attaboyshort

Cases stuck at the NVC/ Lawsuit

76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For those quoting my thread, I haven't been shown anything substantial that cases are getting sent back to USCIS to die if you "win" a WoM. If you have documented cases like that, please post them. 

I have heard negative things in regards to the state arguing that 1-2 years isn't an unreasonable delay...and just putting you back in line. I mean I guess there are some odd family visas from terrorist infested countries where the agencies involved drag their heels for years, but it doesn't make it "reasonable" when in most cases what we're talking about is obvious K1s from the Philippines. My case is still in limbo, no updates for over two months. 

Personally, I find the whole situation of abandoning your post as a government official over the cerveza sickness worthy of being mocked. If you disagree that's fine. I've worked full time with the public since the outbreak, so no reason the government can't either. These are unique days, and nature abhors a vacuum. 

Edited by dangime

Hello, I’m having the same issue. We were approved in May 2021 and they said they would send my approval to the NVC. I don’t know much about this process so I’m not sure what to do either. The 120 given are definitely up bu now but I have yet to hear from anyone. Can anyone please help me our on what I should do? Thanks in advance. 

8 minutes ago, JaylaJade said:

Hello, I’m having the same issue. We were approved in May 2021 and they said they would send my approval to the NVC. I don’t know much about this process so I’m not sure what to do either. The 120 given are definitely up bu now but I have yet to hear from anyone. Can anyone please help me our on what I should do? Thanks in advance. 

Keep reading the threads here and learn more about the process. Then you can make an informed decision about your next steps: continue with the K1, start over with the spousal, etc. No one knows the specifics of your case as well as you do.

Mandamus has already been thrown out by the courts. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Last week the federal courts through out Ramirez and another mandamus suit stating that the embassy is required to follow local protocols so there is no merit to the suits. The US does not make policy decisions for local foreign governments.  I will find a link. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

5 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Again, not retaliation mode.  Their first legal action, according to you, was a motion to dismiss the case.  If that is still ongoing, then I suggest you tell your lawyers to not contest that motion.  That will let your petition stay the course, waiting at NVC until the embassy is ready to process more K1 cases.

If you tell your lawyer to fight the motion to dismiss, and you succeed, then you force the NVC to "act" on your case.  The first action they can take is send the petition to the embassy.  But if the embassy will not allow that (which they won't because they are backlogged), then the only other action NVC can take is to acknowledge that the petition is expired and send it back to USCIS.

And all is this causing more delays.  The State department budget that could be used perhaps to process more cases is now being diverted to lawyers and court fees to fight the WoM.  And, they are actually fighting for your benefit by asking for dismissal.

I’m to far along in my case to back pedal, and I do not agree WOM are causing more delays. The government being slow and not staffing people, or attacking the work load is the real reason for delays. Covid? What about the vaccines and what about returning to normal in the work force? I go to work everyday, we work more now than ever.  Do you know in July alone the US embassy in Manila only issued 149 K-1 visa’s, with a back log of over half a million at the NVC? They have no dedication to a back log that is looking like years and years to clear. The defense ( Government ) is not doing me a favor trying to dismiss my case. They want the judge to ok a 5 year waiting plan. That’s insane! The government needs to start doing their jobs. Any of you ever pay for a service in your life or pay somebody for a resolution, and it not be full filed? Or you have to wait unGodly amount of time for the outcome to get what you need done. It effects people’s lives and quality of life. Nobody seems to want to argue that now do they? Also the courts are making a lot of money right now, $400 in court filing fees, I’m sure they are enjoying all the cases coming through financial wise. 

1 hour ago, JaylaJade said:

Wait 5 years! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

31 minutes ago, attaboyshort said:

I’m to far along in my case to back pedal

I do not understand this.  There has been verified reports that pursuing your WoM will more than likely result in expiration of your K1 petition.  When given that information, I would think the best option is to stop pursuing the WoM lawsuit.

Please let us know how it goes.   It will be very helpful to the community to know the results.

Just now, SteveInBostonI130 said:

I do not understand this.  There has been verified reports that pursuing your WoM will more than likely result in expiration of your K1 petition.  When given that information, I would think the best option is to stop pursuing the WoM lawsuit.

Please let us know how it goes.   It will be very helpful to the community to know the results.

I know, but the judge is gonna be making a decision. Like I said earlier maybe I really messed up.

18 hours ago, attaboyshort said:

I know, but the judge is gonna be making a decision. Like I said earlier maybe I really messed up.

Yes unfortunately winning WoM will often result in the unintended results of forcing the NVC to act where one option (sending to the consulate) isn'tavailable so they have to return it to USCIS.. 

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/26/2021 at 6:18 PM, John & Rose said:

Last week the federal courts through out Ramirez and another mandamus suit stating that the embassy is required to follow local protocols so there is no merit to the suits. The US does not make policy decisions for local foreign governments.  I will find a link. 

I predicted before the lawsuit was filed that it would be thrown out, and I got a lot of push back by those who paid... I'll say it again, it was nothing but a money grab by Immigration lawyers who saw an opportunity, taking advantage of desperate petitioners who would do anything to get their Fiance's here,  all in a effort to enrich themselves  $$$.$$$

32 minutes ago, nykolos said:

I predicted before the lawsuit was filed that it would be thrown out, and I got a lot of push back by those who paid... I'll say it again, it was nothing but a money grab by Immigration lawyers who saw an opportunity, taking advantage of desperate petitioners who would do anything to get their Fiance's here,  all in a effort to enrich themselves  $$$.$$$

I agree 100%. The only real winners are the lawyers and their new boats. 

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.