micky7

September 2021 - AOS Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Pizookie said:

Just finished my biometrics appointment at the Philadelphia ASC! It was quite busy today and a lot of people with US passports were there too — probably for UK visas and Army background checks. Cellphones need to be switched off and kept in your pocket at all times. There were only two people at the booths to take your fingerprints, even though there were ~10 booths in total. I went in 15 minutes before my scheduled time and waited about 40 minutes. Don't forget to bring your government-issued ID, I brought my driver's license and just in case, my passport. If you've changed your name, bring your marriage certificate. The USCIS contractor/officer takes your photo and then holds your hand/fingers and moves them around on the fingerprint scanner. The screen shows your fingerprints and changes color (green/orange/red?) — mine were all green so the scans were "good quality." The officer is wearing gloves but make sure to sanitize before/after just in case. 

When I went back to the car, I logged into my USCIS account and saw that both my I-485 and I-765 cases statuses changed "case is being actively reviewed." Now the wait begins for RFEs, I-693 deficiency notice, and finally the interview notice 🤞

I went to the ASC in Alexandria, VA. It was not busy at all. I was the first person in. There was a total of 4 or 5 contractors at the booths. I was in and out of there in around 5 minutes.

"His march to greatness was not without disastrous stumbling" - Lewis Sinclair

Concurrent filing along with I-130, I-765, I-131

09/11/2021 - Mailed off package
09/14/2021 - Package delivered to lockbox  
09/17/2021 - Bank Acct. debited in the amounts of $1225 and $535
09/17/2021 - Received 3 SMS messages with Receipt Numbers @ 8:52PM
09/23/2021 - Received Form I-797C in mailbox with Notice Date of 09/16/2021
09/24/2021 - Received notice that Biometrics Appointment date has been scheduled
09/25/2021 - My wife received Form I-797C Notice of Action via USPS which included the online access code
10/01/2021 - Biometrics NOA arrived in mailbox
10/18/2021 - Biometrics Completed ( Case Status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed")

04/06/2022 - EAD Card Is Being Produced

04/08/2022 - EAD Card Was Produced 

04/11/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By USPS

04/12/2022 - SS Card was delivered  to me

04/13/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By Post Office

09/01/2022 - I-131 Case Approved

09/02/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Was Produced

09/06/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Received

10/26/2022 - Interview Was Scheduled

11/29/2022 - Interview Completed (No Decision)

11 hours ago, ltlbnna said:

Thanks for confirming! Feel like there’s so few of us with no biometric appt yet… do you know how long before we can officially follow up? 

In my case, Im not expecting anything before a good part of the year passes as Im in California and things are pretty slow moving and from a couple other friends who also applied for parents AoS, Biometrics took time.

I dint know you could even follow up if Biometrics does not happen within a specific timeframe.

Where is this timeframe mentioned and where do we follow up?

Edited by gamma50g

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
56 minutes ago, gamma50g said:

In my case, Im not expecting anything before a good part of the year passes as Im in California and things are pretty slow moving and from a couple other friends who also applied for parents AoS, Biometrics took time.

I dint know you could even follow up if Biometrics does not happen within a specific timeframe.

58 minutes ago, gamma50g said:

I googled biometrics delay and came across this one from stilt… 6 months is a long time lol… :) 
EE95A3F8-6938-4F89-B01C-508B51D61DC7.thumb.png.c5f3de11bfdb29430f8d2cd6989c0246.png

After resending same package they sent us back last week , we received text messages today with receipt IOE 🥳🥳🥳. Finally done with step1🙏. I tried to add it to my uscis account where we filed the I-130 online, but it said receipt already have an uscis account. Not sure why, but will tell hubby to create his own account I guess. I guess next step is biometric🙏

1 hour ago, Dark2013 said:

After resending same package they sent us back last week , we received text messages today with receipt IOE 🥳🥳🥳. Finally done with step1🙏. I tried to add it to my uscis account where we filed the I-130 online, but it said receipt already have an uscis account. Not sure why, but will tell hubby to create his own account I guess. I guess next step is biometric🙏

Congratulations!!

