micky7

September 2021 - AOS Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, gamma50g said:

I had a question. I was reading up and people say once you get receipt, you can walk into Biometrics center and get fingerprinted as they are usually free on weekday afternoons. 

If this is correct, then after I get biometric done earlier, would it also process the Green Card quicker (minus the delay in biometrics) or would it take the same time on average?

•  
  •  
  •  

This is not true. If you have your biometric appt and cannot go on that day then you can go a day or 2 earlier and asked them and they may let you if you have a valid reason and the officer is nice. Now after biometric it takes 1 to 3 months to get your travel and working permit, but it has nothing to do with green card process. This one may be quicker or longer depending on where you filed.

•  

21 minutes ago, Dark2013 said:

This is not true. If you have your biometric appt and cannot go on that day then you can go a day or 2 earlier and asked them and they may let you if you have a valid reason and the officer is nice. Now after biometric it takes 1 to 3 months to get your travel and working permit, but it has nothing to do with green card process. This one may be quicker or longer depending on where you will be scheduled.

Gotcha. Then the wait for biometrics begins. My status has not moved from receipts are mailed.

Which receipt does Biometrics show up? I 495 or I 130 or ead or I 131? I got 4 receipt numbers for these 4 documents

Edited by gamma50g

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dark2013 said:

This is not true. If you have your biometric appt and cannot go on that day then you can go a day or 2 earlier and asked them and they may let you if you have a valid reason and the officer is nice. Now after biometric it takes 1 to 3 months to get your travel and working permit, but it has nothing to do with green card process. This one may be quicker or longer depending on where you will be scheduled.

So after biometrics you can expect RFEs right? Then the 765/131 card in 60 to 90 days?

Just trying to figure out what's next here.

Out biometrics is scheduled for Oct 28th.

Edited by sandiegodan2020

1 hour ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

So after biometrics you can expect RFEs right? Then the 765/131 card in 60 to 90 days?

Just trying to figure out what's next here.

Out biometrics is scheduled for Oct 28th.

Why would you want RFE? If you filed correctly you should not get any RFE, assuming you also did your medical if not then yes you are right. As you said 765/131 usually takes 1-3months to process. I went from H1B to GC to US citizen so I have been through the process more than once....  I am filing for my husband this time as I am now a US Citizen. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
8 hours ago, Dark2013 said:

Why would you want RFE? If you filed correctly you should not get any RFE, assuming you also did your medical if not then yes you are right. As you said 765/131 usually takes 1-3months to process. I went from H1B to GC to US citizen so I have been through the process more than once....  I am filing for my husband this time as I am now a US Citizen. 

Thank you. I read people get random RFEs even for items already submitted that perhaps the officer can't find or it was not properly scanned.

15 minutes ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

Thank you. I read people get random RFEs even for items already submitted that perhaps the officer can't find or it was not properly scanned.

Yes that is true. It's a possiblity. Also I-765 and I-131 are taking 6-12 months because of COVID delays. You can find the case processing times on the USCIS website.

Removal of Conditions (tbd)
2/6/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/7/24: delivered and signed for

2/9/24: text message with IOE receipt number received at 12:26pm

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

Adjustment of Status (5 months)
9/13/21: AOS packet shipped via FedEx

9/15/21: delivered and signed for

9/17/21: 4 text messages with IOE receipt numbers received at 8:45pm

9/24/21: Received 4 receipt notices in the mail and online access code

9/25/21: Biometrics scheduled for Philadelphia, ASC

10/18/21: Biometrics appointment completed for I-485 and I-765 (Code 3)
10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

2/7/22: I-485 approved

2/12/22: I-797 approval notice received for I-485 and I-130

2/15/22: Green card delivered by USPS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 10/17/2021 at 7:54 AM, ltlbnna said:

Anyone else still waiting for biometrics? 

Me... Mailed in on September 17 and got text receipts on September 23. Still waiting for biometrics. My service center is in CA...

