danb1978

Updated documents needed for interview?

6 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I've finally had my interview scheduled for the end of October after being DQ'd since Sept 2020. 

Do i need to obtain new versions of any of my documents? e.g Police Report/ AOS etc. If so, do i just bring them to the interview or do i need to send/upload them anywhere before the interview?

I think the Police report is only valid for 12m? The one i uploaded in my application was from April 2020 so i guess i need a new one?

I'm visa category F11 (Unmarried Son of US Citizen over 21) 

Any help would be great, thank you! 

Regards

Dan 

Edited by danb1978

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Definitely a new PCC and I-865 (AOS), along with 2020 tax transcript.  You may also need to update the DS-260 and new passport size photos. 

You should contact the embassy about the DS-260 and the new passport photos, and to ask them if you should upload or just bring to the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

@danb1978  :time:

London will want everything for an immigrant visa uploaded. People who take documentation  to the interview still get told the visa can’t be completed until the applicant uploads what is needed. 

1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

@danb1978  :time:

London will want everything for an immigrant visa uploaded. People who take documentation  to the interview still get told the visa can’t be completed until the applicant uploads what is needed. 

Thank you.

How do i upload new documents, do you know? Do i upload at the same place i uploaded before https://ceac.state.gov/? Theres a contact us form for the embassy maybe i should fill that in and ask them what to do?

7 hours ago, carlapat said:

Hi! Just had my interview for an F2 visa last 20/09, I just brought a new updated copy of my I-865, new tax transcript, and recent W2 of my sponsor, I did not upload any of them prior to the interview and they accepted them. Got my visa approved.

Fantastic! Thank you Carlapat for the update and congratulations on getting approved! 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.