EdwardSnowden

CR1 & ROM

19 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, EdwardSnowden said:

An update on our status:

Completed an Online Marriage through Utah County. I was with my fiance in PH, and our witnesses were also in PH but at a different location, and obviously the offical was in Utah. Such a simple, easy and enjoyable process. Out of all steps, this was easiest. 

I took the step of getting parental consent as she's 20 years old. Her mom had to go to local city hall and get it witnessed by an official there. It was not needed by Utah, but I read that it will be required by CFO later, so didn't want to take a chance on that.

I had my assistant compiling documents for weeks, ordering new birth certificates, my original divorce decree, got the FEDEX from Utah Marriage Cert in like 3 days after the marriage. I followed all of the instructions in the video posted above about filing ROM with minor differences because Im here in PH. We sent the packet to San Francisco based on recommendation of @top_secret. SF consulate suggested we could do it locally in Mania, but we chose not to for a better chance of moving things along faster and getting the stamped application back sooner along with the original documents. Normally this ROM reporting might take 6-12 months, so hoping that the SF Consulate Official stamp on my application will be enough for CFO to accept it and grant a CFO certification. Seems we might need this CFO certification anyway, even if not headed to USA, but even a small trip to Thailand or whatever as so many of these ladies are getting offloaded, especially in covid days.

We've filed DCF a few days ago. I'll report in a few days our results on that. Hoping for a little bit of luck. 🙂

DCF? Emergency DCF in Philippines?

Last I read last year they stopped doing routine DCF.   Please keep us updated and good luck

I am also helping my step son file ROM and while the video is very thorough it is also a little misleading.  You do need 5 copies of the ROM form signed and notarized, you only need one original marriage certificate and you can use 4 copies.  The video said everything has to be original.  One thing great about Utah is they email a certified copy of the marriage certificate with Titan Seal.  It certifies the copy as a "trie and correct copy of the original".  

I followed the video and watched it a few times before looking into it myself.  It is easier than what is shown but it is a great introduction to the process.  San Francisco returns the original and the PSA copy takes about 6 months.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Timeline
15 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

DCF? Emergency DCF in Philippines?

Last I read last year they stopped doing routine DCF.   Please keep us updated and good luck

Yes, Emergency DCF in Manila. (Not routine, as you said, they've stopped with those)

We'll see if they will take my case. My attorney who's coordinated a few of these DCF's in the past few months tells me my odds are not good, but why not try? He says I should hear back any day now.

8 hours ago, EdwardSnowden said:

Yes, Emergency DCF in Manila. (Not routine, as you said, they've stopped with those)

We'll see if they will take my case. My attorney who's coordinated a few of these DCF's in the past few months tells me my odds are not good, but why not try? He says I should hear back any day now.

Good Luck I hope you get it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.