happytree

Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

35 posts in this topic

Question to those who naturalized already: Did you ever get into your USCIS account after your naturalization? I went in today just to see and it still says "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed". 

I was expecting to see something like "case completed" or "naturalization completed" or something like that. 

What do you guys see in your accounts?

2 hours ago, happytree said:

Question to those who naturalized already: Did you ever get into your USCIS account after your naturalization? I went in today just to see and it still says "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed". 

I was expecting to see something like "case completed" or "naturalization completed" or something like that. 

What do you guys see in your accounts?

Its supposed to look like this once you finish. 09DDEF92-1BBA-4030-9B0A-1953A0F4634A.thumb.jpeg.8e86fceca4679c183bb8a516f302e562.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Adujarric said:

Its supposed to look like this once you finish. 09DDEF92-1BBA-4030-9B0A-1953A0F4634A.thumb.jpeg.8e86fceca4679c183bb8a516f302e562.jpeg

I just checked again after your post and they updated my status. couple hours ago it said "oath ceremony notice was mailed". Now, it says Certificate issued, just like  yours. :) 

I naturalized last week. You can see the update happened today :D 

image.png.d166331be7bf8c920edca71a6683ec72.png

53 minutes ago, bing10 said:

Mine says the same, although the date is wrong, it shows the date 2 days after I was naturalized.

Yeah, the date shown on mine is not correct either. Mine updated yesterday afternoon and it's showing yesterday's date and not my naturalization date. I think that date is just when they updated it, not when the naturalization actually happened. 

We should be good. 

15 minutes ago, happytree said:

Yeah, the date shown on mine is not correct either. Mine updated yesterday afternoon and it's showing yesterday's date and not my naturalization date. I think that date is just when they updated it, not when the naturalization actually happened. 

We should be good. 

Yes, I assume it's an IT glitch.

56 minutes ago, happytree said:

We should be good. 

Mines too because i was naturalized friday the 20th and & in the update it saids August 24th lol. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
4 hours ago, Adujarric said:

Mines too because i was naturalized friday the 20th and & in the update it saids August 24th lol. 

Once you have the certificate in hand, it doesn’t matter anymore!

My status was literally updated as I was walking out of the facility where the oath took place,I was shocked by the timing!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Question: 

1. When you received your interview letter how far apart was the interview date?

2. After successful interview how long did it take to get your naturalization certificate to apply for U.S. Passport? 

13 minutes ago, androidhk89 said:

Question: 

1. When you received your interview letter how far apart was the interview date?

2. After successful interview how long did it take to get your naturalization certificate to apply for U.S. Passport? 

I applied and nothing happened for like a year. I kept seeing everyone getting their appointments and nothing on my case which had me worried. Did I miss anything? Did I misspelled something? etc.

After a year of waiting, I got biometrics appointment letter to appear 2 weeks later
After I took my biometrics, about a week later I got the interview letter to appear about 1 month later
I went to my interview, my oath was about 2 weeks after that. 

4 days after that, my case updated from "oath notice was mailed" to "naturalization certificate was issued" (in fact, when I opened this post my case status said notice was mailed, 2 hrs after,  it changed to cert issued :P)

Edited by happytree
fix typo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
24 minutes ago, androidhk89 said:

Question: 

My husband's interview was set for about a month after the interview notice date.

His oath ceremony notice was dated 4 days after his interview, and oath scheduled 11 days after notice date. You receive your naturalization certificate when you take the oath. Some people do the oath on the same day as their interview approval. It depends on the field office.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
19 hours ago, androidhk89 said:

Question: 

in our case:

- Status on eGov changed JULY 8th, the pdf letter was on myUSCIS almost immediately

- Letter arrived in the mail about 4 days later, I think I got it on July 12th

- Both interviews set same day/time, AUG 6th, so a bit less than a month between letter and actual interview

- ITW Aug 6th

- Approval AUG 25th

- Oath scheduled and letter received a week later

- Oath Sept 13th (so 10 days between letter and ceremony)

- Applied for passport Sept 17th

Keep in mind that passport appointments might sometimes take a few weeks due to backlog, so I booked something in advance (but had to reschedule once oath ceremony was confirmed)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Pat&Vince said:

in our case:

- Status on eGov changed JULY 8th, the pdf letter was on myUSCIS almost immediately

- Letter arrived in the mail about 4 days later, I think I got it on July 12th

- Both interviews set same day/time, AUG 6th, so a bit less than a month between letter and actual interview

- ITW Aug 6th

- Approval AUG 25th

- Oath scheduled and letter received a week later

- Oath Sept 13th (so 10 days between letter and ceremony)

- Applied for passport Sept 17th

Keep in mind that passport appointments might sometimes take a few weeks due to backlog, so I booked something in advance (but had to reschedule once oath ceremony was confirmed)

I hear some offices give you the naturalization cert at the oath ceremony and some mail it afterwards.

BTW did you send your original naturalization certificate for the passport documents? Any idea how long it takes for the passport to arrive?

31 minutes ago, androidhk89 said:

I hear some offices give you the naturalization cert at the oath ceremony and some mail it afterwards.

BTW did you send your original naturalization certificate for the passport documents? Any idea how long it takes for the passport to arrive?

You need to submit the original to apply for a passport. Good news is that you only need to send the expired passport to nenew. Your passport becomes proof of both identity and citizenship. In theory, you wont need your certificate ever again. 

In my case, I got my certificate right then and there after my oath.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.