lalaland

DCF i 130 from Moscow? or montreal? or Mexico?

73 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lalaland said:

I am Canadian ,,with a HOME in Canada and residency in CANADA.

You can only have physical residency at one place at any given time.   When we did our DCF in Mexico we both lived in Mexico.   To file DCF you will need to live where you wife is and meet what the consulate deems necessary for you to claim residency in that jurisdiction. That requirement varies by consulate.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

given the circumstances(embassy in russia closed) wouldnt it make sense for the US embassy say in germany ..that i acquire residence there to be able to apply for the DCF(since its impossible to do within russia)?. keep in mind..obtaining residency for both my wife and I in another EU country takes only a couple days(good thing about being european).

1 minute ago, Paul & Mary said:

You can only have physical residency at one place at any given time.   When we did our DCF in Mexico we both lived in Mexico.   To file DCF you will need to live where you wife is and meet what the consulate deems necessary for you to claim residency in that jurisdiction. That requirement varies by consulate.

👍

have you contacted the embassy?  They will give you instructions as to where to file / and if "they" will accept the petition.   Moscow is open but on a limited operation.  Many interviews are being held in Poland.

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, lalaland said:

this is what YOU think that Im doing but NOT WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO!

I DO have a one in a lifetime job offer that I need to accept . The US embassy in Russia is CLOSED!!!(or semi) so I am trying to see how I can do this.

Who are you to say that im trying to circumvent anything?????????? read my posts!!!.

I read all your posts.  I didn't say you don't qualify.  Your urgent job offer probably qualifies your DCF.  But the Consulate officer could think you are trying to circumvent the domestic waiting times.  Good luck on your journey.  I think your DCF option is Moscow only. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

have you contacted the embassy?  They will give you instructions as to where to file / and if "they" will accept the petition.   Moscow is open but on a limited operation.  Many interviews are being held in Poland.

i have called and emailed but no response..i guess ill go personally and see what they say 🙏

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I read all your posts.  I didn't say you don't qualify.  Your urgent job offer probably qualifies your DCF.  But the Consulate officer could think you are trying to circumvent the domestic waiting times.  Good luck on your journey.  I think your DCF option is Moscow only. 

i apologize  if i sounded rude...i havent started this process yet and i think it all got in my nerves already 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. thank you for your inputs 🙏

1 minute ago, lalaland said:

i have called and emailed but no response..i guess ill go personally and see what they say 🙏

Try calling the US Number during the Russian Consulate hours.   Are you emailing the IV Visa group?

1 hour ago, lalaland said:

because what is this below then:?

just saying.....

There's been many changes since 2018. For example, click on the first link in that post: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/international-offices/mexico-uscis-mexico-city-field-office "Other Services"

you may request to file your petition with the Department of State at a U.S. embassy or consulate in certain limited circumstances, as described in the USCIS Policy Manual, Volume 6, Part B, Chapter 3. Please contact the U.S. embassy or consulate that has jurisdiction over the area where you live for further information.

I.e. those living in Canada no longer submit the DCF petition to USCIS Mexico City office. Now they usually submit it to the Montreal consulate (if Montreal says they'll accept the DCF filing): https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-6-part-b-chapter-3 "there are some limited circumstances in which the U.S. Department of State (DOS) may accept and adjudicate Form I-130. USCIS no longer accepts and adjudicates routine Form I-130 petitions at its remaining international field offices."

Edited by HRQX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, lalaland said:

i apologize  if i sounded rude...i havent started this process yet and i think it all got in my nerves already 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. thank you for your inputs 🙏

Many people have been successful with DCF.  I hope you are also successful.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Other communications options:

Timeline
5 minutes ago, HRQX said:

There's been many changes since 2018. For example, click on the first link in that post: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/international-offices/mexico-uscis-mexico-city-field-office "Other Services"

you may request to file your petition with the Department of State at a U.S. embassy or consulate in certain limited circumstances, as described in the USCIS Policy Manual, Volume 6, Part B, Chapter 3. Please contact the U.S. embassy or consulate that has jurisdiction over the area where you live for further information.

I.e. those living in Canada no longer submit the DCF petition to USCIS Mexico City office. Now they usually submit it to the Montreal consulate (if Montreal says they'll accept the DCF filing): https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-6-part-b-chapter-3 "there are some limited circumstances in which the U.S. Department of State (DOS) may accept and adjudicate Form I-130. USCIS no longer accepts and adjudicates routine Form I-130 petitions at its remaining international field offices."

got it..thank u

Just wanted to add my 2 cents here. You're getting multiple potentially non concrete answers due to DCF rules historically being consulate dependent and also the recent changes that essentially shut down DCF in most cases. Ultimately the best thing you can do is talk to someone in the Moscow/Frankfurt/Montreal embassies and ask your questions.

I'll also add that your EU residency option may work for filing in Frankfurt, but in my experience they care more about the spirit of the rule than the letter. When I applied for DCF in Mexico in 2017 I had been living in Mexico for 7 years, but was not an actual resident as I only ever got tourist visas. The embassy didn't care about that detail, they just wanted me to prove that I had been living in Mexico for at least 6 months. I sent them apartment leases, bills, etc and they accepted. While you may be able to become a legal resident of the EU in 1-2 days, that may not be enough to convince them that you meet the spirit of the rule, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

Edited by Jorge V

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jorge V said:

Just wanted to add my 2 cents here. You're getting multiple potentially non concrete answers due to DCF rules historically being consulate dependent and also the recent changes that essentially shut down DCF in most cases. Ultimately the best thing you can do is talk to someone in the Moscow/Frankfurt/Montreal embassies and ask your questions.

I'll also add that your EU residency option may work for filing in Frankfurt, but in my experience they care more about the spirit of the rule than the letter. When I applied for DCF in Mexico in 2017 I had been living in Mexico for 7 years, but was not an actual resident as I only ever got tourist visas. The embassy didn't care about that detail, they just wanted me to prove that I had been living in Mexico for at least 6 months. I sent them apartment leases, bills, etc and they accepted. While you may be able to become a legal resident of the EU in 1-2 days, that may not be enough to convince them that you meet the spirit of the rule, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

it totally makes sense..i agree with you..like i said above..since the embassy in Russia is half closed i would image they would understand but..i agree..i should just file i 130 the regular way...or maybe contact the embassies directly...

stupid question but...is there a way to bring/ask for a visa for the spouse to come to the US on a Visit? or thats out of the picture?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 minutes ago, lalaland said:

it totally makes sense..i agree with you..like i said above..since the embassy in Russia is half closed i would image they would understand but..i agree..i should just file i 130 the regular way...or maybe contact the embassies directly...

stupid question but...is there a way to bring/ask for a visa for the spouse to come to the US on a Visit? or thats out of the picture?

Your spouse can apply for a tourist visa and she can visit, at the discretion of CBP - they can deny her entry if they suspect she will try to overstay or stay and immigrate.  To mitigate such suspicions she would need to show strong ties to her home country and have definite travel plans - i.e., return ticket.

The main problem is that Moscow is not processing tourist visas.  Warsaw has been handling some immigration visa interviews for Russians.  But they have not accepted any tourist visa transfers, as far as I am aware.

Check the Russia, Ukraine, Belarus sub-forum:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/98-russia-ukraine-and-belarus/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.