micky7

September 2021 - AOS Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
5 minutes ago, AndrAlb said:

Basically IOE stands for USCIS Electronic Immigration System. That means our cases are filed on paper, but processed electronically. They started to issue more IOE numbers beginning June of this year, until then they issued mostly MSC numbers. In this case, I can clearly see that electronic files are more easy to acces and move forward with than looking through paper files. 

ahh I see. Makes sense! Glad mine are IOE then 😅 thanks for the clarification 👍

F1 Visa since 2014

Married USC 06/2021 - first marriage for both of us, no dependents

AOS timeline:

9/18 - Filed I-130 online, PD 9/19/21, NOA1 received same day

9/20 - Mailed I-485, I-693, I-864, I-131, I-765

9/22 - USPS delivers packet

9/25 - NOA1 for I-130 in mail

9/26 - SMS receipts for I-485, I-131, I-765 with receipt numbers

9/28 - Money orders cashed

9/30 - NOA1s for I-485, I-131, I-765 received in mail

10/2 - Biometrics scheduled (case status updated online)

10/3 - Received online access code in mail as well as assigned A#. Biometric appointment scheduled for 10/27

10/12 - Biometrics notice received in mail

10/27 - Biometrics taken, Case status for I-485 and I-765 changed to “Case is actively being reviewed by USCIS”

5/20/21 - EAD/AP Combo Card approval and being produced

5/25 - EAD/AP Combo Card produced

11/5 - I-130 Petition approved

11/7 - RFE for better copy of birth certificate. Response submitted the same day

01/09/23 - Submitted service request for RFE since >60 days 

01/10 - Case approved!! 

1 hour ago, AndrAlb said:

Isn’t it crazy? On USCIS website, at case processing times it shows that Detroit MI processes cases starting at 9.5 months to 17.5. I’m definitely thinking it has to do something with the IOE cases, they’re for sure faster. We also got biometrics appointments so fast! 

Yeah that's partly the reason. I think IOE cases have automatic tracking and therefore accountability and reminders for officers ;) Also saw a rumor on Reddit that USCIS is processing newer cases faster so their average processing time goes down and they just ignore the older ones 😕
Plus the USCIS processing times are 2 months old by the time they update it, so VisaJourney is actually in the "future" (present):

"The estimated time range displayed is based on data captured approximately two months prior to updating the page"

Removal of Conditions (tbd)
2/6/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/7/24: delivered and signed for

2/9/24: text message with IOE receipt number received at 12:26pm

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

Adjustment of Status (5 months)
9/13/21: AOS packet shipped via FedEx

9/15/21: delivered and signed for

9/17/21: 4 text messages with IOE receipt numbers received at 8:45pm

9/24/21: Received 4 receipt notices in the mail and online access code

9/25/21: Biometrics scheduled for Philadelphia, ASC

10/18/21: Biometrics appointment completed for I-485 and I-765 (Code 3)
10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

2/7/22: I-485 approved

2/12/22: I-797 approval notice received for I-485 and I-130

2/15/22: Green card delivered by USPS

1 minute ago, Pizookie said:

Yeah that's partly the reason. I think IOE cases have automatic tracking and therefore accountability and reminders for officers ;) Also saw a rumor on Reddit that USCIS is processing newer cases faster so their average processing time goes down and they just ignore the older ones 😕
Plus the USCIS processing times are 2 months old by the time they update it, so VisaJourney is actually in the "future" (present):

"The estimated time range displayed is based on data captured approximately two months prior to updating the page"

Omg I totally don’t want to get my hopes up but it’s all sooooo exciting 🤣

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
4 hours ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

We are adjusting from a K1 visa. Filed the combo application with I-485, I-865, I-765, and I-131.

Here is our updated timeline so far:

9/23/21 sent AOS packet via FedEx overnight.

9/24/21 received by 10 AM and signed by E. Poulls

9/27/21 received SMS text messages starting at 6 pm. With IOE numbers.

9/29/21 check cleared the bank.

And today 9/30/21 we started to get the paper I-797c NOAs. Receipt.

We just got the 797c for our I-131 at our home.

And I suspect the rest are in our PO box, which is our mailing address of record. 

