micky7

September 2021 - AOS Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ltlbnna said:

Oooohhhhhh i have a plan… lol 

i will submit my medical even if its not been requested yet - this is to prompt them to open my case, maybe they will be more inclined to work on it… lol 

i don’t know if it will work but hey, better i send ahead vs. Getting rfe for it right?? 
lol

Don't send anything unless they ask you to. If you're case is marriage I-485, you will get a deficiency notice for your medical, not an RFE. You have to bring your medical to the interview. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, kline19 said:

I am not sure if this was in jest but in my amateurish opinion, there is no way to submit physical anything unless they RFE you. Sending unsolicited stuff to USCIS may result in them losing 

Nope, wasn’t kidding at all. Trying to figure out if being proactive helps. I just read up on it some more and seems like its not going to be an option as USCIS doesn’t like unsolicited documents sent without reason. 
i thought i read somewhere in reddit people doing that as a way of completing their docs and prompting action… this forum is a way for all of us to share thoughts and questions so suppose thats what i wanted to do.. bounce my ideas off others see where it lands! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
14 minutes ago, ltlbnna said:

Oooohhhhhh i have a plan… lol 

i will submit my medical even if its not been requested yet - this is to prompt them to open my case, maybe they will be more inclined to work on it… lol 

i don’t know if it will work but hey, better i send ahead vs. Getting rfe for it right?? 
lol

10 minutes ago, kline19 said:

I am not sure if this was in jest but in my amateurish opinion, there is no way to submit physical anything unless they RFE you. Sending unsolicited stuff to USCIS may result in them losing it. 

I was kinda thinking this as well ^ I was just about to ask how you would submit it? Since your actual file isn’t at the lockbox anymore and you can’t open the file from the doctor to scan and upload it. Right? 

F1 Visa since 2014

Married USC 06/2021 - first marriage for both of us, no dependents

AOS timeline:

9/18 - Filed I-130 online, PD 9/19/21, NOA1 received same day

9/20 - Mailed I-485, I-693, I-864, I-131, I-765

9/22 - USPS delivers packet

9/25 - NOA1 for I-130 in mail

9/26 - SMS receipts for I-485, I-131, I-765 with receipt numbers

9/28 - Money orders cashed

9/30 - NOA1s for I-485, I-131, I-765 received in mail

10/2 - Biometrics scheduled (case status updated online)

10/3 - Received online access code in mail as well as assigned A#. Biometric appointment scheduled for 10/27

10/12 - Biometrics notice received in mail

10/27 - Biometrics taken, Case status for I-485 and I-765 changed to “Case is actively being reviewed by USCIS”

5/20/21 - EAD/AP Combo Card approval and being produced

5/25 - EAD/AP Combo Card produced

11/5 - I-130 Petition approved

11/7 - RFE for better copy of birth certificate. Response submitted the same day

01/09/23 - Submitted service request for RFE since >60 days 

01/10 - Case approved!! 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, The.locd.doc said:

I was kinda thinking this as well ^ I was just about to ask how you would submit it? Since your actual file isn’t at the lockbox anymore and you can’t open the file from the doctor to scan and upload it. Right? 

Lol good point havent thought through the logistics! Oh well, scratch the idea! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
12 minutes ago, ltlbnna said:

Lol good point havent thought through the logistics! Oh well, scratch the idea! 

Haha love the forward thinking though! You miss every shot you don’t take lol 😂 

F1 Visa since 2014

Married USC 06/2021 - first marriage for both of us, no dependents

AOS timeline:

9/18 - Filed I-130 online, PD 9/19/21, NOA1 received same day

9/20 - Mailed I-485, I-693, I-864, I-131, I-765

9/22 - USPS delivers packet

9/25 - NOA1 for I-130 in mail

9/26 - SMS receipts for I-485, I-131, I-765 with receipt numbers

9/28 - Money orders cashed

9/30 - NOA1s for I-485, I-131, I-765 received in mail

10/2 - Biometrics scheduled (case status updated online)

10/3 - Received online access code in mail as well as assigned A#. Biometric appointment scheduled for 10/27

10/12 - Biometrics notice received in mail

10/27 - Biometrics taken, Case status for I-485 and I-765 changed to “Case is actively being reviewed by USCIS”

5/20/21 - EAD/AP Combo Card approval and being produced

5/25 - EAD/AP Combo Card produced

11/5 - I-130 Petition approved

11/7 - RFE for better copy of birth certificate. Response submitted the same day

01/09/23 - Submitted service request for RFE since >60 days 

01/10 - Case approved!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, gamma50g said:

Thats mine too!! Good to know someone with the same FO. Yes San Jose FO is one of the slowest even as compared to SFO since their caseload is horrific.

