AbdulAhad

How to get a High School student visa?

62 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, AbdulAhad said:

So I need to finish college education at minimum to get accepted as an immigrant?

If not doing it through family, yes. AND you would need a company to sponsor you. You can’t just do it yourself. 

I am thinking you maybe need to look at Canada as an option where it is a lot easier than the U

s to get permanent residence if you have a college education  (but not at your current age)

6 hours ago, AbdulAhad said:

Hey, thank you for the quick reply, So private high school is gonna be a good option? Any good school recommendations in Chicago, because my mom's friend lives there, forgot to mention sorry, he's gonna cover all my expenses, and yes I want to move there forever, and not an exchange progam, so I should get started pretty quickly, thank you for all the advice!

Sorry, but student visas are nonimmigrant visas.  It is very unlikely you will get one.

5 hours ago, AbdulAhad said:

Does my cousin count? She has a green card, Sorry if I've wasted all your guys' time, I just wanted to I guess "immigrate" to the US, I didn't the right words maybe, my cousin said you could get a student visa to come over to here.

Nope, no path through a cousin.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Basic ways to live in the US permanently 

Family based   being petitioned but a parent, sibling, spouse or child or being a child of someone getting a visa through this route. 

Work based     Being educated in an area where there is a shortage of US workers and finding a company that will sponsor you.  This usually takes at least a 4 year degree , mostly in STEM fields 

DV lottery.   Being an adult and meeting country of origin and educational requirements then entering a lottery for a chance to apply for a green card. People can apply every year but the chances of being chosen at random are slim 

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

You can get a student visa. A student visa is not immigrating. As we said before, your famiky would need to be able to pay for you to go to private school for a student visa to finish high school.  When you finished high school, if you wanted to stay for University you would need another student visa and more $$$. After your studies are finished, you would need to go home unless you found someone to sponsor you for a work visa - not at all guaranteed. 

So could I go that path to start it off, to convert my visa into a work visa with a college degree earned inside the US? If it's not guranteed it should be worth a shot right?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
7 minutes ago, AbdulAhad said:

So could I go that path to start it off, to convert my visa into a work visa with a college degree earned inside the US? If it's not guranteed it should be worth a shot right?

There is no converting from a student visa to a work visa.  That's not how US immigration works.  

Some international students will find QUALIFIED US employers who can seek work visas for them.  These work visas has nothing with earning a degree in the US.  It has to do with them qualifying for the job and the US employer being able to get them work visas.  

Studying in the US is VERY EXPENSIVE.  You have ignored all my questions on whether your family has the money to attend school in the US.

I am trying to help you by giving you the honest truth.  Unfortunately, the dream to immigrate to America is not possible for many people.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, aaron2020 said:

There is no converting from a student visa to a work visa.  That's not how US immigration works.  

Some international students will find QUALIFIED US employers who can seek work visas for them.  These work visas has nothing with earning a degree in the US.  It has to do with them qualifying for the job and the US employer being able to get them work visas.  

Studying in the US is VERY EXPENSIVE.  You have ignored all my questions on whether your family has the money to attend school in the US.

I am trying to help you by giving you the honest truth.  Unfortunately, the dream to immigrate to America is not possible for many people.  

Oh it wasn't on purpose and no none of my ACTUAL family has the money, the only source of money is getting sponsored by the friend, who my mom suggested. And I did look up that you can do that, and Ik it has nothing to do with a US degree, but if I do earn a degree in the US, I should be able to possibly get an employer to get me a work visa right?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AbdulAhad said:

Oh it wasn't on purpose and no none of my ACTUAL family has the money, the only source of money is getting sponsored by the friend, who my mom suggested. And I did look up that you can do that, and Ik it has nothing to do with a US degree, but if I do earn a degree in the US, I should be able to possibly get an employer to get me a work visa right?

Yes, that is possible.  However, it's going to be impossible for you to convince the US Embassy that your mom's friend will give you $100,000 to study in the US in order to get a visa. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Yes, that is possible.  However, it's going to be impossible for you to convince the US Embassy that your mom's friend will give you $100,000 to study in the US in order to get a visa. 

So literally impossible? There is no way to make him my legal guardian for the next 3 years and live with him? Alright, if that doesn't work, should I be able to go with a college visa in the next few years?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, AbdulAhad said:

So literally impossible? There is no way to make him my legal guardian for the next 3 years and live with him? Alright, if that doesn't work, should I be able to go with a college visa in the next few years?

Him being your legal guardian would not entitle you to come and live and go to high school in the US.  Him being your legal guardian can't get you a US visa.  If it was this easy, then every immigrant in the US would bring their nephews and nieces to the US for high school by becoming their legal guardians.

If you have the money for a US college, then you can certainly try.  How are you going to do this without money?  A generous friend of your mom giving you $100,000 to go to a US college seems hard to believe.  Do you realize that a single year of international student tuition at the University of California (a public university) is $40,000 a year?

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline
5 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Him being your legal guardian would not entitle you to come and live and go to high school in the US.  Him being your guardian can't get you a US visa.  If it was this easy, then every immigrant in the US would bring their nephews and nieces to the US for high school by becoming their legal guardians.

If you have the money for a US college, then you can certainly try.  How are you going to do this without money?  A generous friend of your mom giving you $100,000 to go to a US college seems hard to believe.  Do you realize that a single year of international student tuition at the University of California (a public university) is $40,000 a year?

I mean, so there's no point of trying if he does actually agree to pay, the us embassy will still never allow it even after proof he will in fact pay for it?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AbdulAhad said:

I mean, so there's no point of trying if he does actually agree to pay, the us embassy will still never allow it even after proof he will in fact pay for it?

It will be hard for you to convince the US Embassy that your mom's friend would give you $100,000 to go to school in the US.  Not impossible, but extremely hard.  

The US Embassy is going to presume that your mom's friend is loaning you the money or that your relationship is too distant to believe a friend would give that much money to another friend.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline
1 minute ago, aaron2020 said:

It will be hard for you to convince the US Embassy that your mom's friend would give you $100,000 to go to school in the US.  Not impossible, but extremely hard.  

Well it's worth a shot, I'll see what I can do, he agreed to cover my college expenses.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
12 hours ago, Coco8 said:

As a minor you cannot do anything. You are a minor. 

Maybe get your mom to marry that rich friend and then he can get both of you green cards.  😂

Please read the TOS of VJ. You are not allowed to advice on how to commit fraud.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.