micky7

September 2021 - AOS Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JandK24 said:

My timeline:

AOS (adjusting from F1 visa, spouse of USC)

Sept 13: Package delivered at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 15: NOAs via text

Sept 16: Checks cashed 

Sept 20: NOAs in the mail

Sept 24: Biometrics scheduled 

October 4: Biometrics appointment notice in the mail, scheduled for Oct 22.

Thanks for sharing! I'm also adjusting from an F1 visa, let's keep each other updated since we have very similar timelines (though we're in different parts of CA). Here's a summary of mine:

9/18 - Filed I-130 online, PD 9/19/21, NOA1 received same day

9/20 - Mailed I-485, I-693, I-864, I-131, I-765

9/22 - USPS delivers packet

9/25 - NOA1 for I-130 in mail

9/26 - SMS receipts for I-485, I-131, I-765 with receipt numbers

9/28 - Money orders cashed

9/30 - NOA1s for I-485, I-131, I-765 received in mail

10/2 - Biometrics scheduled (case status updated online)

10/3 - Received online access code in mail as well as assigned A#. Biometric appointment scheduled for 10/27

F1 Visa since 2014

Married USC 06/2021 - first marriage for both of us, no dependents

AOS timeline:

10/3 - Received online access code in mail as well as assigned A#. Biometric appointment scheduled for 10/27

10/12 - Biometrics notice received in mail

10/27 - Biometrics taken, Case status for I-485 and I-765 changed to “Case is actively being reviewed by USCIS”

5/20/21 - EAD/AP Combo Card approval and being produced

5/25 - EAD/AP Combo Card produced

11/5 - I-130 Petition approved

11/7 - RFE for better copy of birth certificate. Response submitted the same day

01/09/23 - Submitted service request for RFE since >60 days 

01/10 - Case approved!! 

EMMA is not working, no matter what option I choose or what I write, automatic-robot reponses to webpages only

If 10:11am is not a working hour than I do not know what will be

2 hours ago, gamma50g said:

My lawyer sent me a copy of the whole packet. I dint see anything that was missing. We took our time to make sure everything including I 693 was completed and filed.

Fingers crossed this is just a processing delay due to sheer volume of cases received or due to their year ending.

If you have a lawyer then you are fine. It might be a timing issue, but just to be safe check next week with your lawyer as the package will go back to him. Mine did not have anything but came back..... But am sure my case is less than 1%.... You should be fine. Good luck and keep me posted.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

47 minutes ago, Dusty97 said:

Hey! Don't go worrying, I filed at the beginning of August and mostly everybody was getting their biometrics so quickly. I didn't get mine until the end of September. You will get yours eventually 🙂 it just all comes down to the state you are in and how they are handling everything 🙂

3 hours ago, The.locd.doc said:

Don’t worry! Did you receive the receipt numbers yet? Also, if you contact Emma trying to reach a live agent outside business hours, she’ll give you those kinds of responses. So make sure it’s during business hours. The agent should give you the code within the actual chat once you provide the receipt numbers

Thanks for the responses guys. I was just poking a little :) . Hoping to get it soon, just want to get the online access that way I'm not missing any mail.

16 minutes ago, Onelife786 said:

EMMA is not working, no matter what option I choose or what I write, automatic-robot reponses to webpages only

If 10:11am is not a working hour than I do not know what will be

I tried again too, both times it does say that live agent is connected and gives an agent ID and name. But the 2nd time I got a response saying that they've put me in queue with the help desk and I should get a call back or email within a week. Didn't give the code back in the chat itself. I guess we just need to be patient, the mail itself should be there soon.

Marriage to USC (H1b to GC)

9/07: Submitted I-130 and I130A online
09/14: Received NOA for I-130 in mail
9/24: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-765
9/27: Delivered to USCIS Chicago and signed by Chyba
09/29: Text messages for application
10/7: (2) NOA's for I-485 and I-765 received in mail

10/16: Online status changed to "biometrics scheduled". Bio on 11/09.

11/04: RFE received for Birth certificate

11/05: Uploaded RFE response. Status changed to "we have received RFE response"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone else in here without biometrics appt? Lol was one of the first ones here and yet…. Only NOA1 for all forms and access code… no biometrics.

i am feeling insecure!! Lol

5 minutes ago, googly3 said:

Thanks for the responses guys. I was just poking a little :) . Hoping to get it soon, just want to get the online access that way I'm not missing any mail.

