Googleguy

March-April-May 2020 Filers (merged)

32 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Guys,

i am exactly in the same situation that you and am so over this.

i talked to a tier two yesterday and she pretty much told me that the info pass appointment would be a waste of time because she said that the field office can’t do anything. And then she went on a place a service request to the field office for them to ask the nbc for my case (even though she said that it wouldn’t help). 
but I was using this app to look up i485 status of cases that are around me and EVERYONE is stuck at fingerprints were taken. (MSC209113xxxx on the picture)

what pisses me off the most is that cases that were filed exactly a year after are getting interview scheduled and living their best life. (MSC219113xxxx)

I told that to the tier 2 and she said that she understood my frustration.

anyway I’m in the process of writing a letter to my congressperson and I’ll be showing these data to her. Not sure that’ll help though.

the only thing I don’t get is that it’s not some people that applied in April May 2020 have gotten their card..

D643F1F6-7666-4851-AF25-5DB9B9C2A563.jpeg

069E0B4C-52E4-439C-AC37-F76E41D6EF8D.jpeg

Timeline
On 9/15/2021 at 1:33 PM, whatsawotsit said:

As a May 2020 filer, here's my experience:

I got a biometrics reuse notice in Aug 2020

Since then, nearly every time the expected processing window had elapsed, USCIS have extended that window!

Two exceptions - in late July 2021, my case was briefly outside normal processing times (before they changed the date again). Whilst I was outside the processing time, I created an SR. However, the window changed before the SR was answered, so I dont know if it made any difference. Here's what the response said:

"USCIS has reviewed your Service Request and determined that your application is currently in the pre-processing stage. After the pre-processing stage is complete, your file will be scheduled for an interview. No further action is required from you at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by delays in processing. ... If you do not receive a decision or notice of other action within 90 days, please contact the USCIS Contact Center "

So I waited. Again.

At the beginning of September 2021, my office (Memphis) had the processing date range reduced - again I was outside normal processing times! So I immediately created another SR.

Current status - no response on SR #2 yet, though Im still outside of normal processing (for now!). Case status is still "Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent" . Fingers crossed these dates mean anything - and that USCIS will address my case & SR.

Hi, did you end up receiving anything in response to your service request?

I’m in the same case and I feel like you have to have all the stars align for it to work. For example it will require them to DO THEIR JOB.

but you know it’s too much to ask for.

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ally&Axel said:

I’m in the same case and I feel like you have to have all the stars align for it to work. For example it will require them to DO THEIR JOB.

Agreed - the key here is for them to actively do their job ; As I mentioned on another thread , this needs to go out on Social Media / the press. 

There is no excuse for delaying a section of filers - it borderlines discrimination. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, roddie2k said:

Agreed - the key here is for them to actively do their job ; As I mentioned on another thread , this needs to go out on Social Media / the press. 

There is no excuse for delaying a section of filers - it borderlines discrimination. 

Absolutely agree, maybe the best is to sue them.

i really hope they sleep as bad as me at night.

I’m not sure how we could get to the press but I’d be happy to give a spicy statement.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ally&Axel said:

Absolutely agree, maybe the best is to sue them.

i really hope they sleep as bad as me at night.

I’m not sure how we could get to the press but I’d be happy to give a spicy statement.

Forum user @orangeal  from the May 2020 filers thread is starting an initiative where he is attempting to talk to the Miami Herald  and is on the lookout for individuals who are willing to talk to the reporter if needed. Headover to that thread /contact 

1 hour ago, Ally&Axel said:

Hi Ally&Axel / All

Did I receive anything in response? Sort of, but not really! After three weeks waiting for my Out-of-Processing-Time ticket #2, I was getting pretty fed up. I tried calling USCIS, but I didn't have hours at a time to spare waiting to speak to somebody (and hoping the agressive phone system didnt hang up on me). So instead I raised a message in MyUSCIS. UCSIS did respond to my message here, but they werent helpful. Firstly they said they did reply to my Out-of-Processing-Time ticket #2 (a lie - they did not!). Then they replied as follows (I've edited the end sections for brevity):

Thank you for your inquiry dated September 27, 2021.

Requesting information about your N-400, Application for Naturalization:

Our system shows that a Service Request was created for you on September 03, 2021 regarding the status of your N-400 application. Your Service Request was assigned to the Memphis Field Office and given Referral ID number SR##############.

The Memphis Field Office responded to your Service Request on September 07, 2021. Their response stated:

Thnk you for contacting USCIS concerning the above-referenced application. Below is a summary of what we have found and how the issue has been resolved or additional actions required. What We Have Done USCIS has reviewed your Service Request. According to USCIS records, we are unable to move forward with your application until the required background checks have been completed. At this time, we are unable to determine when the adjudication of your case will be completed and no further action is required from you. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by delays in processing. What You Can Do In the interim, if you need to replace or renew an existing Permanent Resident Card, please refer to the Form I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card) instructions for further information.

If you need more assistance with your USCIS online filing system account, please submit another inquiry... yada yada

If you move remember to update your address ... yada yada
If you have any other questions, please visit the USCIS Contact Center... yada yada

So the pertinent line is According to USCIS records, we are unable to move forward with your application until the required background checks have been completed. At this time, we are unable to determine when the adjudication of your case will be completed - What? Havent completed background checks? Isnt that like step #2 in the whole saga, coming after receipt of a petition? Are they freaking kidding?

Clearly nobody is taking this seriously. So I have written to my congress member, for the good that will do. In fairness, his office got on to this quickly, but USCIS immediately started being difficult, complaining the authorization form for my Congress members office was too faint (seriously, it was not - Mr. Magoo could have read it!). A second form was submitted - we'll see if this all helps.

So that's where I am. If I dont get even an acknowledgement of the farcical situation from USCIS, I guess the ombudsman is next. Nobody at USCIS is taking responsibility for this "Spring 2020 filers" debacle, and this needs to be fixed.

Timeline

Someone wrote writing to the new Secretary of DHS might help bring light to the situation. 

His email address is here : https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-78594

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
32 minutes ago, whatsawotsit said:

So the pertinent line is According to USCIS records, we are unable to move forward with your application until the required background checks have been completed. At this time, we are unable to determine when the adjudication of your case will be completed - What? Havent completed background checks? Isnt that like step #2 in the whole saga, coming after receipt of a petition? Are they freaking kidding?

This is insanity. I was an April 2020 filer. Thankfully my husband's case moved along after I contacted senator's offices. I can't say for sure it had any affect though, it just seemed like the case started updating after I contacted them. Absolutely do contact the ombudsman. Exhaust all possibilities.

Edited by millefleur

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

• millefleur changed the title to March-April-May 2020 Filers (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline