micky7

September 2021 - AOS Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Pizookie said:

Thanks for that info! Is your case IOE091348xxxx or 1347xxxx? Mine is 1349, so I can hopefully expect something soon. Did you see if any changed to "interview ready to be scheduled" or just RFEs?

Hello! It’s actually a 1346xxxx. No case is ready to be scheduled for an interview, according to Lawfully that’ll come like 2 months after bio- probably because they send the non-rfed ones to the field offices around the country. Fingers crossed for no rfe these days 🤞🏻

An update on my progress - I received an RFE today for my long-form birth certificate, despite this being included in the original packet AND being part of the files scanned and uploaded to my account by USCIS.

Based on other forums and groups that I'm in, lots of September K-1 filers are receiving the same RFE.

The RFE letter states that "You must either mail the requested information to the address shown below or scan and upload your response using your USCIS online account (if applicable)", and there is an option to respond with evidence via my USCIS online account.

Is it really as straightforward as just uploading a PDF of my birth certificate scan to my account? And are there any theories on why so many September filers are getting this RFE?

Edited by Alchanphel

15 minutes ago, Alchanphel said:

An update on my progress - I received an RFE today for my long-form birth certificate, despite this being included in the original packet AND being part of the files scanned and uploaded to my account by USCIS.

Based on other forums and groups that I'm in, lots of September K-1 filers are receiving the same RFE.

The RFE letter states that "You must either mail the requested information to the address shown below or scan and upload your response using your USCIS online account (if applicable)", and there is an option to respond with evidence via my USCIS online account.

Is it really as straightforward as just uploading a PDF of my birth certificate scan to my account? And are there any theories on why so many September filers are getting this RFE?

Considering you sent the document listed on the US reciprocity website, translated if applicable, the only option left is to send it again. I saw many pointless rfes lately! You got this! 

Edited by AndrAlb

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Alchanphel said:

Dang, that sucks. I've seen similar stuff before where people can see the files uploaded by USCIS in their account, but still got the RFE. I think it is pretty straightforward, just follow their instructions and wait for the response on the RFE.

If you don't mind, what's the general range of your case number?; from the commenters above it looks like around IOE091348xxxx is where they are currently reviewing. Is yours around here? Mine's around IOE091364xxxx, so just wanted to get an idea.

Marriage to USC (H1b to GC)

9/07: Submitted I-130 and I130A online
09/14: Received NOA for I-130 in mail
9/24: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-765
9/27: Delivered to USCIS Chicago and signed by Chyba
09/29: Text messages for application
10/7: (2) NOA's for I-485 and I-765 received in mail

10/16: Online status changed to "biometrics scheduled". Bio on 11/09.

11/04: RFE received for Birth certificate

11/05: Uploaded RFE response. Status changed to "we have received RFE response"

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

USCIS sent me RFIE for i-864, even though I already submitted it and it's correct. In my online account, they didn't upload the i-864 form, only the supporting document. Maybe they lost it? So I talked to a lawyer, she said it's mostly USCIS mistake and told me to resubmit the i-864 form again with same supporting tax documents but with updated pay stubs. Little bit annoyed but whatever, gonna resubmit it again soon.

10 minutes ago, JandK24 said:

USCIS sent me RFIE for i-864, even though I already submitted it and it's correct. In my online account, they didn't upload the i-864 form, only the supporting document. Maybe they lost it? So I talked to a lawyer, she said it's mostly USCIS mistake and told me to resubmit the i-864 form again with same supporting tax documents but with updated pay stubs. Little bit annoyed but whatever, gonna resubmit it again soon.

Hey! I remember we have similar timelines. My PD is 9/15. My case number is IOE0913498XXX, but no action for nearby cases. Wondering what yours is after 134ABXXX, ie A and B? 

Also it'd be great if you can add your info to the timeline function so it helps others know where your field office is 😅

Removal of Conditions (tbd)
2/6/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/7/24: delivered and signed for

2/9/24: text message with IOE receipt number received at 12:26pm

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

Adjustment of Status (5 months)
9/13/21: AOS packet shipped via FedEx

9/15/21: delivered and signed for

9/17/21: 4 text messages with IOE receipt numbers received at 8:45pm

9/24/21: Received 4 receipt notices in the mail and online access code

9/25/21: Biometrics scheduled for Philadelphia, ASC

10/18/21: Biometrics appointment completed for I-485 and I-765 (Code 3)
10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

2/7/22: I-485 approved

2/12/22: I-797 approval notice received for I-485 and I-130

2/15/22: Green card delivered by USPS

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Pizookie said:

Hey! I remember we have similar timelines. My PD is 9/15. My case number is IOE0913498XXX, but no action for nearby cases. Wondering what yours is after 134ABXXX, ie A and B? 

