GreenDoggie

No detail given on Misrepresentation 212(a)(6)(C)(I) on the refusal letter

90 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Ife2020 said:

She didn’t file I-130…she filed k-1…which is why they’re saying there’s misrepresentation. Saying the kid is the stepchild makes it look like they’re married.

Aye, it has to be "legally true".

I typically would call my father's long term, domestic partner my "stepmother" but legally she wasn't and still isn't that (funnily enough they've now been together at least 10 years longer than his first marriage to my mother). But I'm not a "legal stepson" nor is she a "legal stepmother" even though we interact as such.

If you think your house is red and the entire country thinks your house is red but it is legally green, then you have to report it as green no matter how silly it sounds to one's self (or friends etc).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Ife2020 said:

How can your fiancé’ be the stepfather if you’re not married? That does sound like misrepresentation, or atleast where the disconnect is.

Both cannot be true.  Therefore at least one is misrepresentation.  

Also, possible consulate shopping.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 hours ago, GreenDoggie said:

Yes. Please tell me. 

https://www.shusterman.com/usimmigrationattorneycarlshusterman/

Lawyer used was, 
(removed)

Edited by Ontarkie
personal information removed

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Both cannot be true.  Therefore at least one is misrepresentation.  

Also, possible consulate shopping.  

OP has said she was married and hence the stepdaughter petition by then USC husband. That was long time ago, probably divorced later.

This current USC fiance seems to be different than her ex USC husband. Anyway, OP putting her immigration history in piecemeal isn't helping but creating even more confusion.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Ife2020 said:

She didn’t file I-130…she filed k-1…which is why they’re saying there’s misrepresentation. Saying the kid is the stepchild makes it look like they’re married.

The i130 clarification on having option to check stepdaughter was regarding the i130 petition by her then husband (likely ex husband now) for her daughter long time ago.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Why is this so convoluted??  Oh, a lawyer did it.  Now it all makes sense.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
13 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Why is this so convoluted??  Oh, a lawyer did it.  Now it all makes sense.

Actually the person I feel sorry for is the Lawyer trying to work through all this, hopefully being paid by the hour.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, GreenDoggie said:

Could "another agency" mean a CO from another consulate? My K-1 visa interview was in Tokyo, Japan, but there was another interview for my daughter (and my US citizen husband's stepdaughter) in Shanghai, China. 

Here's why I ask: When I got married, my spouse tried to get my daughter US citizenship, since she is formally his stepdaughter. This was in Shanghai, China. It was such a long time ago, that I don't remember what form we filed. I-130, probably. During the interview-somewhere around 30-40 minutes into it-the CO who was interviewing us sounded out of touch and we were wondering if there was a misunderstanding somewhere. 

The CO started talking like she was the biological daughter. We corrected him-WE brought up that she's the stepdaughter, not the biological daughter! We were like "how come you didn't know? We gave you the birth certificate and it had the name of a different person!" 

I forgot who told us this, but he said that we checked off the box on the form-whichever one that was-as "daughter." My husband, when filling out the form, was thinking, "Yes, she's my daughter" as he checked off that box. There was no box on that question where he can mark "stepdaughter."

Fast forward to MY K-1 visa interview: The CO asked about this. We told him that there was nowhere to check "stepdaughter", so we checked off "daughter." We sent a copy of the birth certificate that had someone else's name as the father. We brought up the fact that she was the stepdaughter during the interview to the CO, evidence that we weren't hiding anything. 

When I told this to my lawyer, she said that we're not in the wrong and the misrepresentation is NOT about this. 

However, if "another agency" can mean a CO from another embassy, I'm not so sure. 

No, and if you were in a K1 visa process, your daughter was not yet HIS stepdaughter.  Words mean things.  Read them carefully, interpret literally (as opposed to in a way convenient to your agenda) and answer accurately.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

13 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

No, and if you were in a K1 visa process, your daughter was not yet HIS stepdaughter.  Words mean things.  Read them carefully, interpret literally (as opposed to in a way convenient to your agenda) and answer accurately.

She's talking about a previous petition and her now former husband. 

2 hours ago, pushbrk said:

@GreenDoggie are you currently married to the petitioner? 

Has a petition been filed for you previously or is this the first time you've applied for a K1 or CR1/IR1 visa? 

16 hours ago, Kor2USA said:

The i130 has a spot to check stepchild/ stepparent (Part 1 Relationship).

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 23.09.10.png

If this is what it looks like IF I filed a I-130, then I'm in the wrong.

However, I don't remember what form I filed. Is there a way to find out from the embassy? If I can, then it'll answer my question. 

9 hours ago, pushbrk said:

I made a mistake earlier. Mine is a IR-1 visa. NOT a K-1.

I'm such an idiot to make this huge of a mistake that mislead people trying to help. My apologies. 

When you said "no." Do you mean, "No, a CO from another consulate DOES NOT mean 'another agency'".

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 minutes ago, GreenDoggie said:

I'm such an idiot to make this huge of a mistake that mislead people trying to help. My apologies. 

When you said "no." Do you mean, "No, a CO from another consulate DOES NOT mean 'another agency'".

Yes, that's what I mean by "no".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

13 minutes ago, GreenDoggie said:

If you still want members to help, maybe open another thread with correct/accurate information and more details, as this one is an unintelligible huge mess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.