jace5869

Traveling to Philippines currently

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Has anyone tried getting a visa to enter the Philippines or tried entering without lately (American)?

Currently trying to either meet up with my girlfriend or meet there and she is saying it's incredibly difficult flying out and thinks meeting there is easier. Unfortunately, 10 day quarantine would eat up an incredible amount of PTO, but I'm not opposed to going that route. Was hoping pre-flying her to Thailand, say Phuket, and quarantine and then I fly into the sandbox would be an option or going to some other country like Morocco. However, if me quarantining there is the easiest then I don't see an issue if I am allowed there.

We are both vaccinated and I'm affiliated with the Govt. being a cleared contractor if that helps in drafting up any affidavits for support and reassuring I wouldn't keep her past visa. 

4 hours ago, jace5869 said:

Has anyone tried getting a visa to enter the Philippines or tried entering without lately (American)?

Currently trying to either meet up with my girlfriend or meet there and she is saying it's incredibly difficult flying out and thinks meeting there is easier. Unfortunately, 10 day quarantine would eat up an incredible amount of PTO, but I'm not opposed to going that route. Was hoping pre-flying her to Thailand, say Phuket, and quarantine and then I fly into the sandbox would be an option or going to some other country like Morocco. However, if me quarantining there is the easiest then I don't see an issue if I am allowed there.

We are both vaccinated and I'm affiliated with the Govt. being a cleared contractor if that helps in drafting up any affidavits for support and reassuring I wouldn't keep her past visa. 

If you have no ties to Philippines it gonna be difficult or impossible for you to enter the Philippines.  You would need to meet in a 3rd country like you described and then you will have to watch if Philippines citizens are banned from going there due to Covid, or if Philippines is banning people coming from the country you meet her in.

Things seem to change quite often as well. 

13 hours ago, jace5869 said:

I have a visa and will be flying there in October. Unless you are married to a Filipina or have a Filipino child living in PH you will not be able to travel there. Also it will be very difficult for her to leave there to meet you in a 3rd country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.