micky7

September 2021 - AOS Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, kline19 said:

I see no movement as well. Check has not been cashed. I applied for a parent on my own. They received it on September 30th.

I wonder what happens in the case if they return the docs back to correct them and the applicant's date on i94 already passed.

My lawyer said my parent can stay on with the fedex proof of delivery for AoS and no need to extend visa.

P.S. my parent's stay expires end of October per I-94.

Edited by gamma50g

1 hour ago, gamma50g said:

But then again, mine is AoS for a parent. Maybe it takes more time to get receipt in this category of AoS?

Okay in that case that is normal. I did my parents last year so you're absolutely right. It took longer indeed, but then it went fast. Good Luck

38 minutes ago, kline19 said:

I see no movement as well. Check has not been cashed. I applied for a parent on my own. They received it on September 30th.

I wonder what happens in the case if they return the docs back to correct them and the applicant's date on i94 already passed.

Nothing as they will be fine when you send it back. I did my parents last year during covid as they were stuck here, and nothing happen. Do not worry, they were approved without an interview

BREAKING

Sent packet:

09/24/2021 - Fedex overnight service $104

10/02/2021 - Money gone from account (sent two CITIBANK cheques (not money order nor credit card))

10/04/2021 - Four letters received. Aknowledgement/receipts for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

10/08/2021 - Online USCIS website status checked by entering recept number (Biometrics Appointment was Scheduled on 2nd Oct

10/09/2021 : Received 2 letters. 1 Biometrics and the other one is for ONLINE ACCESS CODE for I-130 petition (Biometrics appointment is on 27th Oct. was scheduled on 2nd Oct.) waiting for online access code for rest of the petitions

10/12/2021 : Received physical letter in post that has ONLINE ACCESS CODE for all other petitions i.e. I-485, I-765 and I-131

Applied as spouse to USC, no dependents, no kids, first marriage ever, married since 5 years, we lived 5 years in the UK, British citizen.

(Self made application - no lawyers/solicitors)

2 hours ago, Dark2013 said:

Okay in that case that is normal. I did my parents last year so you're absolutely right. It took longer indeed, but then it went fast. Good Luck

Thank you. That gives me a lot of hope !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Got my biometric appointment notice in the mail today! 10 days after it was scheduled online :) 

F1 Visa since 2014

Married USC 06/2021 - first marriage for both of us, no dependents

AOS timeline:

9/18 - Filed I-130 online, PD 9/19/21, NOA1 received same day

9/20 - Mailed I-485, I-693, I-864, I-131, I-765

9/22 - USPS delivers packet

9/25 - NOA1 for I-130 in mail

9/26 - SMS receipts for I-485, I-131, I-765 with receipt numbers

9/28 - Money orders cashed

9/30 - NOA1s for I-485, I-131, I-765 received in mail

10/2 - Biometrics scheduled (case status updated online)

10/3 - Received online access code in mail as well as assigned A#. Biometric appointment scheduled for 10/27

10/12 - Biometrics notice received in mail

10/27 - Biometrics taken, Case status for I-485 and I-765 changed to “Case is actively being reviewed by USCIS”

5/20/21 - EAD/AP Combo Card approval and being produced

5/25 - EAD/AP Combo Card produced

11/5 - I-130 Petition approved

11/7 - RFE for better copy of birth certificate. Response submitted the same day

01/09/23 - Submitted service request for RFE since >60 days 

01/10 - Case approved!! 

31 minutes ago, The.locd.doc said:

Got my biometric appointment notice in the mail today! 10 days after it was scheduled online :) 

Congratulations! 

Best feeling when wheel spins

26 minutes ago, gamma50g said:

No movement today either. No receipts and checks not encashed.

I would definitely contact the USCIS lockbox team
You don't ask you don't get

I did EMMA chat the other day to get an online access code, EMMA did not help on the spot but today I received three separate emails with an online access code in them.
I admit I became a bit impatient, also received a physical post letter with the same code. The moral of the story is you need to contact them, and they do reply and resolve your queries, maybe not the same day but eventually, they reply and answer. 

lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov

I wish you good luck, hopefully, you will get your letters soon! Prayers with you.