I noticed the form I-131 did not have a place to differentiate physical address from mailing address.

So that's probably why we got this one at home. I'll go check the mailing address this afternoon.

Received date is 9/24/21

Notice date is 9/27/21

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

If you are responding to the NOID or RFE many lawyers today said as long as it’s dated between June 2020 and September 30, 2021 they extended the deadline to respond an additional 60 days I saw it on the USCIS site as well I’m not sure if that’s why you are worried but I hope that’s it and it helps ease your mind I have 10 days to respond to ours on the usual 30 day timeline but it seems I now have extra time so now I don’t have to rush fingers crossed this is what helps us be approved! 

2 hours ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

And I suspect the rest are in our PO box, which is our mailing address of record. 

I noticed the form I-131 did not have a place to differentiate physical address from mailing address.

So that's probably why we got this one at home. I'll go check the mailing address this afternoon.

Received date is 9/24/21

Notice date is 9/27/21

What FO is this? Same date and not a peep.

15 minutes ago, gamma50g said:

Field office doesn't matter. It's the Chicago Lockbox that sends out the NOA1s.

Removal of Conditions (tbd)
2/6/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/7/24: delivered and signed for

2/9/24: text message with IOE receipt number received at 12:26pm

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

Adjustment of Status (5 months)
9/13/21: AOS packet shipped via FedEx

9/15/21: delivered and signed for

9/17/21: 4 text messages with IOE receipt numbers received at 8:45pm

9/24/21: Received 4 receipt notices in the mail and online access code

9/25/21: Biometrics scheduled for Philadelphia, ASC

10/18/21: Biometrics appointment completed for I-485 and I-765 (Code 3)
10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

2/7/22: I-485 approved

2/12/22: I-797 approval notice received for I-485 and I-130

2/15/22: Green card delivered by USPS

Timeline
18 minutes ago, gamma50g said:

San Diego is our office, but we filed at the lockbox in Chicago.

Timeline
3 hours ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

Received date is 9/24/21

Notice date is 9/27/21

We got all three I-797c notices today.

Now waiting for the access code and biometric invite.

Edited by sandiegodan2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

sent I485 packet with I131 and I765 for my mom.

USCIS at Chicago received at 10 in the morning on September 30th.

I130 filed online on August 15th. 

I have a question, I included four photos for the beneficiary but didn't include any photo of me i.e. the petitioner. Was that required?

Thanks.

7 hours ago, sandiegodan2020 said:

We got all three I-797c notices today.

Now waiting for the access code and biometric invite.

Congratulations!

I am still waiting for the text messages.

Can someone tell me or direct me to the thread/page, please

What happens after you send the cuncorrent filling packet or what to expect:

1. Text messages should come first?

2. Email comes first?

3. Money goes from account (being the 3rd step?)

4. Biometrics or Medical report request comes (which one comes first if one did not send I-693)

5. At what stage missing documents or additional documents request normaly comes and via what i.e. email or post letter (if any)

6. If one has sent everything paper-based i.e. I-130 also in form of paper and not online, will they still get online status code? and will this online code come before the biometrics/medical/additional document request/letter?

7. At what stage interview call/letter/appointment gets booked (after all above or can happen before Biometrics)?

8. Can work authorisation and travel permits come before Biometrics or Interview, or interview and biometrics needs to be done first

9. Ref. to 7. if interview and biometric needs to be done first, then how long after the interview one should expect work/travel authorisation?

Many thanks in advance

My Timeline:

Sent packet:

09/24/2021 - Fedex overnight service $104

Fedex info:

Delivered to MAILROOM - Chicago Centre
Signed by: J CHYBA on 09/27/2021 at 08:21am

Have not heard anything since

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, kline19 said:

sent I485 packet with I131 and I765 for my mom.

USCIS at Chicago received at 10 in the morning on September 30th.

I130 filed online on August 15th. 

I have a question, I included four photos for the beneficiary but didn't include any photo of me i.e. the petitioner. Was that required?

Thanks.

From what i know petitioner to submit 2 photos with i-130… 6 in total for beneficiary - 2 each for 485, ead and ap… did you submit your photos when you filed online? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.