5 minutes ago, Azsxd said:

Me... Mailed in on September 17 and got text receipts on September 23. Still waiting for biometrics. My service center is in CA...

Good to know that. My service center is CA too. Whats your local FO? 

Update on my progress (had Biometrics yesterday in Elizabeth, NJ):

AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox via USPS 13-Sep-21
USPS delivered package 15-Sep-21
Electronic receipt confirmation of I-485 / I-765 / I-131 17-Sep-21
USCIS took payment ($1,225.00) 20-Sep-21
Received I-797Cs in mail for I-485 / I-765 / I-131 23-Sep-21
Biometrics scheduled 24-Sep-21
Received USCIS online access codes in mail 27-Sep-21
Received Biometrics appointment letter in mail 1-Oct-21
Biometrics appointment (I-485 / I-765) 18-Oct-21
USCIS Is Actively Reviewing Case 18-Oct-21

2 hours ago, Azsxd said:

San jose. I read somewhere that it's one of the slowest in the country.

Thats mine too!! Good to know someone with the same FO. Yes San Jose FO is one of the slowest even as compared to SFO since their caseload is horrific.

I applied for AoS for my parent. Application reached Chicago lockbox on Sept 24 and got text notification of receipts last Friday.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 10/16/2021 at 8:51 AM, googly3 said:

Wasn't expecting status changes over the weekend but this morning my online status changed to "biometrics scheduled" for 11/9 at the Lawrence, MA location :)

ooooh congrats! I just noticed you filed in Boston as well. I think we're one of the slow offices in this thread 😂 I've been away for a week but happy for those who've had appointments booked or receipts issued. For those that haven't, you're definitely not alone, I'm patiently waiting over here as well!

Edited by micky7

Sent: 09/07/21

Delivered: 09/09/21

Texts: 09/12/21

NOA1/Online Code: 09/15/21

Biometrics Apt: 11/17/21

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
57 minutes ago, micky7 said:

ooooh congrats! I just noticed you filed in Boston as well. I think we're one of the slow offices in this thread 😂 I've been away for a week but happy for those who've had appointments booked or receipts issued. For those that haven't, you're definitely not alone, I'm patiently waiting over here as well!

Hey, good to see a fellow New Englander! I'm actually an hour over in CT (address of my I-485), but my wife is in Boston (address in I-130), so I was surprised to get it biometrics in MA, since we have a field office in Hartford, CT too.

I was hoping to get the I-765 first so I can apply for a new job in the Boston area  and move in together (currently on H1b so it's extra work to switch jobs), but seeing how things are moving the last few months, we might get the interview before we get the I-765 (fingers crossed), will have some explaining to do lol.

Edited by googly3

Marriage to USC (H1b to GC)

9/07: Submitted I-130 and I130A online
09/14: Received NOA for I-130 in mail
9/24: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-765
9/27: Delivered to USCIS Chicago and signed by Chyba
09/29: Text messages for application
10/7: (2) NOA's for I-485 and I-765 received in mail

10/16: Online status changed to "biometrics scheduled". Bio on 11/09.

11/04: RFE received for Birth certificate

11/05: Uploaded RFE response. Status changed to "we have received RFE response"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oooohhhhhh i have a plan… lol 

i will submit my medical even if its not been requested yet - this is to prompt them to open my case, maybe they will be more inclined to work on it… lol 

i don’t know if it will work but hey, better i send ahead vs. Getting rfe for it right?? 
lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, ltlbnna said:

Oooohhhhhh i have a plan… lol 

i will submit my medical even if its not been requested yet - this is to prompt them to open my case, maybe they will be more inclined to work on it… lol 

i don’t know if it will work but hey, better i send ahead vs. Getting rfe for it right?? 
lol

I am not sure if this was in jest but in my amateurish opinion, there is no way to submit physical anything unless they RFE you. Sending unsolicited stuff to USCIS may result in them losing it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.