jg121783

"This Is Completely Avoidable" - New York Hospitals Prepare For Staffing Crisis As Vaccination Mandate Forces Mass Firings

26 posts in this topic

Timeline
On 9/27/2021 at 3:53 PM, jg121783 said:

Silence from the people who were saying the number of healthcare workers refusing the vaccine is insignificant.

Tons and TONS of crickets around here lately from a particular group.  Perhaps they all took vacation.

A year ago, your wife was likely lauded a heroine, and my hat's off to her and countless hundreds of thousands like her who worked to help sick people.  They did it with little regard to their own lives, and now that they are being threatened with losing their jobs for doing THE SAME THING they were doing a year ago, I say let 'em fire those who choose medical freedom over blatant attempted tyranny.  Let those who think they are above the law force these mandates, and then let them see just how far down into an abyss they will be sucked before the trend is reversed.

Also, tell your wife that I appreciate all that she has done for her fellow humans.  It's a thankless job 7 days a week.

10 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Umm, the link you posted clearly labeled it a survey, and I believe there was only 301 respondents out of something like 600k practicing physicians in the US.  The stats as to extrapolating this survey to the entire population is thin, but they do have some pretty charts and graphs.

Here is my post that explains the methodology and even includes some of my math (since checked by the mathematician I keep chained up at home) why a survey of 301 physicians can have a confidence level of about 95% from a universe of 240,000 (the AMA membership). 

4 hours ago, jg121783 said:

Not sure if she is referring to the specific story I posted or if that is a general statement but there seems to be a misconception that the amount of healthcare workers refusing the vaccine is insignificant or that it is just "support staff" and not people who treat patients. From what I have seen from where my wife works and articles from all around the country this is simply not the case over all.

In my mom's practice every member of staff directly employed is vaccinated; I do not think there is a mandate for the outside contractors (cleaning staff, people who do repairs). What helped the holdouts move to vaccination was sitting down and talking to them about why the vaccines work, while also listening to concerns with sensitivity. That there is a great deal of trust from top to bottom and back up again surely helped. 

I'm sorry your wife has chosen to leave her job but that is her choice, of course. Jobs can always impose conditions of employment and if we cannot meet them as employees then we need to move on. My mom's practice was ready to let people go and made that clear it was a last resort. It didn't get there. Now they have a policy of only hiring people who are vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, LIBrty4all said:

Tons and TONS of crickets around here lately from a particular group.  Perhaps they all took vacation.

A year ago, your wife was likely lauded a heroine, and my hat's off to her and countless hundreds of thousands like her who worked to help sick people.  They did it with little regard to their own lives, and now that they are being threatened with losing their jobs for doing THE SAME THING they were doing a year ago, I say let 'em fire those who choose medical freedom over blatant attempted tyranny.  Let those who think they are above the law force these mandates, and then let them see just how far down into an abyss they will be sucked before the trend is reversed.

Sorry, I have a job and am working on a very large project which doesn't allow a lot of time for posting. (I am on a very late lunch break!) I don't know who you are saying is above the law. From my discussions with lawyers where I work, the mandates are almost certainly constitutional. (If you spend enough time with lawyers, you learn that everything is a gradation of "almost certainly" and "very likely" and never "yes".)

Also, I am still waiting to know where in the TOS it is required that everyone respond to everything, or respond on demand! :D 

Edited by laylalex

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

Here is my post that explains the methodology and even includes some of my math (since checked by the mathematician I keep chained up at home) why a survey of 301 physicians can have a confidence level of about 95% from a universe of 240,000 (the AMA membership). 

In my mom's practice every member of staff directly employed is vaccinated; I do not think there is a mandate for the outside contractors (cleaning staff, people who do repairs). What helped the holdouts move to vaccination was sitting down and talking to them about why the vaccines work, while also listening to concerns with sensitivity. That there is a great deal of trust from top to bottom and back up again surely helped. 

I'm sorry your wife has chosen to leave her job but that is her choice, of course. Jobs can always impose conditions of employment and if we cannot meet them as employees then we need to move on. My mom's practice was ready to let people go and made that clear it was a last resort. It didn't get there. Now they have a policy of only hiring people who are vaccinated. 

Sorry, I have a job and am working on a very large project which doesn't allow a lot of time for posting. (I am on a very late lunch break!) I don't know who you are saying is above the law. From my discussions with lawyers where I work, the mandates are almost certainly constitutional. (If you spend enough time with lawyers, you learn that everything is a gradation of "almost certainly" and "very likely" and never "yes".)

Also, I am still waiting to know where in the TOS it is required that everyone respond to everything, or respond on demand! :D 

Still does not change the fact that it is simply a survey that relies on self reporting.  The big assumption is that the 300 respondents are first telling the truth, and secondly that it represents the entire community.  It is sort like saying the NAACP represents all blacks, or the AARP represents all seniors.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, jg121783 said:

She has chosen to leave her job (as have many of her coworkers) IF they mandate the vaccine which they have yet to do because they know they will be severely understaffed. They have made it clear to the employees they know they cannot mandate it because of the staffing shortage it will cause. This is a state run facility by the way so maybe there is some loophole to Biden's pending mandate. Anything could happen and we are prepared for my wife to lose her job (they will have to fire her by the way as she refuses to resign). However it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon. Our state may have some left wingers in charge. But unlike NY and other states they aren't radicalized and understand the consequences of their actions. Should they choose to ignore the consequences and mandate the vaccine I feel sorry for the veterans my wife cares for who already don't get the level of care they deserve.

Can't the vaccinated still spread the virus supposedly? Seems like weekly testing should be sufficient, unlike the military that affects combat readiness 

13 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Can't the vaccinated still spread the virus supposedly? Seems like weekly testing should be sufficient, unlike the military that affects combat readiness 

My wife thinks it is meant to punish people who don't get the vaccine. In my wife's case she has an hour drive one way to work usually on her day off unpaid to get tested.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
2 hours ago, laylalex said:

DO stop trying to make everything about you.  It's not.  You are FAR from the only liberal-leaning poster here.

Edited by LIBrty4all

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, laylalex said:

responses on demand is only available for those who have the platinum plan

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
8 hours ago, laylalex said:

(If you spend enough time with lawyers, you learn that everything is a gradation of "almost certainly" and "very likely" and never "yes".)

Uh, actually, one learns that one's life savings goes to pay said lawyers. :P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

48 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

My mom learned the best plan was to marry one. :D She still makes more than he does (she says).

6 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

To quote one of Georgia's finest Lewis Grizzard 

Next time I decide to get married I will find a woman I already hate and buy her a house