1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Onelife786 said:

Can someone tell me or direct me to the thread/page, please

What happens after you send the cuncorrent filling packet or what to expect:

1. Text messages should come first?

2. Email comes first?

3. Money goes from account (being the 3rd step?)

4. Biometrics or Medical report request comes (which one comes first if one did not send I-693)

5. At what stage missing documents or additional documents request normaly comes and via what i.e. email or post letter (if any)

6. If one has sent everything paper-based i.e. I-130 also in form of paper and not online, will they still get online status code? and will this online code come before the biometrics/medical/additional document request/letter?

7. At what stage interview call/letter/appointment gets booked (after all above or can happen before Biometrics)?

8. Can work authorisation and travel permits come before Biometrics or Interview, or interview and biometrics needs to be done first

9. Ref. to 7. if interview and biometric needs to be done first, then how long after the interview one should expect work/travel authorisation?

Many thanks in advance

My Timeline:

Sent packet:

09/24/2021 - Fedex overnight service $104

Fedex info:

Delivered to MAILROOM - Chicago Centre
Signed by: J CHYBA on 09/27/2021 at 08:21am

Have not heard anything since

From my experience:

credit card charge first, text and email around the same time… Mail NOA next..

from what i know:

biometrics is next step unless they have question on your papers, you’ll get RFE before bio. RFE happens at any stage i think.. 

if you set up your online uscis account, you’ll get email notification of any movement (rfe, bio) prior to snail mail. 

Mine were all paper filing, i got ioe for all and i’ve set up online so they are all now online..

from what i seen: noa1, biometric, interview, decision - now if there are any questions, rfe could come any time.

ead can come before interview but dont think ead comes before biometric - some biometrics are reused though so possible for it to move forward without bio. For your question 9, ucsis has proceseing timelines for ead that’s been sent with concurrent filing and all depends on where its processed, what type of forms u submitted.. what i’ve seen is anywhere from 4 months to 13 months. Try to enter your details in timeline here in VJ - it may give you an estimate.. i did that and says i may get my ead in May (at the earliest) 

good luck! Hope i helped! 

56 minutes ago, ltlbnna said:

From my experience:

credit card charge first, text and email around the same time… Mail NOA next..

from what i know:

biometrics is next step unless they have question on your papers, you’ll get RFE before bio. RFE happens at any stage i think.. 

if you set up your online uscis account, you’ll get email notification of any movement (rfe, bio) prior to snail mail. 

Mine were all paper filing, i got ioe for all and i’ve set up online so they are all now online..

from what i seen: noa1, biometric, interview, decision - now if there are any questions, rfe could come any time.

ead can come before interview but dont think ead comes before biometric - some biometrics are reused though so possible for it to move forward without bio. For your question 9, ucsis has proceseing timelines for ead that’s been sent with concurrent filing and all depends on where its processed, what type of forms u submitted.. what i’ve seen is anywhere from 4 months to 13 months. Try to enter your details in timeline here in VJ - it may give you an estimate.. i did that and says i may get my ead in May (at the earliest) 

good luck! Hope i helped! 

First of all, I really appreciate that you took time out and went ahead and replied. Good experiece and knowledge/information given us.

My wife USC have applied for me, we are married since 5 years, but never lived in USA. we lived in the UK all this time. 

Sent packet:

Fedex info:

Timeline
3 hours ago, Onelife786 said:

First of all, I really appreciate that you took time out and went ahead and replied. Good experiece and knowledge/information given us.

My wife USC have applied for me, we are married since 5 years, but never lived in USA. we lived in the UK all this time. 

Sent packet:

Fedex info:

So i had 3 days waiting for my NOA text and email… a week for the mail version. I know that someone else in this group experienced delay in receiving their NOA but think @Pizookie found something in uscis that says noa may take 30 days… keep your fingers crossed it won’t be that long… good luck!!! Make sure you register online when you get you authorization code in mail. That makes life easier

5 minutes ago, ltlbnna said:

So i had 3 days waiting for my NOA text and email… a week for the mail version. I know that someone else in this group experienced delay in receiving their NOA but think @Pizookie found something in uscis that says noa may take 30 days… keep your fingers crossed it won’t be that long… good luck!!! Make sure you register online when you get you authorization code in mail. That makes life easier

Yes it is me. It has been almost 3 weeks since they received it and we did not get anything. I read that indeed it can happen so am not that worry. Just not as lucky as the others lol. You can also send an email to the lockbox and they will provide you an update. If it was rejected because you used an old forms or forgot to sign anything or the any other reasons, they will send it back and they will be able to tell you. But I would advise to wait the 30days period before reaching out. Good luck y'all.