Sent packet:

10/02/2021 - Money gone from account (sent two CITIBANK cheques (not money order nor credit card))

10/04/2021 - Four letters received. Aknowledgement/receipts for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

10/08/2021 - Online USCIS website status checked by entering recept number (Biometrics Appointment was Scheduled on 2nd Oct

10/09/2021 : Received 2 letters, biometrics and ONLINE ACCESS CODE for I-130 petition together (biometrics appointment is on 27th Oct. was scheduled on 2nd Oct.) waiting for online access code for rest of the petitions

10/12/2021 : Received physical letter in post that has ONLINE ACCESS CODE for all other petitions i.e. I-485, I-765 and I-131

Case background: Applied as spouse to USC, no dependents, no kids, first marriage ever, married since 5 years, we lived 5 years in the UK, British citizen.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hi everyone! I'd like to get a second opinion, turns out I recently got my social security card but at the time I sent my application I didn't know whether I'd get one or not, should I upload my card now that I have it on me? 

19 hours ago, Onelife786 said:

I would definitely contact the USCIS lockbox team
You don't ask you don't get

I did EMMA chat the other day to get an online access code, EMMA did not help on the spot but today I received three separate emails with an online access code in them.
I admit I became a bit impatient, also received a physical post letter with the same code. The moral of the story is you need to contact them, and they do reply and resolve your queries, maybe not the same day but eventually, they reply and answer. 

lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov

I wish you good luck, hopefully, you will get your letters soon! Prayers with you.

Sent packet:

10/09/2021 : Received 2 letters, biometrics and ONLINE ACCESS CODE for I-130 petition together (biometrics appointment is on 27th Oct. was scheduled on 2nd Oct.) waiting for online access code for rest of the petitions

Case background: Applied as spouse to USC, no dependents, no kids, first marriage ever, married since 5 years, we lived 5 years in the UK, British citizen.

Thank you. My lawyers recommended me to wait for 30 days after filing before sending out the email. I will do it in another week.

Edited by gamma50g

1 hour ago, RoxyJen said:

Hi everyone! I'd like to get a second opinion, turns out I recently got my social security card but at the time I sent my application I didn't know whether I'd get one or not, should I upload my card now that I have it on me? 

Did you apply for SSC seperately and before applying for adjustment of status?

I think wait for them to ask about it

1 hour ago, gamma50g said:

Thank you. My lawyers recommended me to wait for 30 days after filing before sending out the email. I will do it in another week.

I applied by myself. Lawyers are not always right. Plus you are the one who is going to face the outcome (positive/negative), their mis-handling will only affect you and not them.

What I do no understand is why they stopping you from contacting USCIS. Worst USCIS will tell you to wait for 30 days.

Just know that, there is absolutely no negative impact on your application if you contact USCIS for general and genuine questions.

30 minutes ago, AndrAlb said:

Done with my biometrics just now! Case status changed literally 2 minutes after for EAD and AOS to Case is actively reviewed by USCIS. 
My appointment was at 11 and I was out by 11.15 AM. 
good luck y’all and don’t stress :) 

Nice! Mine is on Monday morning. 

I've heard from others with IOE receipts that they were stuck on "being actively reviewed" for 20-60 days until it went to "interview is ready to be scheduled."

Edited by Pizookie

Removal of Conditions (tbd)
2/6/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/7/24: delivered and signed for

2/9/24: text message with IOE receipt number received at 12:26pm

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

Adjustment of Status (5 months)
9/13/21: AOS packet shipped via FedEx

9/15/21: delivered and signed for

9/17/21: 4 text messages with IOE receipt numbers received at 8:45pm

9/24/21: Received 4 receipt notices in the mail and online access code

9/25/21: Biometrics scheduled for Philadelphia, ASC

10/18/21: Biometrics appointment completed for I-485 and I-765 (Code 3)
10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

2/7/22: I-485 approved

2/12/22: I-797 approval notice received for I-485 and I-130

2/15/22: Green card delivered by USPS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.