Eak2l7

I-129F approved, what are we waiting on now?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

A little over a month ago our application was approved and we haven’t heard anything since. I know normally you hear from the nvc next, but the NOA said the petition was forwarded to the consulate. Just wondering, who are we going to hear from? Will I be the one getting a letter or will my beneficiary? And at what point should we contact someone about not hearing anything? 

3 hours ago, Eak2l7 said:

A little over a month ago our application was approved and we haven’t heard anything since. I know normally you hear from the nvc next, but the NOA said the petition was forwarded to the consulate. Just wondering, who are we going to hear from? Will I be the one getting a letter or will my beneficiary? And at what point should we contact someone about not hearing anything? 

Did you call NVC for your case #?  What does your CEAC status say?

I'm not sure how Dublin works, but in general, the petitioner receives packet 3 by email, which contains instructions for booking the medical and the interview, as well as sending documents to the consulate.

There may be more info on the US embassy Dublin website, or possibly someone will come along with first hand knowledge.  

You can also check out the Ireland portal/forum for Ireland.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Did you call NVC for your case #?  What does your CEAC status say?

I'm not sure how Dublin works, but in general, the petitioner receives packet 3 by email, which contains instructions for booking the medical and the interview, as well as sending documents to the consulate.

There may be more info on the US embassy Dublin website, or possibly someone will come along with first hand knowledge.  

You can also check out the Ireland portal/forum for Ireland.

I went to call the NVC but the automated part said their currently not answering case status questions over the phone because of covid so I didn’t think I could ask them there for my number. Without it I can’t check online. Maybe I’m being too paranoid about it because I read someone say they lose track of cases all the time, but I’m sure that could just be an exaggeration. 

Just now, Eak2l7 said:

I went to call the NVC but the automated part said their currently not answering case status questions over the phone because of covid so I didn’t think I could ask them there for my number. Without it I can’t check online. Maybe I’m being too paranoid about it because I read someone say they lose track of cases all the time, but I’m sure that could just be an exaggeration. 

Oh dear.  Sorry to hear that.  I wonder if they answer during lower call-volume times?  When I was calling them (this was pre-COVID), I had luck reaching them around their close of business, which I believe was 11 pm Eastern time.  It may be different now.

But calling early or late and avoiding midday might yield better results.

Btw, I don't think they lose cases "all the time."  And my impression of Dublin, as consulates go, is that it is less busy and better organized than most.  Was the petitioner's email included with the petition?

6 minutes ago, Eak2l7 said:

went to call the NVC but the automated part said their currently not answering case status questions over the phone because of covid so I didn’t think I could ask them there for my number.

That automated part has been there since the beginning of the pandemic. You just need to keep being on the line. After the automated message is finished you’ll be able to reach someone and ask for your case number. Been there done that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, Eak2l7 said:

Another option is to send them an inquiry through their public inquiry page (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html)

Just use your USCIS case/receipt number in the form. Ask for both your NVC case number and invoice number and they'll provide those to you through an e-mail.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.