I applied for AoS for my parent. Application reached Chicago lockbox on Sept 24 and got text notification of receipts last Friday.

Same here, really good to know someone here with the same FO. I saw it somewhere here that mentions Sacramento FO is also horrendously slow. Seems like we don't have a lot of luck in California.

It's ridiculous it took them almost a month to just acknowledge they got your documents. I got my receipts and access code within the timeframe indicated by the majority of other September filers but that's pretty much it.

1 hour ago, Azsxd said:

Same here, really good to know someone here with the same FO. I saw it somewhere here that mentions Sacramento FO is also horrendously slow. Seems like we don't have a lot of luck in California.

It's ridiculous it took them almost a month to just acknowledge they got your documents. I got my receipts and access code within the timeframe indicated by the majority of other September filers but that's pretty much it.

From other people who filed EB green card with San Jose FO their biometrics came about 3 to 4 months after their receipt.

It may be slower for me because its AoS of family.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
18 hours ago, googly3 said:

Hey, good to see a fellow New Englander! I'm actually an hour over in CT (address of my I-485), but my wife is in Boston (address in I-130), so I was surprised to get it biometrics in MA, since we have a field office in Hartford, CT too.

I was hoping to get the I-765 first so I can apply for a new job in the Boston area  and move in together (currently on H1b so it's extra work to switch jobs), but seeing how things are moving the last few months, we might get the interview before we get the I-765 (fingers crossed), will have some explaining to do lol.

haha I know - I thought I was the only one here! My husband is a CT boy. 

I feel you on the visa thing, I'm on an E3 which is like a paperwork free H1b lol. Fingers crossed your WA comes through asap, I'm ready to change roles as well!!

Sent: 09/07/21

Delivered: 09/09/21

Texts: 09/12/21

NOA1/Online Code: 09/15/21

Biometrics Apt: 11/17/21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

emailed the staff of local congressperson last night to contact uscis about the package. let's see if they get back to me quickly. 

52 minutes ago, kline19 said:

emailed the staff of local congressperson last night to contact uscis about the package. let's see if they get back to me quickly. 

Oh no. You still did not get your receipts? I thought you must have...Good luck to you and I hope you get something soon. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
23 hours ago, gamma50g said:

Oh no. You still did not get your receipts? I thought you must have...Good luck to you and I hope you get something soon. 

thanks. i am hoping that uscis get its act together and process it in the next week. i-94 is expiring in two weeks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 10/9/2021 at 5:06 PM, ltlbnna said:

I think @Pizookie shared cleveland timelines and it seems all get their biometrics months and months later than most people… idk. Just

crossing my fingers it comes soon! 

p.s. Is my story showing here? Lol i just posted per others’ post lol

Im in Maryland. I didnt know which location to follow up on. I check my app periodically and this morning it updated to biometrics appointment scheduled and they will mail the document. I logged into the myuscis app and see the electronic document anyway and it was scheduled for 11/17. So 2 months over here🥲 but happy That Im finally on track with everyone else lol. I

hope you got your letter too!

Timeline
2 hours ago, callmeshelle said:

Im in Maryland. I didnt know which location to follow up on. I check my app periodically and this morning it updated to biometrics appointment scheduled and they will mail the document. I logged into the myuscis app and see the electronic document anyway and it was scheduled for 11/17. So 2 months over here🥲 but happy That Im finally on track with everyone else lol. I

hope you got your letter too!

Thanks!!! I’m praying for all of us that all goes well and all goes quickly.. no stress! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, kline19 said:

check was cashed today (finally)

application received 09/30

check cashed 10/25

yay!! Happy for you - that must be a very big relief!!

Sent: 09/07/21

Delivered: 09/09/21

Texts: 09/12/21

NOA1/Online Code: 09/15/21

Biometrics Apt: 11/17/21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.