Natalia & Igor

N-400 October 2021 Filers

309 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/27/2021 at 7:32 AM, PalRish said:

Filed yesterday(Oct 25, 2021) for my Husband. 
Received the receipt notice after few mins.  Did not receive any other notice. 

Hello Everyone!

An update on this one. My husband had his biometrics yesterday(Jan 27, 2022). We are from Dallas and his biometrics was scheduled at San Antonio. He was in and out in like 10 mins. 

His Case Status immediately changed to 'Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS'. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Benin
Timeline

Hello,My interview was scheduled for today at Indianapolis but unfortunately USCIS office is closed due to the weather condition. Do I need to contact them to reschedule a new appointment or are they going to automatically set up a new one? And do you have an idea about how long it’s going to take to reschedule a new one and how far it’s going to be? I’m really sad because I was so stressed out with learning the civic questions, going back to that stress is really hard.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Barwan said:

Hello,My interview was scheduled for today at Indianapolis but unfortunately USCIS office is closed due to the weather condition. Do I need to contact them to reschedule a new appointment or are they going to automatically set up a new one? And do you have an idea about how long it’s going to take to reschedule a new one and how far it’s going to be? I’m really sad because I was so stressed out with learning the civic questions, going back to that stress is really hard.

Thanks 

You do not have to call them. You can actually check uscis.gov to confirm if your field office is truly closed. They will mail you another interview letter with another interview date. Usually in 2 weeks to a month later. All we can do is wait.

I was suppose to have my interview on January 18 but was cancelled due to their office building having issues. So, they’ve rescheduled my interview to the 25th of this month.

I know how you feel. We just need to be patient. My plan is to just study again a few days before my interview. At least by then, it would just be a refresher.

Timeline
2 hours ago, cablewyres said:

You do not have to call them. You can actually check uscis.gov to confirm if your field office is truly closed. They will mail you another interview letter with another interview date. Usually in 2 weeks to a month later. All we can do is wait.

I was suppose to have my interview on January 18 but was cancelled due to their office building having issues. So, they’ve rescheduled my interview to the 25th of this month.

I know how you feel. We just need to be patient. My plan is to just study again a few days before my interview. At least by then, it would just be a refresher.

Okay, thank you very much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline
1 hour ago, Svetliyden2121 said:

Hi everyone, wanted to ask do you practice 2008 Civics Practice Test on USCIS website or we should study and practice 2020? Thank you!

The 2008 is the one you have to study from, the one with the 100 questions.

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

1 hour ago, Svetliyden2121 said:

Hi everyone, wanted to ask do you practice 2008 Civics Practice Test on USCIS website or we should study and practice 2020? Thank you!

Practice 2008. They reverted back to that. Trump’s administration wanted citizenship to be harder, thus, they tried to implement the 2020 version, but that was ruled out. So, just focus on the 2008.

58 minutes ago, Patty♥Paul said:

The 2008 is the one you have to study from, the one with the 100 questions.

Thank you so much!

57 minutes ago, cablewyres said:

Practice 2008. They reverted back to that. Trump’s administration wanted citizenship to be harder, thus, they tried to implement the 2020 version, but that was ruled out. So, just focus on the 2008.

Thank you so much!

Edited by Svetliyden2121

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 1/24/2022 at 12:26 PM, Natalia & Igor said:

Hi!

Today I had my citizenship interview, but haven’t received a final decision yet.

I applied under the 3-year rule (by marriage to a US citizen). Unfortunately, they weren’t prepared for the interview and didn’t check all the evidence I submitted. The officer was young African-American lady, absolutely unemotional, like a robot.  But the good thing she was a native speaker and spoke without any accent, absolutely clear.

After 6 questions, reading and writing tests (easiest I’ve ever had), we went through the application. I wanted to change my first name (remove one letter), but I was told they have new rules and this is impossible anymore (only through the court). The officer asked me most of the Part 12 questions. She rephrased the question about the tax return, so listen carefully.  No definitions, no additional documents (except  ID, Green Card & Passport). 

The interview lasted about half an hour, we spent another 30 min in the waiting room and 30 min in line to enter the building.  My husband was allowed to be with me all the time except for the interview itself.

As soon as anything changes in my case, I’ll update the information.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

My timeline:

10/18/2021 - submitted my application online;

12/17/2021 - the interview was scheduled;

01/24/2022, 7:45 am - interview (a decision cannot be made yet).

LA, California 

UPDATE:

February 7, 2022

Certificate Of Naturalization Was Issued

On February 7, 2022, we issued your Certificate of Naturalization for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOE**********. 

THANKS EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK!

4 minutes ago, Natalia & Igor said:

UPDATE:

February 7, 2022

On February 7, 2022, we issued your Certificate of Naturalization for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOE**********. 

ПОЗДРАВЛЯЮ!!!!!!!CONGRATS !!!! Thanks for an update!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 2/7/2022 at 8:53 PM, Natalia & Igor said:

UPDATE:

February 7, 2022

So this notice came before your oath, or did I miss something? Either way, congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, vincebu said:

So this notice came before your oath, or did I miss something? Either way, congrats!

No, I had my Oath Ceremony a couple of hours before this notice )

Thank you!

Timeline

Good morning, my interview was cancelled due to bad weather. USCIS sent me notification with the new interview date but the post office never delivered to me. I saw the letter in my Informed Delivery but the post office didn't deliver the mail that day, the next days they delivered the mails but not the one from USCIS. I went to the post office and showed them a snip of USCIS envelop from Informed Delivery but they said that they don't have it. I tried to reach out to USCIS but it was not successful. I requested an e-notification from USCIS website and this is what they said (Thank you for your request:
USCIS will review and process the request. Expect a reply by March 8, 2022). My fear is maybe the interview is before March 8.  

This is the second time the post office misses my immigration mail.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Barwan said:

Good morning, my interview was cancelled due to bad weather. USCIS sent me notification with the new interview date but the post office never delivered to me. I saw the letter in my Informed Delivery but the post office didn't deliver the mail that day, the next days they delivered the mails but not the one from USCIS. I went to the post office and showed them a snip of USCIS envelop from Informed Delivery but they said that they don't have it. I tried to reach out to USCIS but it was not successful. I requested an e-notification from USCIS website and this is what they said (Thank you for your request:
USCIS will review and process the request. Expect a reply by March 8, 2022). My fear is maybe the interview is before March 8.  

This is the second time the post office misses my immigration mail.

Hey! 
Maybe try loging into your online uscis account. Under documents, you can check if there is an interview letter. You can download the interview letter from there.

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys, I just received a notification that my interview has been scheduled for March 18th.  I'm so happy that this journey soon over with. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.