1 hour ago, Dark2013 said:

Yes it is me. It has been almost 3 weeks since they received it and we did not get anything. I read that indeed it can happen so am not that worry. Just not as lucky as the others lol. You can also send an email to the lockbox and they will provide you an update. If it was rejected because you used an old forms or forgot to sign anything or the any other reasons, they will send it back and they will be able to tell you. But I would advise to wait the 30days period before reaching out. Good luck y'all.

Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge

Can you share the email address or page where we can contact them for this particular topic/issue i.e. no receipt acknowledgment 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, ltlbnna said:

From what i know petitioner to submit 2 photos with i-130… 6 in total for beneficiary - 2 each for 485, ead and ap… did you submit your photos when you filed online? 

8 hours ago, ltlbnna said:

From what i know petitioner to submit 2 photos with i-130… 6 in total for beneficiary - 2 each for 485, ead and ap… did you submit your photos when you filed online? 

I went back to read the instructions for I130 and the two photos were mentioned to be required of the petitioner for spouse application. There was no mention of the photos for petitioner when a parent is a beneficiary. The online i130 system didn't prompt me for photos either. 

I also think that four photos are needed of the beneficiary if I485+I765+I131 are filed jointly. 

4 hours ago, Dark2013 said:

Did they cash your check?

2 hours ago, Onelife786 said:

Can you share the email address or page where we can contact them for this particular topic/issue i.e. no receipt acknowledgment 

lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov

5 minutes ago, kline19 said:

I went back to read the instructions for I130 and the two photos were mentioned to be required of the petitioner for spouse application. There was no mention of the photos for petitioner when a parent is a beneficiary. The online i130 system didn't prompt me for photos either. 

I also think that four photos are needed of the beneficiary if I485+I765+I131 are filed jointly. 

Did they cash your check?

Not yet.... I did credit card form

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Grateful that things seem to be moving along for us! just happened to refresh my case status page on this tracker app around midnight and saw that my biometrics appointment was scheduled! Updated timeline:

• September 18th 2021 - Filed I-130 online, received PDF I-797 same day with priority date of September 19th 2021
  • September 20th 2021 - Mailed Packet with I-485, I-693, I-864, I-131, I-765
  • September 22nd 2021 - USPS confirms delivery of packet
  • September 25th 2021 - USPS informed delivery of letter from DHS (probably I-797 for I-130), it was.
  • September 26th 2021 - SMS notification of receipt numbers for I-485, I-765, I-131 at 6:22pm PST
  • September 28th 2021 - Money Orders cashed according to USPS
  • September 30th 2021 - USPS informed delivery of 3 letters from USCIS NBC (probably I-797s for other forms) - received.
  • October 2nd 2021 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

IMG_7713.thumb.jpg.fc6d1d2ff1370da97a85c51cbe9dfe96.jpg

F1 Visa since 2014

Married USC 06/2021 - first marriage for both of us, no dependents

AOS timeline:

9/18 - Filed I-130 online, PD 9/19/21, NOA1 received same day

9/20 - Mailed I-485, I-693, I-864, I-131, I-765

9/22 - USPS delivers packet

9/25 - NOA1 for I-130 in mail

9/26 - SMS receipts for I-485, I-131, I-765 with receipt numbers

9/28 - Money orders cashed

9/30 - NOA1s for I-485, I-131, I-765 received in mail

10/2 - Biometrics scheduled (case status updated online)

10/3 - Received online access code in mail as well as assigned A#. Biometric appointment scheduled for 10/27

10/12 - Biometrics notice received in mail

10/27 - Biometrics taken, Case status for I-485 and I-765 changed to “Case is actively being reviewed by USCIS”

5/20/21 - EAD/AP Combo Card approval and being produced

5/25 - EAD/AP Combo Card produced

11/5 - I-130 Petition approved

11/7 - RFE for better copy of birth certificate. Response submitted the same day

01/09/23 - Submitted service request for RFE since >60 days 

01/10 - Case approved!! 

