MAJPoet

Second Interview

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

unusual yes,  but they would not have collected the visa fee at that time,   right?   she didn't pay out any money to Casa embassy?

then they need to call her back to collect it and they have to see in person to reaffirm her ID/  they will even fingerprint her again for ID

and have her take the oath /  Casa does it every time a person comes in

she can relax

She actually did pay the fee at a bank and took the receipt with her to the first interview. 

Edited by MAJPoet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
24 minutes ago, MAJPoet said:

She actually did pay the fee at a bank and took the receipt with her to the first interview. 

when the embassy says "a few questions"   and they have passport

la mochkila

Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

when the embassy says "a few questions"   and they have passport

la mochkila

That is our hope.

One other question: do you suppose we will hear a definitive answer after the second interview or is there a likelihood of remaining in AP? That’s my fiancé’s biggest question. 

Edited by MAJPoet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, MAJPoet said:

That is our hope.

One other question: do you suppose we will hear a definitive answer after the second interview or is there a likelihood of remaining in AP? That’s my fiancé’s biggest question. 

Likelihood,   they will have a decision

if they intended to deny,   they would have sent her passport via Aramex back to her and not said to come in for a few questions

i look at this as "all good news"

and yes ,  if they have not yet printed visa,  it could remain in AP till aramex delivers it 

they could also give passport with visa to her "on the spot"

good luck

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Likelihood,   they will have a decision

if they intended to deny,   they would have sent her passport via Aramex back to her and not said to come in for a few questions

i look at this as "all good news"

and yes ,  if they have not yet printed visa,  it could remain in AP till aramex delivers it 

they could also give passport with visa to her "on the spot"

good luck

Thank you so much. We are hopeful and prayerful. 

Timeline

So, my fiancé had the second interview. They only asked her a few questions: they asked how we met, about my children, and if we had a marriage contract. (We are filling for a K1 fiancé visa.) When she said no, they told her to be straightforward about it. She reiterated that we did NOT do a contract marriage. That was basically it.

I thought they would have made a decision on the spot, but they told her they would contact us soon to let us know. My fiancé said she felt the interview went well, but the fact they didn’t approve it there seems strange to me.

Thoughts? 

Edited by MAJPoet

Timeline
17 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

incha allah

Also, they updated the date on CEAC to today’s date, but the status still says “Refused.”

I’m more confused than I was before the interview. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 9/22/2021 at 6:41 AM, MAJPoet said:

So, my fiancé had the second interview. They only asked her a few questions: they asked how we met, about my children, and if we had a marriage contract. (We are filling for a K1 fiancé visa.) When she said no, they told her to be straightforward about it. She reiterated that we did NOT do a contract marriage. That was basically it.

I thought they would have made a decision on the spot, but they told her they would contact us soon to let us know. My fiancé said she felt the interview went well, but the fact they didn’t approve it there seems strange to me.

Thoughts? 

Im wondering if they believe you are already married to her bcus shes muslim? Did yall stay alone together? Idk any updates? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 9/22/2021 at 9:00 AM, MAJPoet said:

Also, they updated the date on CEAC to today’s date, but the status still says “Refused.”

I’m more confused than I was before the interview. 

Approval are ALWAYS after the interview...especially in MENA countries.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
Just now, Cynnbean said:

Im wondering if they believe you are already married to her bcus shes muslim? Did yall stay alone together? Idk any updates? 

Perhaps that is the problem. Not sure. No we did not stay together. Always in the company of her family. 

Last week, we checked CEAC status website. The “Last Date Updated” changed EVERY day last week, indicating they were doing something with the file. However, the status remained the same. So confusing. We have been in AP for over 3 months, over a month since the second interview. No word. Our attorney even wrote a letter. No response. We are clueless. 

Timeline
Just now, Crazy Cat said:

Approval are ALWAYS after the interview...especially in MENA countries.

We are 3 months from the first interview. 1 month since the second. They changed the “Last Date Updated” EVERY day last week, but the status remains the same: AP. Our lawyer even sent an email. We didn’t even receive a generic response. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

1 minute ago, MAJPoet said:

Our attorney even wrote a letter. No response. We are clueless. 

Sounds like administrative processing.... Not anything you or your attorney can do...except wait.....good luck.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Sounds like administrative processing.... Not anything you or your attorney can do...except wait.....good luck.

Yes, we are in Administrative Processing. The attorney was only sending an enquiry. We know it wouldn’t force them to do anything. Just hoping to see if they would respond with any news. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MAJPoet said:

Perhaps that is the problem. Not sure. No we did not stay together. Always in the company of her family. 

Last week, we checked CEAC status website. The “Last Date Updated” changed EVERY day last week, indicating they were doing something with the file. However, the status remained the same. So confusing. We have been in AP for over 3 months, over a month since the second interview. No word. Our attorney even wrote a letter. No response. We are clueless. 

I see. Hacking Immigration Law, hes a lawyer whos done over 70 mandamus lawsuits on the Casablanca consulate has said lately that they are fighting back on those. He recommends waiting at least a year before suing. You could also go on his free immigration live show on tuesdays and thursdays and ask him a free question but im sure thats what hes gunna say. 

Hopefully since the date is changing it means soon they will move forward with it! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.