) 334-0700.

Edited by milimelo
Personal info removed in second part.

*** One post edited to remove personal info. Please  do not post content with personal names, addresses, or case numbers on this public forum.

Thank you for understanding,

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Isabelle&Edward said:

I translate the letter because as and from Brazil it is in Portuguese as an attachment, I will send the letter

Dear (Removed) Your visa has been denied pursuant to section 221(g) of the Immigration Act

Your case is in administrative proceeding

What was the date of the letter?

The interview was on September 16.  The medical result arrived on September 23.  Possibly the letter was sent before the medical arrived. 

Edited by Mike E

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Mike E said:

What was the date of the letter?

The interview was on September 16.  The medical result arrived on September 23.  Possibly the letter was sent before the medical arrived. 

I don't know exactly what date came on the letter but she received the letter and passport yesterday

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Isabelle&Edward said:

I don't know exactly what date came on the letter but she received the letter and passport yesterday

Typically letters from the US government have a date on them.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sounds like the denial letter stated that the petition was sent back to USCIS where it will die.  There is no appeal for a K-1 denial.  I recommend that the USC fiancé/fiancée go to Brazil and marry your friend there.  There are lots of documents and translations required but it can be done (I did it).  Then the USC returns to the US with the marriage certificate and files an I-130 petition for a spousal visa with supporting evidence and documents.  While waiting the 1-2 years it will take to get a spousal visa, the USC should visit Brazil multiple times to spend time with your friend and save all the evidence of those trips (original boarding passes, passport stamps, hotel receipts, a few photos), and submit that additional evidence at the NVC stage of the process.  Your friend should also try to get a copy of the K-1 visa medical results, because you said the visa interview went well and she got a verbal approval pending a review of the medical.  If there were problems with the medical, those need to be resolved prior to the CR-1 visa interview medical or it could be denied as well for the same reason.  That's my advice if they want to be together in the US.  Another option is the Brazilian spousal visa, which only takes a few months.  Then they could live together in Brazil.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Without more information this becomes an exercise in guesswork which isn’t beneficial to al parties. Reasons could be literally 1001.

My advice is she doesn’t try to use the B visa for some time. Chances are very high a zealous immigration officer at the airport refuses her entry, cancels it and returns her to Brazil expeditiously.

Sorry.

Edited by African Zealot

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Does sound like it has been sent back, they returned the passport.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
12 hours ago, Isabelle&Edward said:

I sorry to hear this happening to her. My fiance and i are currently waiting on a decision after interview.  He was told to bring his passport and passport pic back to embassy after his medical results were ready for him and his two year old son. He sent everything back in about three weeks ago and still no updates. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.