micky7

September 2021 - AOS Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

My biometrics was scheduled over the weekend! I've been using the "case tracker" app others have said (with notifications turned on!!), and it didn't notify me. I checked my.uscis today which I've only done once every 1-2 weeks since I created it and there it was! Just in case anyone was relying too heavily on 3rd party apps like I was haha. 

Sent: 09/07/21

Delivered: 09/09/21

Texts: 09/12/21

NOA1/Online Code: 09/15/21

Biometrics Apt: 11/17/21

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Happy for the recent updates everyone! Hope things keep moving for all of us :)

Marriage to USC (H1b to GC)

9/07: Submitted I-130 and I130A online
09/14: Received NOA for I-130 in mail
9/24: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-765
9/27: Delivered to USCIS Chicago and signed by Chyba
09/29: Text messages for application
10/7: (2) NOA's for I-485 and I-765 received in mail

10/16: Online status changed to "biometrics scheduled". Bio on 11/09.

11/04: RFE received for Birth certificate

11/05: Uploaded RFE response. Status changed to "we have received RFE response"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, micky7 said:

yay!! Happy for you - that must be a very big relief!!

thanks. it was a bit complicated. i was definitely relieved but i also was relying on my own mental defense skills that i have developed dealing with uscis over a long period of time (20 years to be exact). so it helped. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, kline19 said:

thanks. it was a bit complicated. i was definitely relieved but i also was relying on my own mental defense skills that i have developed dealing with uscis over a long period of time (20 years to be exact). so it helped. 

hahaha yes - I feel you on that one! 

Sent: 09/07/21

Delivered: 09/09/21

Texts: 09/12/21

NOA1/Online Code: 09/15/21

Biometrics Apt: 11/17/21

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Glad so many folks here are getting their biometrics scheduled. I had my biometrics done last Friday. It was slow and the line was long. Their system had a hard time reading people’s fingerprints. I had multiple attempts until they finally accepted my fingerprints. The next day status changed to “case is being actively reviewed by USCIS” for I-485 and I-765.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

a (academic) question on checks:

In my bank info, it is showing an entity USCIS Chicago that cashed the check. Do other people see USCIS Chicago listed as the entity receiving the money on their bank statements? For online USCIS, uses some kind of ELIS entity that takes the money on behalf of USCIS.

27 minutes ago, kline19 said:

a (academic) question on checks:

In my bank info, it is showing an entity USCIS Chicago that cashed the check. Do other people see USCIS Chicago listed as the entity receiving the money on their bank statements? For online USCIS, uses some kind of ELIS entity that takes the money on behalf of USCIS.

For my bank ac also same narration was shown.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hey guys! I had my bio appointment this morning. Just posting to share my experience. The ASC was located in Riverside, CA just 7 minutes away from my apartment. The appointment was scheduled for 10am and I arrived at 9:51am. I walked up to the door and was greeted by one of the staff members who checked my appointment notice and asked to see my ID. Afterwards, I was directed to the front desk receptionist who also verified the documents, stamped my appointment letter, assigned me a number then directed me to the back lobby where there were 3 other persons seated and waiting. There was just one teller operating at that time even though there were 8 booths total. My number was called at 10:05. I was instructed to remove my mask and my glasses, had my picture and fingerprints taken and that was it. I was back in my car by 10:10. I immediately checked my case statuses and the I-485 and I-765 both changed to "case being actively reviewed by USCIS". No update for I-131. Pretty quick and painless overall! One thing I did note was that the person ahead of me had to go to the restroom to wash the lotion off of their hands. I guess they had some issues getting the prints taken. So don't wear lotion or anything similar that might interfere with the process! Now we wait 🤞😬

F1 Visa since 2014

Married USC 06/2021 - first marriage for both of us, no dependents

AOS timeline:

9/18 - Filed I-130 online, PD 9/19/21, NOA1 received same day

9/20 - Mailed I-485, I-693, I-864, I-131, I-765

9/22 - USPS delivers packet

9/25 - NOA1 for I-130 in mail

9/26 - SMS receipts for I-485, I-131, I-765 with receipt numbers

9/28 - Money orders cashed

9/30 - NOA1s for I-485, I-131, I-765 received in mail

10/2 - Biometrics scheduled (case status updated online)

10/3 - Received online access code in mail as well as assigned A#. Biometric appointment scheduled for 10/27

10/12 - Biometrics notice received in mail

10/27 - Biometrics taken, Case status for I-485 and I-765 changed to “Case is actively being reviewed by USCIS”

5/20/21 - EAD/AP Combo Card approval and being produced

5/25 - EAD/AP Combo Card produced

11/5 - I-130 Petition approved

11/7 - RFE for better copy of birth certificate. Response submitted the same day

01/09/23 - Submitted service request for RFE since >60 days 

01/10 - Case approved!! 