1 hour ago, ltlbnna said:

I googled biometrics delay and came across this one from stilt… 6 months is a long time lol… :) 
EE95A3F8-6938-4F89-B01C-508B51D61DC7.thumb.png.c5f3de11bfdb29430f8d2cd6989c0246.png

Thank you!! I dint know this and would have waited for a good part of the year. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

we received text messages today with receipt IOE 🥳🥳🥳 

Congrats!!! Happy for you and I pray that things will go smoothly from now on

"His march to greatness was not without disastrous stumbling" - Lewis Sinclair

Concurrent filing along with I-130, I-765, I-131

09/11/2021 - Mailed off package
09/14/2021 - Package delivered to lockbox  
09/17/2021 - Bank Acct. debited in the amounts of $1225 and $535
09/17/2021 - Received 3 SMS messages with Receipt Numbers @ 8:52PM
09/23/2021 - Received Form I-797C in mailbox with Notice Date of 09/16/2021
09/24/2021 - Received notice that Biometrics Appointment date has been scheduled
09/25/2021 - My wife received Form I-797C Notice of Action via USPS which included the online access code
10/01/2021 - Biometrics NOA arrived in mailbox
10/18/2021 - Biometrics Completed ( Case Status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed")

04/06/2022 - EAD Card Is Being Produced

04/08/2022 - EAD Card Was Produced 

04/11/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By USPS

04/12/2022 - SS Card was delivered  to me

04/13/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By Post Office

09/01/2022 - I-131 Case Approved

09/02/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Was Produced

09/06/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Received

10/26/2022 - Interview Was Scheduled

11/29/2022 - Interview Completed (No Decision)

I had a question. I was reading up and people say once you get receipt, you can walk into Biometrics center and get fingerprinted as they are usually free on weekday afternoons. 

If this is correct, then after I get biometric done earlier, would it also process the Green Card quicker (minus the delay in biometrics) or would it take the same time on average?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

So glad for all the progress stories we’re getting in here! Us September filers seem to be in luck! 🥳🥳🥳

F1 Visa since 2014

Married USC 06/2021 - first marriage for both of us, no dependents

AOS timeline:

9/18 - Filed I-130 online, PD 9/19/21, NOA1 received same day

9/20 - Mailed I-485, I-693, I-864, I-131, I-765

9/22 - USPS delivers packet

9/25 - NOA1 for I-130 in mail

9/26 - SMS receipts for I-485, I-131, I-765 with receipt numbers

9/28 - Money orders cashed

9/30 - NOA1s for I-485, I-131, I-765 received in mail

10/2 - Biometrics scheduled (case status updated online)

10/3 - Received online access code in mail as well as assigned A#. Biometric appointment scheduled for 10/27

10/12 - Biometrics notice received in mail

10/27 - Biometrics taken, Case status for I-485 and I-765 changed to “Case is actively being reviewed by USCIS”

5/20/21 - EAD/AP Combo Card approval and being produced

5/25 - EAD/AP Combo Card produced

11/5 - I-130 Petition approved

11/7 - RFE for better copy of birth certificate. Response submitted the same day

01/09/23 - Submitted service request for RFE since >60 days 

01/10 - Case approved!! 

36 minutes ago, The.locd.doc said:

So glad for all the progress stories we’re getting in here! Us September filers seem to be in luck! 🥳🥳🥳

Yes compared to what I read , we are moving fast.🥳🥳🥳

49 minutes ago, gamma50g said:

Congratulations!!

Thank you

49 minutes ago, gamma50g said:

Thank you!! I dint know this and would have waited for a good part of the year. 

Every case is different. Biometric takes I usually one to 3 monthsbto be shecduled.

43 minutes ago, boy2aman said:

Congrats!!! Happy for you and I pray that things will go smoothly from now on

Thank you🙏

This is not true. If you have your biometric appt and cannot go on that day then you can go a day or 2 earlier and asked them and they may let you if you have a valid reason and the officer is nice. Now after biometric it takes 1 to 3 months to get your travel and working permit, but it has nothing to do with green card process. This one may be quicker or longer depending on where you will be scheduled.

Edited by Dark2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.