Also it'd be great if you can add your info to the timeline function so it helps others know where your field office is 😅

I'm in Sacramento, CA

Case number: IOE0913454XXX

Timeline:

Sept 13: Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Sept 15: NOAs via text

Sept 16: Checks cashed 

Sept 20: NOAs in the mail

Sept 24: Biometrics scheduled 

Oct 4: Biometrics appointment notice in the mail. 

Oct 22: Biometrics appointment 

Oct 23: case is being actively reviewed by USCIS (I-485, I-765)

Oct 27: Request for initial evidence 

1 minute ago, JandK24 said:

I'm in Sacramento, CA

Case number: IOE0913454XXX

Timeline:

Sept 13: Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Sept 15: NOAs via text

Sept 16: Checks cashed 

Sept 20: NOAs in the mail

Sept 24: Biometrics scheduled 

Oct 4: Biometrics appointment notice in the mail. 

Oct 22: Biometrics appointment 

Oct 23: case is being actively reviewed by USCIS (I-485, I-765)

Oct 27: Request for initial evidence 

Thanks!

And sorry I meant the "Timeline" function on Visa Journey. For example if you click on my name and scroll to the bottom there's a link that says "Timeline". Not sure if you know about that?

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Pizookie said:

Thanks!

And sorry I meant the "Timeline" function on Visa Journey. For example if you click on my name and scroll to the bottom there's a link that says "Timeline". Not sure if you know about that?

I created my timeline finally!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Alchanphel said:

I recently heard of a similar case after the interview they got RFE'd for a long form birth but it was already included in the original submission packet and uploaded on the myuscis account. The beneficiary contacted them and said it was already there and she could see it on her online account and after that her case status changed to new card being produced. 

So I would think it's fine to go ahead and upload it again or contact them and have them take another look because it is already uploaded. 

"His march to greatness was not without disastrous stumbling" - Lewis Sinclair

Concurrent filing along with I-130, I-765, I-131

09/11/2021 - Mailed off package
09/14/2021 - Package delivered to lockbox  
09/17/2021 - Bank Acct. debited in the amounts of $1225 and $535
09/17/2021 - Received 3 SMS messages with Receipt Numbers @ 8:52PM
09/23/2021 - Received Form I-797C in mailbox with Notice Date of 09/16/2021
09/24/2021 - Received notice that Biometrics Appointment date has been scheduled
09/25/2021 - My wife received Form I-797C Notice of Action via USPS which included the online access code
10/01/2021 - Biometrics NOA arrived in mailbox
10/18/2021 - Biometrics Completed ( Case Status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed")

04/06/2022 - EAD Card Is Being Produced

04/08/2022 - EAD Card Was Produced 

04/11/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By USPS

04/12/2022 - SS Card was delivered  to me

04/13/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By Post Office

09/01/2022 - I-131 Case Approved

09/02/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Was Produced

09/06/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Received

10/26/2022 - Interview Was Scheduled

11/29/2022 - Interview Completed (No Decision)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I had my biometrics appointment today (NOA date was September 29). It was simple and straightforward, thankfully. I was in and out in 15 minutes or so. Case number is IOE091364XXXX in case anyone is interested.

Like others, the case status for I-485 and I-765 immediately changed to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS" after the appointment. Now for the part I'm really not looking forward to: the long wait. Hopefully it's not too long, and I hope everyone else's cases move along speedily!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i485 received at Chicago office: September, 30th

check cashed: October, 25th

NOA received: October, 28th

8 hours ago, Pizookie said:

Omg omg omg. Sorry I'm just so excited. I have a very complicated immigration history (no overstays but multiple visas and even a green card as a child — ask me about it over drinks 😜), and I was worried a lot about an RFE

Thanks to @JandK24 for the tip. I added a few cases around mine to the tracking interface on the Case Tracker app. I checked 500 cases before mine and there were RFEs, but 500 above mine had none. Tonight I got an update that some cases way above mine were RFEd. 

After double checking, I logged in to my account and didn't see any status change. But when I went to "my documents" for my I-485, I saw a new document called, "Courtesy letter to applicant." I click on it and lo- and behold it's the I-693 deficiency notice. 

Safe to say I won't be getting any RFEs from NBC (that would just be a very inefficient process...). But slight chance I could get one from my FO. 

I also noticed no IOE cases change to "case is ready to be scheduled for interview" but go directly from "USCIS is processing your case" to "interview scheduled." 

My FO is still interviewing people with an April 2021 PD. So now the wait begins...

I got this update 10 days after my biometrics.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

We had a biometrics appointment today. Our NOA date is September 24th.

It was simple. I was expecting a busier office buy the place was empty. Only had two stations operating.

Case number is IOE091361XXXX in case anyone is interested.

Like others our case status also changed to being "actively reviewed".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.