25 minutes ago, The.locd.doc said:

Grateful that things seem to be moving along for us! just happened to refresh my case status page on this tracker app around midnight and saw that my biometrics appointment was scheduled! Updated timeline:

• September 18th 2021 - Filed I-130 online, received PDF I-797 same day with priority date of September 19th 2021
  • September 25th 2021 - USPS informed delivery of letter from DHS (probably I-797 for I-130), it was.

How come you knew that USPS informed you how? did you include pre-paid empty involop in the packet?

What they usually call receivers if they have something being posted?

Sorry noob here, I dont know nothing

Timeline
41 minutes ago, The.locd.doc said:

• September 26th 2021 - SMS notification of receipt numbers for I-485, I-765, I-131 at 6:22pm PST
  • September 28th 2021 - Money Orders cashed according to USPS
  • September 30th 2021 - USPS informed delivery of 3 letters from USCIS NBC (probably I-797s for other forms) - received.
  • October 2nd 2021 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

IMG_7713.thumb.jpg.fc6d1d2ff1370da97a85c51cbe9dfe96.jpg

Yay for you!!! I’m kinda stuck at noa stage… oh well… :) 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Onelife786 said:

Oh you should try it! Just go to usps website, register and they will send you email when you have mail coming to your address :)  there’s a section called informed delivery :) 43482B60-09AF-45AE-8B9E-3D157E52EBB5.thumb.png.0968292c0ae5694c7d595fc187745b4e.png

Timeline
20 hours ago, Onelife786 said:

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do;jsessionid=B4BBCC53D83FCB711D7295F2BCC3DB5A?sroPageType=ndn&entryPoint=init

thats for when you think you’re missing something in the mail.

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Onelife786 said:

No worries! We're all in this learning together. So as @ltlbnna said, on the USPS website, you can sign up for informed delivery notifications (for free) for eligible mailing addresses within the US. They email you a summary each day that you have letters incoming for that day. very neat feature 

F1 Visa since 2014

AOS timeline:

10/3 - Received online access code in mail as well as assigned A#. Biometric appointment scheduled for 10/27

10/27 - Biometrics taken, Case status for I-485 and I-765 changed to “Case is actively being reviewed by USCIS”

11/7 - RFE for better copy of birth certificate. Response submitted the same day

01/10 - Case approved!! 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, ltlbnna said:

Honestly I'm surprised! But don't lose hope! Progression is on the horizon 🙌

F1 Visa since 2014

AOS timeline:

01/10 - Case approved!! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
41 minutes ago, ltlbnna said:

I can understand how frustrated you must feel to see all these updates for other OP's but your time will come and I guarantee that your outcome will be great. Hang tight

"His march to greatness was not without disastrous stumbling" - Lewis Sinclair

Concurrent filing along with I-130, I-765, I-131

09/11/2021 - Mailed off package
09/14/2021 - Package delivered to lockbox  
09/17/2021 - Bank Acct. debited in the amounts of $1225 and $535
09/17/2021 - Received 3 SMS messages with Receipt Numbers @ 8:52PM
09/23/2021 - Received Form I-797C in mailbox with Notice Date of 09/16/2021
09/24/2021 - Received notice that Biometrics Appointment date has been scheduled
09/25/2021 - My wife received Form I-797C Notice of Action via USPS which included the online access code
10/01/2021 - Biometrics NOA arrived in mailbox
10/18/2021 - Biometrics Completed ( Case Status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed")

04/06/2022 - EAD Card Is Being Produced

04/08/2022 - EAD Card Was Produced 

04/11/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By USPS

04/12/2022 - SS Card was delivered  to me

04/13/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By Post Office

09/01/2022 - I-131 Case Approved

09/02/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Was Produced

09/06/2022 - Advanced Parole Document Received

10/26/2022 - Interview Was Scheduled

11/29/2022 - Interview Completed (No Decision)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.