25 minutes ago, The.locd.doc said:

Hey guys! I had my bio appointment this morning. Just posting to share my experience. The ASC was located in Riverside, CA just 7 minutes away from my apartment. The appointment was scheduled for 10am and I arrived at 9:51am. I walked up to the door and was greeted by one of the staff members who checked my appointment notice and asked to see my ID. Afterwards, I was directed to the front desk receptionist who also verified the documents, stamped my appointment letter, assigned me a number then directed me to the back lobby where there were 3 other persons seated and waiting. There was just one teller operating at that time even though there were 8 booths total. My number was called at 10:05. I was instructed to remove my mask and my glasses, had my picture and fingerprints taken and that was it. I was back in my car by 10:10. I immediately checked my case statuses and the I-485 and I-765 both changed to "case being actively reviewed by USCIS". No update for I-131. Pretty quick and painless overall! One thing I did note was that the person ahead of me had to go to the restroom to wash the lotion off of their hands. I guess they had some issues getting the prints taken. So don't wear lotion or anything similar that might interfere with the process! Now we wait 🤞😬

Congratulations, one more step done. I have that status for almost 2 weeks and nothing is going on 😅 I think the hard wait begins 😩 hopefully not. 

34 minutes ago, The.locd.doc said:

Congratulations! What documents did they ask for verification? My local FO is loaded so no biometrics  notification yet.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
39 minutes ago, gamma50g said:

Congratulations! What documents did they ask for verification? My local FO is loaded so no biometrics  notification yet.

Hopefully it does come through soon! But all I needed was the appointment notice and my drivers license as photo ID. I took my passport just in case as well but it wasn’t needed

F1 Visa since 2014

Married USC 06/2021 - first marriage for both of us, no dependents

AOS timeline:

9/18 - Filed I-130 online, PD 9/19/21, NOA1 received same day

9/20 - Mailed I-485, I-693, I-864, I-131, I-765

9/22 - USPS delivers packet

9/25 - NOA1 for I-130 in mail

9/26 - SMS receipts for I-485, I-131, I-765 with receipt numbers

9/28 - Money orders cashed

9/30 - NOA1s for I-485, I-131, I-765 received in mail

10/2 - Biometrics scheduled (case status updated online)

10/3 - Received online access code in mail as well as assigned A#. Biometric appointment scheduled for 10/27

10/12 - Biometrics notice received in mail

10/27 - Biometrics taken, Case status for I-485 and I-765 changed to “Case is actively being reviewed by USCIS”

5/20/21 - EAD/AP Combo Card approval and being produced

5/25 - EAD/AP Combo Card produced

11/5 - I-130 Petition approved

11/7 - RFE for better copy of birth certificate. Response submitted the same day

01/09/23 - Submitted service request for RFE since >60 days 

01/10 - Case approved!! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, The.locd.doc said:

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing your experience!! ;) 

3 hours ago, AndrAlb said:

Just a general update: I randomly checked case tracker and around my number I saw a bunch of issued Requests for Initial Evidence dated 27 Oct.  IOE0913469481

Thanks for that info! Is your case IOE091348xxxx or 1347xxxx? Mine is 1349, so I can hopefully expect something soon. Did you see if any changed to "interview ready to be scheduled" or just RFEs?

Removal of Conditions (tbd)
2/6/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/7/24: delivered and signed for

2/9/24: text message with IOE receipt number received at 12:26pm

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

Adjustment of Status (5 months)
9/13/21: AOS packet shipped via FedEx

9/15/21: delivered and signed for

9/17/21: 4 text messages with IOE receipt numbers received at 8:45pm

9/24/21: Received 4 receipt notices in the mail and online access code

9/25/21: Biometrics scheduled for Philadelphia, ASC

10/18/21: Biometrics appointment completed for I-485 and I-765 (Code 3)
10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

2/7/22: I-485 approved

2/12/22: I-797 approval notice received for I-485 and I-130

2/15/22: Green card delivered by USPS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.