AbdulAhad

How to get a High School student visa?

62 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, AbdulAhad said:

Well it's worth a shot, I'll see what I can do, he agreed to cover my college expenses.

And if he is prepared to provide proof of that with his bank statement details to the US embassy where you apply for a student visa then you have a chance to get the visa. You still have to show the embassy you plan to return home after finishing your studies, because a student visa is a non immigrant visa. 

Here are some links for you to read and understand 

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students/get-started/kindergarten-to-grade-12-students

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/study/student-visa.html

note this bit extracted below and assume that you will be asked for what is required in the “additional documentation” section 

Gather Required Documentation

Gather and prepare the following required documents before your visa interview:

• Passport valid for travel to the United States – Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the United States (unless exempt by country-specific agreements). Each individual who needs a visa must submit a separate application, including any family members listed in your passport.
  • Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page.
  • Application fee payment receipt, if you are required to pay before your interview.
  • Photo – You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. If the photo upload fails, you must bring one printed photo in the format explained in the Photograph Requirements
  • Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status-For Academic and Language Students, Form I-20 or Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (M-1) Student Status for Vocational Students, Form I-20 – Your school will send you a Form I-20 once they have entered your information in the SEVIS database. You and your school official must sign the Form I-20.  All students must be registered in the Student and Exchange Visitor System (SEVIS). Your spouse and/or minor children, if they intend live in the United States with you, will each receive an individual Form I-20.

Additional Documentation May Be Required

A consular officer will interview you to determine your qualifications for a student visa, and may request additional documents, such as evidence of:

• Your academic preparation, such as:
    • Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools you attended; and
    • Standardized test scores required by your U.S. school;
  • Your intent to depart the United States upon completion of the course of study; and
  • How you will pay all educational, living and travel costs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Not sure why you are not understanding that you have no path to the US. 

None.

There will be no convincing the consulate that a "family friend:  will hand over at least 100k for your education. Do you even have any idea how much 100k usd is? It is equivalent to 16955000.00 Pakistani rupee.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
38 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

And if he is prepared to provide proof of that with his bank statement details to the US embassy where you apply for a student visa then you have a chance to get the visa. You still have to show the embassy you plan to return home after finishing your studies, because a student visa is a non immigrant visa. 

Here are some links for you to read and understand 

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students/get-started/kindergarten-to-grade-12-students

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/study/student-visa.html

note this bit extracted below and assume that you will be asked for what is required in the “additional documentation” section 

Gather Required Documentation

Gather and prepare the following required documents before your visa interview:

• Passport valid for travel to the United States – Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the United States (unless exempt by country-specific agreements). Each individual who needs a visa must submit a separate application, including any family members listed in your passport.
  • Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page.
  • Application fee payment receipt, if you are required to pay before your interview.
  • Photo – You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. If the photo upload fails, you must bring one printed photo in the format explained in the Photograph Requirements
  • Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status-For Academic and Language Students, Form I-20 or Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (M-1) Student Status for Vocational Students, Form I-20 – Your school will send you a Form I-20 once they have entered your information in the SEVIS database. You and your school official must sign the Form I-20.  All students must be registered in the Student and Exchange Visitor System (SEVIS). Your spouse and/or minor children, if they intend live in the United States with you, will each receive an individual Form I-20.

Additional Documentation May Be Required

A consular officer will interview you to determine your qualifications for a student visa, and may request additional documents, such as evidence of:

• Your academic preparation, such as:
    • Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools you attended; and
    • Standardized test scores required by your U.S. school;
  • Your intent to depart the United States upon completion of the course of study; and
  • How you will pay all educational, living and travel costs

Yeah yeah I saw all the proceses, and Ik this is most likely going to be unsucessful, but who knows it might work out and if it does, it'll be great, since I'm currently in a third world country.

Edited by AbdulAhad

Start with finding a school and get the DS2019 so you can apply for a visa.  School starts in 11 months!

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AbdulAhad now tell me the truth,  your true identity  etc etc,not many pakistanis high school students  qualify  for student visa, and embassy  people will ask you first thing ,whats wrong with pakistani  high schools,i know  many pakistani families send there children to pakistan for early studies even to medical schools ,because  its very cheap as compare to USA,  so i am sorry to say your whole story just don't cut  it 😉 cheers

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

@AbdulAhad - As many others have mentioned, there may not be a direct path to move to the US for you at the moment. Doesn't mean there isn't any path at all. You may just have to re think the time line a little.

