aerodnight

September 2021 I-130 filers

780 posts in this topic

It seems many of us get AR status and nothing changes for quite some time. I know people say it's normal but I believe a year or two ago, people usually get approval/rejection within a few days after they get AR. 

5 minutes ago, Road2K1 said:

It seems many of us get AR status and nothing changes for quite some time. I know people say it's normal but I believe a year or two ago, people usually get approval/rejection within a few days after they get AR. 

A couple of people get AR only once and are approved immediately. This usually happens at Nebraska from my reading around the forums.

Vermont right now appears to have a 2.5-3 month wait time after first AR notification although some people are approved after a month. 

Then we have some cases where people are put in AR a month after they submit the petition and they stay on AR for 7+ months, 

I wish we could create a spreadsheet detailing all the different events to see if there are any discernible patterns to the process. 

I feel like the submission of the I-129F also complicates the issue. But, I feel like the majority of people who submit an I-129F are approved in the 5-8 month window. 

41 minutes ago, Kor2USA said:

A couple of people get AR only once and are approved immediately. This usually happens at Nebraska from my reading around the forums.

Vermont right now appears to have a 2.5-3 month wait time after first AR notification although some people are approved after a month. 

Then we have some cases where people are put in AR a month after they submit the petition and they stay on AR for 7+ months, 

I wish we could create a spreadsheet detailing all the different events to see if there are any discernible patterns to the process. 

I feel like the submission of the I-129F also complicates the issue. But, I feel like the majority of people who submit an I-129F are approved in the 5-8 month window. 

I like the idea of creating spreadsheet. Why you feel submission of the I-129F complicates the issue? 

3 minutes ago, Road2K1 said:

I like the idea of creating spreadsheet. Why you feel submission of the I-129F complicates the issue? 

People send in the I-129F at different times. 

Some send in the I-129F right after they receive I-130 whilst others send it in after AR and others send it in after 8+ months of waiting. 

I've read in the past people only believe the hack works at Potomac. Others say you need to send in I-129F only after AR to have them approve your case and SC doesn't matter. Then I see some people send in I-129F and they are still waiting for approval after 5 months of AR. 

I think I-129F does help some cases but I also believe cases out of Nebraska aren't helped with filing I-129F because they will be approved after 3-5 months anyway. 

42 minutes ago, Kor2USA said:

Some send in the I-129F right after they receive I-130 whilst others send it in after AR and others send it in after 8+ months of waiting. 

I've read in the past people only believe the hack works at Potomac. Others say you need to send in I-129F only after AR to have them approve your case and SC doesn't matter. Then I see some people send in I-129F and they are still waiting for approval after 5 months of AR. 

I think I-129F does help some cases but I also believe cases out of Nebraska aren't helped with filing I-129F because they will be approved after 3-5 months anyway. 

I see. I've been thinking to submit I-129F, but I feel like not necessary at this time. Maybe just wait and be patient. People said USCIS has 90 days to approve/reject the petition after they send AR notification. Is that right? mine been 30 days so I hope soon will hear from them.

1 hour ago, Road2K1 said:

I see. I've been thinking to submit I-129F, but I feel like not necessary at this time. Maybe just wait and be patient. People said USCIS has 90 days to approve/reject the petition after they send AR notification. Is that right? mine been 30 days so I hope soon will hear from them.

I've seen cases at 100+ in active review. One poster was in AR from early 2021 and was only approved 2022. 

We are at 80 days right now so I'll report back in 11 days and tell you if we received our NOA2.  

Do you know which SC you're at? 

It would also be helpful if you update your profile as it still shows you are going through K1 process. 

39 minutes ago, Kor2USA said:

I've seen cases at 100+ in active review. One poster was in AR from early 2021 and was only approved 2022. 

We are at 80 days right now so I'll report back in 11 days and tell you if we received our NOA2.  

Do you know which SC you're at? 

It would also be helpful if you update your profile as it still shows you are going through K1 process. 

EMMA said Potomac. I tried to update once, but it seems I need to delete my K1 timeline process ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, Kor2USA said:

Can you please refer me to where the success with filing I-129F via Potomac is discussed? I'm also at Potomac, going to apply after AR, so based on what you've seen it seems pretty likely that it would help me. 

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

12 minutes ago, shytown said:

Can you please refer me to where the success with filing I-129F via Potomac is discussed? I'm also at Potomac, going to apply after AR, so based on what you've seen it seems pretty likely that it would help me. 

This was in a Facebook group. I joined a bunch of IR1/CR1 groups a few months back and there is a Potomac filers group where people discussed their success with K3s. 

I'm not sure if the hack still works as I am no longer on Facebook. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Kor2USA said:

This was in a Facebook group. I joined a bunch of IR1/CR1 groups a few months back and there is a Potomac filers group where people discussed their success with K3s. 

I'm not sure if the hack still works as I am no longer on Facebook. 

Oh good to know, thank you!

I-130 (Potomac)

NOA1: 09/11/2021

NOA2: 11/21/2022

(NVC + Frankfurt Consulate)

NVC Docs Submitted: 12/03/2022

DQ: 01/30/2023

Appointment: 03/14/2023

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I got another actively being reviewed today but when i opened the case status i say that we have been approved. Approved today. What a great way to end and start a new month!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Smile4rill1 said:

I got another actively being reviewed today but when i opened the case status i say that we have been approved. Approved today. What a great way to end and start a new month!

Congratulations!!! When did you get your first AR? What is your service center?

Edited by DanielEya

Timeline
1 minute ago, DanielEya said:

Congratulations!!! When did you get your first AR?

February 19th and another one today. I guess they wanted to say approved but I forgive them. 😆 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
1 minute ago, Smile4rill1 said:

February 19th and another one today. I guess they wanted to say approved but I forgive them. 😆 

That’s really good! Good luck with NVC! Things are moving good! What is your service center?

My first AR was a day after yours!

Timeline
Just now, DanielEya said:

That’s really good! Good luck with NVC! Things are moving good! What is your service center?

My first AR was a day after yours!

Nebraska 

Just now, Smile4rill1 said:

Nebraska 

Thank you very much. Waiting for everyone goodnews soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.