jefry valdez

N-400 case denied -- can you help me?

112 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Jenny15 said:

I filed what the USCIS online said I'm eligible for, but little did I know I filed so early. And they deduct those days while I was out of the country. I think a total of 8 months I was out of the country because every 2 years, I fly out. I just got lucky because the lady who interviewed considered and adjusted all my days to complete the 5 yrs eligibility.

As per website applicant needs to be here 30 month on 5 years. You are lucky. This is from uscis website 

Physical Presence

Applicants are required to show that they were:

• Physically present in the U.S. for thirty months within the five year period before applying, or (see legal basis)
  • Physically present in the U.S. for eighteen months within the three year period before applying in the case of qualified spouses of U.S. citizens (see legal basis)

Edited by Pavel1982

Filed: Timeline

I remember during my time that my payment receipt from USCIS had a payment transaction date that was exactly 4 hours (AK time?) earlier than the credit card email notification time (EST) of the charge.

I would have thought that 1230PM is too late in the day for a huge time stamp error. I would have thought that any time before 4 am (or 6 am if Hawaii time) may be problematic if it's a time zone issue.

OP, did the IO tell you at the interview that you were being denied? That would have been the time to object immediately... but that's water under the bridge. Sorry about this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

We always warn people to stop submitting on the dot. Noone listens. 

Though we're talking about this right now, someone is waiting to submit on the dot hoping that theirs will have a different outcome

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
8 hours ago, xyz12345 said:

I remember during my time that my payment receipt from USCIS had a payment transaction date that was exactly 4 hours (AK time?) earlier than the credit card email notification time (EST) of the charge.

I would have thought that 1230PM is too late in the day for a huge time stamp error. I would have thought that any time before 4 am (or 6 am if Hawaii time) may be problematic if it's a time zone issue.

OP, did the IO tell you at the interview that you were being denied? That would have been the time to object immediately... but that's water under the bridge. Sorry about this.

I agree, even if they were adhering to the AoE timing, it would be 4:30 am in Baker/Howland the same day when it is 12:30 pm EDT.  This sounds more like a computer clock issue.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

23 hours ago, jefry valdez said:

GOOD MORNING, last Feb / 10/2021 I applied for citizenship (for-N400), on Sept / 18/2021 was my interview. I passed the exam but my case was denied because they said that I sent my application too early.

I am a resident since May-11-2016.

Permanent Resident Anniversary Date:

Month 05- Day 11 Year 2021

Earliest Accepted Filing Date:
02/10/2021.

Do you think there was an error in the official denying me my application since it can be completed with 90 days before the 5 years? Earliest Accepted Filing Date:
02/10 / 2021. so says the uscis page.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator

or is the officer's decision correct?

in your USCIS account, what is submitted date showing?

• Captain Ewok changed the title to N-400 case denied -- can you help me?
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
On 9/21/2021 at 9:21 AM, jefry valdez said:

GOOD MORNING, last Feb / 10/2021 I applied for citizenship (for-N400), on Sept / 18/2021 was my interview. I passed the exam but my case was denied because they said that I sent my application too early.

I am a resident since May-11-2016.

Permanent Resident Anniversary Date:

Month 05- Day 11 Year 2021

Earliest Accepted Filing Date:
02/10/2021.

Do you think there was an error in the official denying me my application since it can be completed with 90 days before the 5 years? Earliest Accepted Filing Date:
02/10 / 2021. so says the uscis page.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator

or is the officer's decision correct?

Hey! I've became a US resident on May 11 2016, applied on February 10 2021, became a US citizen on August 17 2021 with no problem, I also used a USCIS earlier filing calculator. But here is thing, if you applied immediately between February 9th and the 10th, then they will consider your application to be reviewed on the 9th because of timezones differences, look carefully at your case receipt, look at the line indicating "received date" at the left upper corner, right under line "receipt number" if it shows February 10 that you must fight. Good luck to you!

I had the exact same issue. Happened two weeks ago. I was given the choice of withdraw my application or get it declined. They apologized and recommended that I reach out and request a refund due to a technology issue. 

Now just waiting for the withdrawal to be processed so I can reapply.

USCIS

01/18/2017: I-130 mailed

02/13/2017: NOA1

10/30/2017: NOA2

NVC

11/22/2017: NVC welcome letter received (by email, paper copy arrived weeks later)

12/07/2017: Filled in DS-260 online

12/08/2017: Posted NVC package (AOS, IV & Civil Documents)

12/18/2017: NVC Scan date

02/01/2018: NVC Case Complete

03/02/2018: Receive Interview Appointment letter

03/20/2018: Medical appointment

04/17/2018: Interview, result: APPROVED!!!

04/24/2018: Visa Issued and shipped from Consulate

04/26/2018: Visa received!

06/21/2018: Landed in Houston! Passport stamped :)

07/14/2018: Greencard arrived in the mail

On 9/21/2021 at 1:08 PM, Crazy Cat said:

Agree.  Some people mail their packages 2 or 3 days before the window opens....then they worry that the package might arrive early.  Filing a day or two after the window opens is the best policy, imo.

Hey there, I've been eligible to file since June but I haven't done it because I'm still trying to renew my green card. Is it advised against waiting too long to file for N-400? What would be the smart thing to do? Wait for my green card or just go ahead and apply for the citizenship? Thank you!

On 9/21/2021 at 7:23 AM, jefry valdez said:

what would be the fastest option appeal or apply again?

I appealed and got approved within just 1 and half months. Mine was bit different incorrect rules and officer seems to be new. I got approved without any hearing. So if you know you are sure you passed the timeframe and have proofs then N-336 is worth a try.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.