The fact that you are 15 and have this as a goal is the very thing in your favor. You could definitely try leveraging the family friend and seeing if you can move to the US for high school. OR you could make it your goal to get to a great college for undergrad/masters. If you select the right field of study and work hard on your grades and extra curricular activities, you could make a path to study at world class university completely on your own - there are plenty of scholarships available to deserving students and as a F1 holder in college you can do limited on campus work (TA etc.). With a good university and a scholarship in hand, the process to get a F1 visa is much smoother. 

I know of friends whose family moved to the US when they were in high school. I moved while in college. From all the conversations I have gathered that the adjustment is much harder when you move during high school vs. college as you need to mature and get used to the cultural differences and so do your peers. The debt/cost that you incur will be significantly lower and the value that you get will be much higher. If working in the US is your goal, the timeline on when you can start working won't change in either case as without a college degree in an in demand field (think STEM, Business etc.) a company won't be able to sponsor you for a H1B.

My suggestion - for the next few years focus on the university you eventually want to study in and the field you want to make your career in. Start looking into the admissions process and build an impressive resume so universities are falling over themselves to give you a full ride. All the best!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
26 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Have you missed the point of an anonymous forum?

No i just  want him to save his money and all other pains come with visa processing, travelling, boarding  and lodging  at very young age keeping in mind covid and other restrictions. And i don't  think he is a kid the way he write,but i could be wrong but chances of that  is very low 😆🤣lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My first thought is to spend the money on a University course, but if money is no object then why not go for High School as well.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

8 hours ago, Pupmom said:

I know of friends whose family moved to the US when they were in high school. I moved while in college. From all the conversations I have gathered that the adjustment is much harder when you move during high school vs. college as you need to mature and get used to the cultural differences and so do your peers.

OP has no family path to immigrate.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

OP has no family path to immigrate.

I didn’t say they had a family path. All I meant was I know of people who moved from the sub continent during high school and some who moved in college. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 hours ago, Pupmom said:

@AbdulAhad - As many others have mentioned, there may not be a direct path to move to the US for you at the moment. Doesn't mean there isn't any path at all. You may just have to re think the time line a little.

The fact that you are 15 and have this as a goal is the very thing in your favor. You could definitely try leveraging the family friend and seeing if you can move to the US for high school. OR you could make it your goal to get to a great college for undergrad/masters. If you select the right field of study and work hard on your grades and extra curricular activities, you could make a path to study at world class university completely on your own - there are plenty of scholarships available to deserving students and as a F1 holder in college you can do limited on campus work (TA etc.). With a good university and a scholarship in hand, the process to get a F1 visa is much smoother. 

I know of friends whose family moved to the US when they were in high school. I moved while in college. From all the conversations I have gathered that the adjustment is much harder when you move during high school vs. college as you need to mature and get used to the cultural differences and so do your peers. The debt/cost that you incur will be significantly lower and the value that you get will be much higher. If working in the US is your goal, the timeline on when you can start working won't change in either case as without a college degree in an in demand field (think STEM, Business etc.) a company won't be able to sponsor you for a H1B.

My suggestion - for the next few years focus on the university you eventually want to study in and the field you want to make your career in. Start looking into the admissions process and build an impressive resume so universities are falling over themselves to give you a full ride. All the best!

16 hours ago, Boiler said:

My first thought is to spend the money on a University course, but if money is no object then why not go for High School as well.

Aight we'll see, thank you for all the responses, if I can't go in high school, I might try to go through college, thank you all so much, I'll let you all know when the process starts!

Edited by AbdulAhad

On 9/28/2021 at 3:21 PM, Pupmom said:

I know of friends whose family moved to the US when they were in high school.

Most of those cases were family sponsorships (not applicable to the OP), or job related (such as H1B, L1, etc).  In both situations, the children are derivatives.

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Growing up our family  hosted international high school exchange students for a semester or a year,  Denmark, India, Guatemala, Sri Lanka, Columbia, Spain.  Programs do exist if he wanted to do it the right way.   But he has clearly said he intends to immigrate so the US is no longer an option.  College exchange abroad are the same - my mom went to Barcelona for a year and my ex wife to England for a semester.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.