I tried again too, both times it does say that live agent is connected and gives an agent ID and name. But the 2nd time I got a response saying that they've put me in queue with the help desk and I should get a call back or email within a week. Didn't give the code back in the chat itself. I guess we just need to be patient, the mail itself should be there soon.

Finally, got hold of a human, she saying she cannot give me the code, only technical departmnet can, so I have now requested her to transfer me to technical team. lol

3 minutes ago, Onelife786 said:

Finally, got hold of a human, she saying she cannot give me the code, only technical departmnet can, so I have now requested her to transfer me to technical team. lol

I agree, she closed the chat on me. lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
17 minutes ago, ltlbnna said:

Anyone else in here without biometrics appt? Lol was one of the first ones here and yet…. Only NOA1 for all forms and access code… no biometrics.

i am feeling insecure!! Lol

Don't lose hope! Even time itself passes differently for each person/thing in the universe :) Did you check the documents section of your case to see if they uploaded the biometrics notice on there? It would be under USCIS notices

F1 Visa since 2014

Married USC 06/2021 - first marriage for both of us, no dependents

AOS timeline:

10/12 - Biometrics notice received in mail

10/27 - Biometrics taken, Case status for I-485 and I-765 changed to “Case is actively being reviewed by USCIS”

5/20/21 - EAD/AP Combo Card approval and being produced

5/25 - EAD/AP Combo Card produced

11/5 - I-130 Petition approved

11/7 - RFE for better copy of birth certificate. Response submitted the same day

01/09/23 - Submitted service request for RFE since >60 days 

01/10 - Case approved!! 

Regarding getting online access code

1. What do they mean by this (attached screenshot)?

2. I sent paper application, do I still get an online access code?

3. Since I did paper application, obviously I do not have an account on USCIS (if I manage to get online access code, How will this work, do I have to create an account online? If so, Applicant or the Petitioner?)

image.thumb.png.8a0310de45b34405a78f37ebc689d02f.png

Edited by Onelife786

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Onelife786 said:

Regarding getting online access code

1. What do they mean by this (attached screenshot)?

2. I sent paper application, do I still get an online access code?

3. Since I did paper application, obviously I do not have an account on USCIS (if I manage to get online access code, How will this work, do I have to create an account online? If so, Applicant or the Petitioner?)

image.thumb.png.8a0310de45b34405a78f37ebc689d02f.png

2. You don't need it but it helps to access documents. Wait for the actual mail if Emma isn't working. 

3. Create account here first:  https://my.uscis.gov/ and then go to add paper case (but you need access code at final step).

I just got an email response from USCIS with the access code, so I'm all set with that. I had filled in the help form at my.uscis.gov/account/needhelp per Emma's instructions this morning and they responded.

6 minutes ago, googly3 said:

2. You don't need it but it helps to access documents. Wait for the actual mail if Emma isn't working. 

3. Create account here first:  https://my.uscis.gov/ and then go to add paper case (but you need access code at final step).

I just got an email response from USCIS with the access code, so I'm all set with that. I had filled in the help form at my.uscis.gov/account/needhelp per Emma's instructions this morning and they responded.

Thank you for sharing, shall I create the account on my name (applicant) or USC the petitioner should create an account?

(Full paper application)

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Onelife786 said:

Thank you for sharing, shall I create the account on my name (applicant) or USC the petitioner should create an account?

(Full paper application)

I think you should create it in your name and add the cases that you're the applicant for (that's what I did). We submitted I-130 online previously (wife is petitioner and already had account) so it was already in the system under her account. On my account, I can only see the forms that I submitted (485, 765), she can only see the ones that she did (130,130a). Not sure if there is a way to connect the two since it's concurrent, though at the top of my account it says concurrent so I know internally they are connected. 

3 minutes ago, gamma50g said:

I tried asking Emma and talked to a live agent. They asked me to mail the lockbox if no receipt was received after 60 days .

EMMA thing is so hit and miss, they closed my chat without me replying (three time) You have to be lucky to get an good agent who willing to actually help. I tried 4 times, no luck. They verify all your details i.e. DOB etc etc, at the end when you ask your question, they write one liner and close the chat.

1 hour ago, Onelife786 said:

EMMA thing is so hit and miss, they closed my chat without me replying (three time) You have to be lucky to get an good agent who willing to actually help. I tried 4 times, no luck. They verify all your details i.e. DOB etc etc, at the end when you ask your question, they write one liner and close the chat.

I agree. This happened to me too. Hopefully its not much longer of a wait...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.