jg121783

"This Is Completely Avoidable" - New York Hospitals Prepare For Staffing Crisis As Vaccination Mandate Forces Mass Firings

26 posts in this topic

But I thought it was just a small fringe group of healthcare workers refusing the shot and the effects would be inconsequential (according to some people here). I should also note they are actually discussing in NY replacing healthcare workers who refuse the shot with foreigners or national guard.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/completely-avoidable-new-york-hospitals-prepare-staffing-crisis-vaccination-mandate-forces

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, jg121783 said:

Silence from the people who were saying the number of healthcare workers refusing the vaccine is insignificant.

Who said that?

5 hours ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

Who said that?

Yeah, I don't remember anyone saying that. I definitely didn't say that. I did say that the number of physicians who have been vaccinated is (according to an AMA study from this summer) about 96%. Presumably that number is even higher now. The uptake among non-physician healthcare workers is significantly lower. 

This quote is interesting:

According to Mark Levine, chair of the New York City Council's health committee, most of the unvaccinated hospital workers at city hospitals were nonclinical staff members. 

https://gothamist.com/news/5000-nyc-public-hospital-workers-were-unvaccinated-ahead-mandate-deadline

So these aren't people who are providing medical care to patients, but they are in settings in which patients could be exposed to them. 

7 hours ago, laylalex said:

Yeah, I don't remember anyone saying that. I definitely didn't say that. I did say that the number of physicians who have been vaccinated is (according to an AMA study from this summer) about 96%. Presumably that number is even higher now. The uptake among non-physician healthcare workers is significantly lower. 

https://gothamist.com/news/5000-nyc-public-hospital-workers-were-unvaccinated-ahead-mandate-deadline

So these aren't people who are providing medical care to patients, but they are in settings in which patients could be exposed to them. 

This may or may not be the case in NYC but my wife is a health care worker (who directly provides care to people) and she is ready to leave her job if they mandate the vaccine. Many of her coworkers (including many of the nurses my wife has talked to) are also ready to leave their jobs. This is such a huge issue where my wife works (a state facility) that they are hesitant to mandate the vaccine and it looks like they aren't going to for the time being.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
22 hours ago, laylalex said:

Just to be clear, it was an AMA self reporting survey/poll.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Just to be clear, it was an AMA self reporting survey/poll.

It was not -- I think I wrote about that the other week. I'll find that post tomorrow, really tired. A project I am leading at work goes live on Friday and I am working like crazy.

But here's the page with a link to the report which includes the methodology: https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/press-releases/ama-survey-shows-over-96-doctors-fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19

It's not "everyone with the link can answer" -- there's a geographic and specialty balance to the population surveyed. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, laylalex said:

It was not -- I think I wrote about that the other week. I'll find that post tomorrow, really tired. A project I am leading at work goes live on Friday and I am working like crazy.

But here's the page with a link to the report which includes the methodology: https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/press-releases/ama-survey-shows-over-96-doctors-fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19

It's not "everyone with the link can answer" -- there's a geographic and specialty balance to the population surveyed. 

Umm, the link you posted clearly labeled it a survey, and I believe there was only 301 respondents out of something like 600k practicing physicians in the US.  The stats as to extrapolating this survey to the entire population is thin, but they do have some pretty charts and graphs.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Well my wife got an email at work yesterday regarding the vaccine. A few weeks ago her employer demanded every employee submit their vaccine status by last week or face "disciplinary action". According to the email 30% of the employees flat out refused to submit their status. Of the 70% that did submit their status over half are unvaccinated. A majority of these employees by the way directly care for people and aren't simply "support staff". As a punishment they have now all of a sudden decided unvaccinated employees need 2 covid tests per week (most of them have to go in on their day off unpaid to get the tests) versus the one test per week that has been adequate for over a year. They know if they mandate the vaccine it will mean severe staff shortages and they are always short staffed as it is. Places like NY that are run by radical leftists will push their mandates regardless of the consequences though.

27 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Well my wife got an email at work yesterday regarding the vaccine. A few weeks ago her employer demanded every employee submit their vaccine status by last week or face "disciplinary action". According to the email 30% of the employees flat out refused to submit their status. Of the 70% that did submit their status over half are unvaccinated. A majority of these employees by the way directly care for people and aren't simply "support staff". As a punishment they have now all of a sudden decided unvaccinated employees need 2 covid tests per week (most of them have to go in on their day off unpaid to get the tests) versus the one test per week that has been adequate for over a year. They know if they mandate the vaccine it will mean severe staff shortages and they are always short staffed as it is. Places like NY that are run by radical leftists will push their mandates regardless of the consequences though.

2 a week seems extreme and I am not even sure follows the science.  However frequent testing seems like a good alternative to forcing the shot.  One would think 2-3 a month should be sufficient 

1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

2 a week seems extreme and I am not even sure follows the science.  However frequent testing seems like a good alternative to forcing the shot.  One would think 2-3 a month should be sufficient 

Like I said it seems like nothing more than a punishment for not taking the vaccine. Basically since a covid test existed they have been required to test once a week even vaccinated people. Now vaccinated people still have to do it once a week but unvaccinated people have to do it twice a week. If it's not a form of punishment what changed in the last week or so versus the last year plus that makes two tests a week necessary? Was there a new scientific discovery that says testing two times a week only for unvaccinated people is now needed?

34 minutes ago, Wheeldeal said:

I was wondering the same. I think it's easy to take an opinion someone shares online and amplify it out to a larger group than it truly represents. 

On 9/27/2021 at 10:26 PM, laylalex said:

Not sure if she is referring to the specific story I posted or if that is a general statement but there seems to be a misconception that the amount of healthcare workers refusing the vaccine is insignificant or that it is just "support staff" and not people who treat patients. From what I have seen from where my wife works and articles from all around the country this is simply not the case over all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).