LU SEE FURR

Tourist Visa from Philippines, Going to Mexico for a couple of weeks

20 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

i am not confused 

crazy cat told you she may not be able to reenter the US from Mexico and border protrol could say no

and you said "no biggie on that"

u are flirting here with US immigration laws and rules 

good luck 

and i am out

As far as I know there is no visa that is a  guaranteed entry into the USA

Don't need luck just follow the rules and things always work out, and don't live life scared

And I am still waiting for the documentation where USCIS or CBP states one must go to thier home country after leaving the USA on a tourist visa, Yea I will wait for that , I don't blame you for being out on that one when you make incorrect statements that can't be backed up with facts.

Edited by LU SEE FURR

3 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Note that going to Mexico, Canada or Carribean does not  "reset" the time allowed to stay in the US from the initial POE.

Just to expand on this, any re-entry after 30 days or less will still be subject to the original 6 month (assuming she gets full usual) time limit applying - so if her initial stay is example valid till 30 March, that remains the hard limit for subsequent re-entries. It is actually my impression that generally she would not have a problem re-entering the US on this basis as the original i94 time limit still applies.

If she looks like she is trying to game the system (example flies somewhere non contiguous for a week and tries to come back) that problems could arise on entry. My understanding - though I cannot find anything explicit on this, because CBP only talks about 30 days or less-  is that more than 30 days in a contiguous territory  either (1) will be seen as a new B2/i94 entry, and that could also attract increased scrutiny or (2) they just won’t allow you re-entry.  CBP info page link https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-751?language=en_US

Edited by SusieQQQ

2 hours ago, LU SEE FURR said:

You have gotten yourself in state of confusion, Please take time to read he questions and answers and it will make much more sense to you. Let me try to help you out:

I actually think you're not understanding the points that JeanneAdil is making, though I appreciate that her wording isn't as clear as it could be.

2 hours ago, LU SEE FURR said:

"Don't Understand"

1. Mr Crazy Cat stated:  "Her re-entry into the US will not be guaranteed.  Every entry into the US is subject to the discretion of CBP for all non-US citizens and all non-US legal residents", Which I responded "No visa is guaranteed you will be able to enter the USA, No biggie on that one"  :  There is not one visa issued that will guarantee entry into the USA was my point to him and he seemed to understand it.

"you say she coming to your place and leaving checked lugguage and u will travel with just carry on

but u say not important for her to be able to reenter US and have her checked in bags to go home?"

2.  She will leave the lion share of her clothes at my place, and we will only take carry on luggage if and when we go to Mexico, I don't know what is confusing about this.

The point JeanneAdil is making is that your girlfriend will be leaving the majority of her possessions at your place in the US, whilst you go to Mexico. If she can't get back into the US before returning home to the Phillipines, she will have to leave all these possessions.

"she does have to return to her country on the tourist visa"

3. She can go anywhere she would like as long as her passport allows entry after visiting the USA, When she gets ready to leave the USA we may look into hanging out in Brazil or Peru for a while, so there is no written rules she has to go back to her country on a tourist visa, this is a incorrect statement from you.

JeanneAdil was highlighting that your girlfriend cannot stay in the US on a tourist visa - it's a non-emigrant visa. Presumably this was being highlighted because you didn't seem concerned that your girlfriend might have to leave her possessions in the US (most tourists don't like to abandon their belongings). I think you've interpreted what she was saying way too literally (probably because you're new and so, not familiar with the way JeanneAdil phrases things, which is understandable).

In all honesty, I think you'll be fine doing the trip you're doing and that she'll have no problems getting back into the US. I did the exact same trip whilst visiting friends in the US (though I wasn't dating anyone in the US at that time and I'm from the UK - whilst is a much lower fraud risk than the Philippines. Both of those factors would have helped my ease in travelling.). 

But still, I wouldn't worry about it and I would make the trip, in your shoes. I just wanted to flag that the advice you've been given is actually valid - I don't think it's a cause for concern, but it's factual. 

1 hour ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

In all honesty, I think you'll be fine doing the trip you're doing and that she'll have no problems getting back into the US. I did the exact same trip whilst visiting friends in the US (though I wasn't dating anyone in the US at that time and I'm from the UK - whilst is a much lower fraud risk than the Philippines. Both of those factors would have helped my ease in travelling.). 

But still, I wouldn't worry about it and I would make the trip, in your shoes. I just wanted to flag that the advice you've been given is actually valid - I don't think it's a cause for concern, but it's factual. 

Thanks and I have no worries.

I just don't understand why certain people with negative attitudes try to keep pointing out you can't stay in the USA on a Tourist Visa,  Isn't this pretty much well known by people and especially some one with a Tourist Visa.

11 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

This will be a new B2 entry with a new (possibly shorter) I-94 expiration (at the discretion of CBP), correct?  

No - if they spend less than 30 days in Mexico she is considered to have re-entered and the original I-94 expiration date applies.

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-751?language=en_US

10 hours ago, LU SEE FURR said:

Please provide proof she has to return to her counry on a tourist visa

Entry (and in this case re-entry) is not absolute.  It is subject to inspection at the POE.  But generally it is not an issue assuming you guys aren't heading to Cancun for illegal activities.  

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.