flicks1998

….and the lockdown absurdity continues

25 posts in this topic

Impossible to follow now the new rules for NCR but looks like they will be under GCQ level 4 from September 16 to 30. This is on a 5 level scale with level 5 being the highest. 

The link explains the details but I don’t have the inclination to summarize.  It appears medical clinics may be closed in level 4 so I guess that means SLEC may have to close but who knows what will really happen. 

Not only do they have the 5 levels in GCQ but there appears to be a stand alone ECQ, but it also appears LGUs can do what they want. 

https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2021/9/10/explainer-NCR-pilot-COVID-19-alert-level-system.html

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Yes, LGUs have pretty much power to do what they want unless that is to ease restrictions in which case they will receive advice from higher ups.

3 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Impossible to follow now the new rules for NCR but looks like they will be under GCQ level 4 from September 16 to 30. This is on a 5 level scale with level 5 being the highest.

The link explains the details but I don’t have the inclination to summarize.  It appears medical clinics may be closed in level 4 so I guess that means SLEC may have to close but who knows what will really happen.

Not only do they have the 5 levels in GCQ but there appears to be a stand alone ECQ, but it also appears LGUs can do what they want.

https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2021/9/10/explainer-NCR-pilot-COVID-19-alert-level-system.html

It's become such a joke I don't even want to read it. I am just hoping I have not problems getting my wife and kids and getting out of there.

Just steer clear of the new modified level 4b purple ELMNOPQ abatement subzones after 6:37PM on weekends and public holidays unless you are an APOR.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

The Land of Permanent Lockdowns.  The Philippines has adopted the policy of "Curling up in the fetal position and laying in a ball position " until Covid goes away.

Covid isn't going away anytime soon, and this fantasy the Philippines has about getting 70% of the "target" population vaccinated is a pipe dream, they need to stay away from the Shabu.

In the USA you can get Moderna, Pfizer or JJ about anywhere and anytime and no waiting and no signing up, I flew in from Mexico last week I saw they were giving JJ vaccine upon arrival.  The USA can only get like the mid 50% fully vaccinated and we still have Covid going strong here.  

Until the Philippines decides to tackle the virus and deal with it they will be constantly doing lockdowns.  Yes Philippines is a 3rd world country and the medical facility can't handle covid cases, but they have to come up with a better plan than they have now.

They have been doing the same things for 18 months now, and nothing has improved and only gotten worse.  It insanity to keep repeating what isn't working, and the Philippines is the Capital of the World for Insanity in dealing with the Covid.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah quite a mess in the Philippines.  We have sent money and 5 boxes of food and will continue to do so, but it is way past time for the Philippines to come up with a workable plan.  People are going hungry and need help.  Vaccination program appears to look like the typical government  graft and corruption.  If you want the China/Vac it may be available in days starting in T between midnight and 3a.m. every other vaccination is show me the money. 

At least Cebu is kinda doing their own thing.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

Timeline
18 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

The Land of Permanent Lockdowns.  The Philippines has adopted the policy of "Curling up in the fetal position and laying in a ball position " until Covid goes away.

Covid isn't going away anytime soon, and this fantasy the Philippines has about getting 70% of the "target" population vaccinated is a pipe dream, they need to stay away from the Shabu.

In the USA you can get Moderna, Pfizer or JJ about anywhere and anytime and no waiting and no signing up, I flew in from Mexico last week I saw they were giving JJ vaccine upon arrival.  The USA can only get like the mid 50% fully vaccinated and we still have Covid going strong here.  

Until the Philippines decides to tackle the virus and deal with it they will be constantly doing lockdowns.  Yes Philippines is a 3rd world country and the medical facility can't handle covid cases, but they have to come up with a better plan than they have now.

They have been doing the same things for 18 months now, and nothing has improved and only gotten worse.  It insanity to keep repeating what isn't working, and the Philippines is the Capital of the World for Insanity in dealing with the Covid.

Given the outbreaks even in the most vaccinated areas it's starting to look like the vaccines are about as effective as they are on other varieties of coronavirus like the flu.  Which is to say they somewhat reduce symptoms, never fully stop the spread, and for the most part by the time a vaccine hits the market it's only useful against the previous year's strain.  We've been giving out flu vaccines since the 1940s and 80 years later still have not stopped it from spreading.  Probably in another 80 years corona will be just another endemic virus we've failed to eliminate and people will have accepted it's something they're going to get a couple times in life, it's probably not going to kill them.  I don't think it's a matter of deciding to "tackle the virus", the Philippines and US both need to realize that mandates and lockdowns won't protect them.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

I believe this 70% of the population has now been adjusted to 90%

4 hours ago, Puppythecat said:

.  I don't think it's a matter of deciding to "tackle the virus", the Philippines and US both need to realize that mandates and lockdowns won't protect them.

We don't have mandates or lockdowns where I live in Texas.  Philippines on the other hand has lockdowns, quarantines, curfews, liquor bans, travel bans, etc.  I think USA at least most of the USA has decided to live with Covid and move on with life.

Philippines on the other hand is clueless on how to handle the vaccine, so far their plan isn't working.

4 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

We don't have mandates or lockdowns where I live in Texas.  Philippines on the other hand has lockdowns, quarantines, curfews, liquor bans, travel bans, etc.  I think USA at least most of the USA has decided to live with Covid and move on with life.

Philippines on the other hand is clueless on how to handle the vaccine, so far their plan isn't working.

Let me rephrase the Philippines is clueless on how to handle Covid, So far their plan isn't working.

Ive had a few friends tell me that around Manila, you can only go into malls, restaurants, grocery stores, etc only if you are vaccinated and need to show proof of it.  Not sure how it works exactly, but appears to be an electronic app or QR code although I didnt ask for the details.  I heard not all places in Makati are asking for it yet, but it appears to be the trend.  This would match what most of Europe is doing.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

1 hour ago, flicks1998 said:

Ive had a few friends tell me that around Manila, you can only go into malls, restaurants, grocery stores, etc only if you are vaccinated and need to show proof of it.  Not sure how it works exactly, but appears to be an electronic app or QR code although I didnt ask for the details.  I heard not all places in Makati are asking for it yet, but it appears to be the trend.  This would match what most of Europe is doing.

Looks like if my wife and I go to visit her family next year and this trend continues we wont be going to malls, restaurants, ect. This vaccine passport nonsense is getting out of control.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
On 9/15/2021 at 7:50 AM, Joe Kano said:

Let me rephrase the Philippines is clueless on how to handle Covid, So far their plan isn't working.

The Philippines is clueless on a lot of things. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.