zman90

Filing I-485, I-864, I-765, and I-131 Questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Good afternoon,

My now wife came over on her K-1 visa back on early July, we ended up getting married in late August. We are now filing the AOS paperwork and had a few questions regarding the payment. I understand that the I-485 is $1,140 and Biometrics is $85 bringing the total to $1,225. We are also wanted to file for her employment with the I-765 and her ability to travel with the I-131. We are planning on submitting all of these documents together. When using the fee calculator on USCIS website (https://www.uscis.gov/feecalculator), when I look at the I-765 it shows an option where you pay $0 and an option where you pay $410. Which would I be using if I were to file altogether? I am also seeing something similar with the I-131. The question that changes the outcome is "Did you pay the I-485 required application fee?" if I mark Yes, it shows I need to pay $0. If I mark no, it shows I need to pay $575.

If I were to file all of these documents together, would I need to pay $1,225 for it all? Or $1,225 + $410 + $575 = $2,210.

If I do pay the full amount of $2,210 - do I just include one check for the full amount or would I have 3 separate checks, 1 for each document?

Thank you!

Stephen

You are paying the I485 fee so you mark "yes" in the calculator.

I765 and I131 are $0 when concurrently filed (or filed AFTER) I485.

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You are paying the I485 fee so you mark "yes" in the calculator.

I765 and I131 are $0 when concurrently filed (or filed AFTER) I485.

Thank you for that. So one check for $1225 at the front of our package including all documents? (just to clarify :))

1 minute ago, zman90 said:

Thank you for that. So one check for $1225 at the front of our package including all documents? (just to clarify :))

Yup.

Noted in the memo as "I485 application fee + biometrics, Your Alien number".

Also include three separate cover letters, one for each form to indicate you are filing concurrently.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yup.

Noted in the memo as "I485 application fee + biometrics, Your Alien number".

Also include three separate cover letters, one for each form to indicate you are filing concurrently.

Great! Thank you so much!

3 hours ago, zman90 said:

We are now filing the AOS paperwork and had a few questions regarding the payment.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Filing Forms I-765 and I-131 with Form I-485

If you submit Form I-485 and pay the required fee, you do not have to pay an additional fee to also file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, and/or Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, for advance parole. You may submit these forms together. If you choose not to file Form I-765 and/or Form I-131 with your Form I-485, then you must submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, (also known as your receipt) as evidence that you filed Form I-485.

3 hours ago, zman90 said:

The check is part of the I-485 packet. An example of the optional cover letters:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.