Googleguy

March-April-May 2020 Filers (merged)

32 posts in this topic

Good evening friends,

As many of you know who file late March, April and early May filers cases are still waiting for no reason. Some of the aplicants created a service request for outside processing time. Some of them get results and some of them are still waiting to solve this issue. I thought we can share our experiences and action steps to help each other. I am a Houston April filer and waiting to create a service request. Houston’s processing time is 14-19,5 months at this moment. 

Can you please share your experiences?

thank y’all.

As a May 2020 filer, here's my experience:

I got a biometrics reuse notice in Aug 2020

Since then, nearly every time the expected processing window had elapsed, USCIS have extended that window!

Two exceptions - in late July 2021, my case was briefly outside normal processing times (before they changed the date again). Whilst I was outside the processing time, I created an SR. However, the window changed before the SR was answered, so I dont know if it made any difference. Here's what the response said:

"USCIS has reviewed your Service Request and determined that your application is currently in the pre-processing stage. After the pre-processing stage is complete, your file will be scheduled for an interview. No further action is required from you at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by delays in processing. ... If you do not receive a decision or notice of other action within 90 days, please contact the USCIS Contact Center "

So I waited. Again.

At the beginning of September 2021, my office (Memphis) had the processing date range reduced - again I was outside normal processing times! So I immediately created another SR.

Current status - no response on SR #2 yet, though Im still outside of normal processing (for now!). Case status is still "Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent" . Fingers crossed these dates mean anything - and that USCIS will address my case & SR.

• 1 month later...

It has been 547 days since i filled my N400 application in Florida, Tampa area. With the exception of receiving a biometrics reuse 01/2021 I heard absolutely nothing but bogus excuses that they give when you file the " past the processing time" form stating that your case is in the pre processing stage. For 6 months now  I hear the same nonsense and nothing more. I requested to speak with the higher level officer still waiting to hear back but I'm not holding my breath. 

I've held a green card since 2007 and I have a clean record this is why I feel completely perplexed considering they are processing July cases now.

Are any of you dealing with this and what actions are you taking or took to help you. 

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
10 hours ago, Linamona said:

It has been 547 days since i filled my N400 application in Florida, Tampa area. With the exception of receiving a biometrics reuse 01/2021 I heard absolutely nothing but bogus excuses that they give when you file the " past the processing time" form stating that your case is in the pre processing stage. For 6 months now  I hear the same nonsense and nothing more. I requested to speak with the higher level officer still waiting to hear back but I'm not holding my breath. 

I've held a green card since 2007 and I have a clean record this is why I feel completely perplexed considering they are processing July cases now.

Are any of you dealing with this and what actions are you taking or took to help you. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/770600-march-april-may-2020-filers/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Linamona said:

Hi Lina, 

I filed in May, received my bio reuse Jan 20, 2021 and am in my 17th month of waiting for an interview date.  I have had my GC since 2009 and because of the delays have had to get an I551 GC extension stamp (1yr). 

My case has passed the "normal processing time" twice and the first time the time posted increased the next day... this time I am definitely outside.  I  put in a message request through my USCIS portal and received a reply "A file request has been initiated. Once the file is received, we will schedule the interview. ".

I have also contacted my Ombudsman and another VJ'er suggested contacting the White house.  I think the only thing we can do is be persistent on following up with USCIS, Ombudsman etc..... 

On 10/16/2021 at 12:39 PM, STurcotte77 said:

Hi Lina, 

I filed in May, received my bio reuse Jan 20, 2021 and am in my 17th month of waiting for an interview date.  I have had my GC since 2009 and because of the delays have had to get an I551 GC extension stamp (1yr). 

My case has passed the "normal processing time" twice and the first time the time posted increased the next day... this time I am definitely outside.  I  put in a message request through my USCIS portal and received a reply "A file request has been initiated. Once the file is received, we will schedule the interview. ".

I have also contacted my Ombudsman and another VJ'er suggested contacting the White house.  I think the only thing we can do is be persistent on following up with USCIS, Ombudsman etc..... 

unfortunately my field office is completely out of touch with reality and they don't know where my file is. It is unbelievable.I contacted both and got no response just yet.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Linamona said:

unfortunately my field office is completely out of touch with reality and they don't know where my file is. It is unbelievable.I contacted both and got no response just yet.

Yeah!  this is just speculation on my part, but I think some of our files never even made it to the local USCIS office.  The only thing we can do is just keep calling and emailing to try to get some movement. 

I will be putting in an Infopass appointment soon to see if I can get some answers (I doubt it), but just trying to do everything I can. I really am hoping I can an interview date before my extension stamp runs out next year. 

2 hours ago, Linamona said:

17 minutes ago, STurcotte77 said:

Yeah!  this is just speculation on my part, but I think some of our files never even made it to the local USCIS office.  The only thing we can do is just keep calling and emailing to try to get some movement. 

I will be putting in an Infopass appointment soon to see if I can get some answers (I doubt it), but just trying to do everything I can. I really am hoping I can an interview date before my extension stamp runs out next year. 

I hope you get an interview way before then, this is absolutely ridiculous and it feels like we are in the third world country. We all have to go back to our jobs yet these people think that it's OK to keep people in the limbo especially when some of us work for a government and we need to get our passports or have a valid green card otherwise our jobs are done

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Yes, and not only those cases from 2020, also anything related to some A-files locked at the Federal Records Centers:

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
12 hours ago, Coco&Kitten said:

Yes, and not only those cases from 2020, also anything related to some A-files locked at the Federal Records Centers:

Yes - and this makes me wonder - the FRC stores A-files for people who applied in 2021/ 2020 and the years before . What is the logic behind saying that only files of folks who applied  in April/May  20202 are locked up and cannot be retrieved from these facilities .

I don't buy it. This has to be escalated 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
8 hours ago, roddie2k said:

Yes - and this makes me wonder - the FRC stores A-files for people who applied in 2021/ 2020 and the years before . What is the logic behind saying that only files of folks who applied  in April/May  20202 are locked up and cannot be retrieved from these facilities .

I don't buy it. This has to be escalated 

Exactly, totally agree with you, I don't buy it either.  I think this extends to any of us who have old A-files (for whatever reason: long time here in the US, older visas, etc...).  It should be fixed and escalated, you are absolutely right.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Coco&Kitten said:

Exactly, totally agree with you, I don't buy it either.  I think this extends to any of us who have old A-files (for whatever reason: long time here in the US, older visas, etc...).  It should be fixed and escalated, you are absolutely right.

Hmm.  I wonder if that's it!   I waited (like an idiot, I see now) to file on year 9 of my GC just because I didn't want to deal with immigration till I had too.  TBH honest at this point I just feel like renewing my  green card and doing a name change. It seems it will be easier than waiting to try to find out where my file is.  I mean I am now going on month 18 of waiting.  And the Holidays are coming which everything slows down even more. 

3 hours ago, STurcotte77 said:

Hmm.  I wonder if that's it!   I waited (like an idiot, I see now) to file on year 9 of my GC just because I didn't want to deal with immigration till I had too.  TBH honest at this point I just feel like renewing my  green card and doing a name change. It seems it will be easier than waiting to try to find out where my file is.  I mean I am now going on month 18 of waiting.  And the Holidays are coming which everything slows down even more. 

For all of you that doubted that our files are actually stuck in the national benefit center , doubt no more, because that is in fact true according to a USCIS officer II that just called me to tell me that and he apologized profusely and said that it is absolutely ridiculous how long I have been waiting for the process to conclude and for no fault of my own. It has been 560 days now and he said that it will probably take a long time after this because nobody is retrieving any documents from the pile just yet But proceeded to make a request with the national benefit center in hopes that they get off their chair and do their job. 

C47FF09A-5219-4981-9ECE-666D39763748.thumb.png.459f701bb147cba288293a44971586d7.pngThis is so frustrating and absolutely ridiculous

Edited by Linamona

2 minutes ago, Linamona said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebeFor all of you that doubted that our files are actually stuck in the national benefit center , doubt no more, because that is in fact true according to a USCIS officer II that just called me to tell me that and he apologized profusely and said that it is absolutely ridiculous how long I have been waiting for the process to conclude and for no fault of my own. It has been 560 days now and he said that it will probably take a long time after this because nobody is retrieving any documents from the pile just yet But proceeded to make a request with the national benefit center in hopes that they get off their chair and do their job. 

C47FF09A-5219-4981-9ECE-666D39763748.thumb.png.459f701bb147cba288293a44971586d7.pngThis is so frustrating and absolutely ridiculous

10349B97-162C-49D1-8C33-95A58309CCD7.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.